Two years after the Danish burqa ban - "Muslim women isolate themselves"

At some point, its up to the people to leave their old ways behind or stop complaining about them. What can society do when people refuse to stand up for themselves?

It's 32°C right now. Too damned hot. No place is perfect and there's no excuse to act as if you've been hard done by and duped into moving somewhere, of your on free will, that's going to be a giant disappointment.
Doesn't matter where people live, if they live there long enough they develop a new baseline of normal and from that baseline they tend to make complaints. Idk, complaining about day to day stuff is a natural human thing and immigrants shouldn't feel like they have to grovel in their day to day lives. If someone born in Canada can complain then immigrants should be able to as well. If they say they "hate Canada" that's one thing but most of us have things we dislike even in the things we love. You can't tell me that your family members don't have quirks that irk you right? Doesn't mean you don't love them.
To put my attitude in perspective - it's the chronic complainers that set me off. One example that comes to mind was ending up at a house party after a date. The girl was new here so a family friend had me take her out, after which we ended up in a house full of FOB Hungarians. After several hours of listening to their disappointment and slagging Canada I lost it. The date went to shit afterwards.

People tend to put on rise coloured glasses when talking about the old country from the comfort and safety provided them by the new. It irks me.
Some people leave their home country out of necessity or due to lack of opportunity, that doesn't mean they don't miss a lot that they left behind. For a lot of immigrants they have family and memories back home and that's priceless.
How much did you pay to become a moderator? I thought moderators would be neutral without biased opinions.
tenor.gif

You are prone to insult others and see yourself as a better person, but you are not fooling me. You may act like the nice moderate Muslim, but whatever situation invites that to condemnation, you have an ability to always protect your religion. One can also not get any sensible answers from you as you are so vague in your comments. If I myself were to produce some highlights from everything you have written, I can not come up with one as you are like an automatic answering machine without feelings or passion. I think you once answered a member about where you stand politically, and you replied that you were evolving. No solid or concrete just lots of lubrication.
So your complaint here is that I don't agree with you? Guess what bud, I don't agree with plenty in the WR.
Then you say you love your country, but at the same time you talk so much shit about the country that welcomed you. And only on this page I have found types like you who put your words in my mouth. When I speak negatively about Islam, you just can not stop yourself but make it a racial issue. It's you who use brown people bad. Your mind-reading abilities are absolutely not enough.

What comes next? @Goonerview as Moderator?
Uh just so you know I was born in America, this is my home country. And yes ya goof, just because I love America doesn't mean I can't criticize it. We have something called the first amendment here, gives us freedom of speech. Real freedom of speech btw, not the fake kind you guys have over there in Europe where you're free to speak politely but can't hurt people's feelings.

It's 32°C right now. Too damned hot. No place is perfect and there's no excuse to act as if you've been hard done by and duped into moving somewhere, of your on free will, that's going to be a giant disappointment.

To put my attitude in perspective - it's the chronic complainers that set me off. One example that comes to mind was ending up at a house party after a date. The girl was new here so a family friend had me take her out, after which we ended up in a house full of FOB Hungarians. After several hours of listening to their disappointment and slagging Canada I lost it. The date went to shit afterwards.

People tend to put on rise coloured glasses when talking about the old country from the comfort and safety provided them by the new. It irks me.

Ah fuck thats familiar

I usually have to shut russians up if they start talking about how much better russia is than my country.

Im always like well you are free to go back there lol.

It usually passes the older people get

The problem with this video is that no one that's taken seriously really argues we're going to save the world by allowing everyone who is poor to emigrate here. Rather people call for refugees fleeing instability and political violence/persecution to be given asylum. The number of refugees at any given moment is going to be small compared to the number of people who are immigrating. Separately others argue that immigration is a net benefit so that argument isn't based on humanitarian concerns but the economics for which there is reasonable disagreement based on a whole host of factors.

I am not saying that therefore Europe has to take either refugees or immigrants but just saying that some misunderstand the argument for those things and often conflate them.

Ah fuck thats familiar

I usually have to shut russians up if they start talking about how much better russia is than my country.

