Crime Tx school district wants to balance Holocaust books with opposing views

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...gT1xJ4kgwa7UXQ3rqQWg-NZOv4WbwUgIIFqif_tvE66lM
This from the same state that called slaves workers. Don’t change Texas. This is what happens when you get people who think if you don’t talk about history it didn’t happen.
I get not teaching all white people are evil but what is exactly opposing views to the Holocaust.

I am sure somoene in the Texas legislature can pull the copy of 'Mein Kamph' off their bedside dresser and loan it out for few classes.

gettyimages-501415222-1584471833.jpg

That would actually be hilarious. A teacher should bring it in and give the Teaxs State Legislature all the credit.

Last edited:
It would be interesting to see if this administrator supported CRT and this is their way of trying to fuck with them because they are pissed off.

If they are going to teach the holocaust was not real then that's stupid. If they are going to teach that not every German knew or would have supported it then that's different.

That thought crossed my mind. It is certainly a way to show their disapproval for what at the end of the day was a highly recactionary, overly broad, opaque, deeply flawed piece of legislation.

Further reading says the comments were in response to a fourth grade teacher having this book, "This Book Is Anti-Racist" in the classroom and receiving a formal reprimand after parent complaints. Apparently because it was "one sided" and breaks this legislation.
God knows what they thought needed to be presented to provide "balance".

Okay so this clears things up and it's what I suspected.

She is a left wing smartass who is trying to make a point.

She could very well be a left wing smart-ass. But it is a legitimate point.

The CRT law the Texas State legislature passed is terrible. Absolutely terrible.

'Teachers are required to present multiple perspectives when discussing “widely debated and currently controversial” issues.'

The current controversy or debate status of an issue should not be factored into whether or not multiple perspectives are presented. Only whether the material being presented is factual or not.

The fact that the earth is round is currently a widely debated and contentious issue. As is the notion, in Texas at least, that humans did not roam the earth with Dinosaurs.

https://www.texastribune.org/2010/02/17/texans-dinosaurs-humans-walked-the-earth-at-same/

Should teachers be presenting the flat earth and Flintstones perspective in schools?

Hilarity aside, getting back to the real nuts and bolts of the laws now, how is a teacher meant to determine when the controversial nature of factual subject matter merits the inclusion of unfactual alternate perspectives?

The civil rights movement was real. It happened. Rosa Parks was arrested for not giving up her seat to a white person. That was a law. A pretty damn recent law in fact. What is the alternative perspective meant to be placed alongside that?

The fact that this post received likes demonstrates the Swiss cheese brains around here.

Let's unpack the logic of this, shall we:

1. If something is factual, you should be able to question it.

2. Therefore, anything that can't be questioned isn't factual.

3. Therefore, everything either a) can be questioned or b) isn't factual.

4. Therefore, we can never say that anything really happened beyond question.

And we wonder how we've gotten to the point where half the population is walking around thinking everything is a conspiracy.

Insert image of snake eating its own asshole.
I’ll bite - the numbers of estimated killed has risen many times over the decades and now some are saying maybe it’s actually 10 million.

Basic math tells you 6 or 10 are very exaggerated. Do some. I’m not denying what happened, I’m casting doubt on the numbers.

What part of the link are you disagreeing with? Because he didn't misrepresent the language itself. It requires teachers to present every subject without deference to any perspective. In the context of the Holocaust, that would mean that the teacher can't teach about the Holocaust without giving more deference to the perspective that the Nazis were anti-Semitic over the perspective that the Nazis were not anti-Semitic. I don't know if that's the intended outcome but it's what the language requires.

Honestly, I think it's even worse than that. The language even forbids teachers from giving kids extra credit for attempting to engage the political process.

Agreed

Unfortunately, attention whoring, virtue signaling, and gas lighting have made their way into state legislatures all over the country on both sides of the aisle. Pretty much any state legislature close to a supermajority is just trying to see how far down their respective rabbit holes they can go.

While the right is fucking with voting rights, reproductive rights, and trying to eradicate the concept of racism from history, the left is making major retail outlets have gender neutral toy and toothbrush displays, and inserting themselves into the process of condom removal during fucking.

Anytime a person in power says "let's have a conversation" or "we can have this discussion" means that the law "says what it means."

The school is trying to protect itself. It's how the game is played.

Every time a politician starts to say " We need to reimagine..." hide your shit, guard your kids and pray that your not within the blast radius.

My home state never fails to disappoint.

It's going to be hilarious seeing the anti-SJW Jews like Bari Weiss do an about-face on the anti-CRT hysteria that they've been pushing to start screaming about anti-Semitism here.

If these bad faith actors were actually interested in removing CRT from school classrooms I wouldn't have a problem with that. Actual CRT should be reserved for studies you can take in college, not K-12. But when their "CRT bills" remove teaching about MLK and white supremacy from school curriculum they give the game away and what this is really about.

But this isn't an ironic outcome. The language of the bill says to do something, the OP is about a school district choosing to do that something in regards to the Holocaust. I don't follow your point. What is the "premise of the outrage", maybe that's where I'm not following your train of thought.

It is ironic.

The very people indicating they're unable to teach because they're required to teach so many perspectives are the ones who have inadvertently been championing post-modernist curriculums in the first place. Now they're seeing the absurdity of it all.

I'm talking about the mass famine, chaos, incessant partisan attacks and retaliations, and logistics breakdown, as well as very unclear lines of responsibility within that state. The Hollywood story is a part of it but it focuses very tightly in on one aspect of the catastrophe that was WW2, there was a cascading series of Very Bad Things going on that fed into one another.

I’ll bite - the numbers of estimated killed has risen many times over the decades and now some are saying maybe it’s actually 10 million.

Basic math tells you 6 or 10 are very exaggerated. Do some. I’m not denying what happened, I’m casting doubt on the numbers.
Miles different from calling into question the event's factuality.

Further reading says the comments were in response to a fourth grade teacher having this book, "This Book Is Anti-Racist" in the classroom and receiving a formal reprimand after parent complaints. Apparently because it was "one sided" and breaks this legislation.
God knows what they thought needed to be presented to provide "balance".
Welcome to the Circus.

Miles different from calling into question the event's factuality.
Yeah saying the Holocaust didn't happen or vastly underestimating the number of dead is bullshit. But saying the number of dead is closer to 5.5. or 5.7 million and not 6 million should not be seen as anti Semitic . 6 million obviously can't be the right amount because it is too nice a round figure.

The US Holocaust Memorial Museum says 6 million
https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/cont...victims-of-the-holocaust-and-nazi-persecution

But science.rog says between 5.4 million and 5.8 million
https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/sciadv.aau7292

Back