Back in the day before the internet, or when leaving the old country was a one way trip I was more sympathetic. Nowadays ignorance isn't an excuse. That's ignoring the blatantly obvious - if the old country was so much better then why the hell did you leave in the first place? One would think that changing their adopted country into someplace resembling the place they left would result in the similar living conditions.

Agree with them being afraid and saying what the males would want them to say. I cant imagine a women being happy to wear that over their head and face for all their lives. What happens when it's 90 or 80 degrees? I bet they sweat like pigs in that.
Back in 2004 New Orleans there as a Muslim couple that lived in the same apartment complex as me. It gets HOT in Louisiana in the summer time. This ninja clothed woman was carrying groceries in while her husband wasn’t helping. It was about 95 degrees that day. She passed out. I’m not sure who called the abundance wasn’t her husband. According to the building manager her husband was too busy praying.

Last edited:
LMFAO @ banning that....

Is it oppression for women? Yeah probably but it's still a choice and they chose this..even tho its because of indoctrination, they chose this.

If the government really cares so much about this and thinks is oppression.....why not use tax payers money on ads/etc talking shit about burkas etc, instead of outright banning....this way your actially fighting the problem of this burka indoctrination idea with a counter idea that could actually do impact and change their minds.

Or just lets these women be....seems like a non issue.

Reading through this thread its obvious why the west is crumbling. None of you understand the most basic concepts of life. You been indoctrinated with a bunch of silliness, like feminism.

The truth is that feminism is a lie. Women were designed to be led by men not the other way around. They weren't designed to be robots like some societies treat them but they need to be led and regulated by men. Without the guidance of a man a woman becomes an agent of chaos. She becomes a detriment to herself and all those around her. You give her power and she becomes a monster.

When you treat women as independent equals and give them power you know what you get? You get a 70% divorce rate, you get scores of men having their children and livelihoods routinely taken from them. You get the work environment turned upside down. You get charges of sexual harrassment and male toxicity. Unless raised and regulated properly to respect a mans role in society they abuse men and attempt to lord over them. These are things the average man in the west has no clue about.

I think covering the face is a bit extreme. But this feminazi culture we have here in the west is even more backward and ridiculous.

Ah fuck thats familiar

Back in the day before the internet, or when leaving the old country was a one way trip I was more sympathetic. Nowadays ignorance isn't an excuse. That's ignoring the blatantly obvious - if the old country was so much better then why the hell did you leave in the first place? One would think that changing their adopted country into someplace resembling the place they left would result in the similar living conditions.

If it does not fit, you can go back to where you came from. This very phrase has in some strange way been anchored in being racist. But since I was a child, I always had to learn away is good but home is best.

As you knew before @Bald1 , I have lived for many years in Thailand plus all the trips during the summer and the sports holidays that I was spending at a Thai camp in my younger days.

Thailand gave me Muay thai, sun and food. The more Thailand the more I began to love and hate the country. The people who became your friends are the best friends imaginable, but the population as a whole is obsessed with money. Now it's also an explanation for why money is so important. There are not many safety nets in Thailand and you can not count on much help from the state if you should be in need.

But this obsession with money creates water rings of trouble, corruption and death. Being constantly guarded in the event of a problem is one of the first things the Thais must learn. This extreme "money talks bullshit walks-mentality was a big reason why I began to value Sweden and long for my old home.

If I return to the people who are in Denmark or Sweden and come from areas where clan culture is prevalent, you would have been surprised how many of these refugees have lots of money in various different accounts. And then we must not forget about gold. The majority of the women who came here from Palestine had lots of gold inside their clothing. So this image many of us have in front of us that they come here with only a bag and the clothes they are wearing are simply not correct. We had our state television that did interviews in Greece when the refugee wave was at its greatest and most of the interviewees wanted to come to Sweden. We asked why Sweden in particular, and they replied that we had a good reputation, and were a rich country.

And so I finally come to what I wanted to address in the first place. The woman with the burqa in Denmark who has been deprived of her liberty. I just want to say to her. If it does not fit, you can go back to where you came from.

Complaining Muslim women, including Sherdogs own moderate moderator muslim should make it mandatory to watch this movie below. Everyone should see it and experience the value of a woman compared to a man in the Muslim world. Free will to wear what you want? LOL

MV5BZjY4NDQ0NGEtZDhkYS00Yjg3LWE3MjEtYTJlNDhhNjhiNjA4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTg5MDEyNw@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,692,1000_AL_.jpg

Reading through this thread its obvious why the west is crumbling. None of you understand the most basic concepts of life. You been indoctrinated with a bunch of silliness, like feminism.

The truth is that feminism is a lie. Women were designed to be led by men not the other way around. They weren't designed to be robots like some societies treat them but they need to be led and regulated by men. Without the guidance of a man a woman becomes an agent of chaos. She becomes a detriment to herself and all those around her. You give her power and she becomes a monster.

When you treat women as independent equals and give them power you know what you get? You get a 70% divorce rate, you get scores of men having their children and livelihoods routinely taken from them. You get the work environment turned upside down. You get charges of sexual harrassment and male toxicity. Unless raised and regulated properly to respect a mans role in society they abuse men and attempt to lord over them. These are things the average man in the west has no clue about.

I think covering the face is a bit extreme. But this feminazi culture we have here in the west is even more backward and ridiculous.
I am actually in partial agreement here, Westerners are far too quick to dismiss the concept of modesty. Of course that concept can be perverted, most often you see it in the form of the double standard whereby women are expected to be modest while men expect to be free to partake in temptations of the flesh. They want to fuck around with thots then toss them aside like a used rag and settle down with a pure maiden. This is of course wrong but its wrong because of the hypocrisy, not because modesty is in and of itself wrong. Our reaction shouldn't be "well if men won't be modest then no one should be modest" but rather "if women are going to be modest then everyone has to be modest".

The funny thing is we are starting to see a return of a culture of modesty but in a disorganized and nonsensical way with the advent of #metoo; feminists seem to want the liberty of the sexual revolution without the drawbacks and are trying to revive a piecemeal culture of modesty where they can flaunt their sexuality but expect men to tightly control theirs. Kind of the reverse of the hypocritical double standard of modesty of yesteryear.

However modesty can be taken too far, in its ideal form modesty culture should be facilitating the ability of women to live dignified lives(as evidenced by the many indignities experienced by women in the aftermath of the sexual revolution) and here is where the burka comes in; it does the opposite. For one its religious roots are dubious; centuries ago it was actually a Near Eastern garb for elite women of any religion. Elite women wore it as a sign of their status and men were expected to not even look in the direction of a woman wearing a burka. But the thing is elite women back then did not spend most of their time in public, they spent most of their time in their own homes in the women's quarters or in other female spaces. This is possible because being elite women they did not have to work personally or have to run errands like going to market, they could spend more time with their own families or with other elite women at social gatherings. In other words they usually did not wear the burka.

This is in stark contrast to many modern women who wear the burka. For one its been infused with a religious undertone and therefore that will invoke a special kind of social pressure. Additionally in the West it becomes onerous because we tend to live very public lives as opposed to the more private lives that women lived in the premodern Islamic world. This is especially true of working class women who do not have the luxury of leisure the way elite women do and yet they are expected to wear the burka and in fact are more likely to in many cases. So while I agree with you that Westerners are way too quick to throw the baby out with the bathwater when it comes to modesty, the burka is problematic even from an Islamic perspective. I don't think it should necessarily be banned, though I'm not as against that as I might be some other forms of anti-Islam legislation given how problematic the burka is, but I understand why Europeans have a revulsion to it and I don't think they're entirely wrong. Muslim women should just stick to hijab. My only issue is that Westerners try to frame these laws as them saving these women when its the opposite. Just admit you want to enforce a certain cultural standard, which is a defensible position, instead of being a spineless liar and trying to pretend you're doing it for their benefit.

Complaining Muslim women, including Sherdogs own moderate moderator muslim should make it mandatory to watch this movie below. Everyone should see it and experience the value of a woman compared to a man in the Muslim world. Free will to wear what you want? LOL
I'm not a woman though...

Back