Television TV Show Thread

Watched the new Dracula show on Netflix and it was actually pretty darn good. Looks like simple reboot, but it has an original spin. Not the greatest acting, but the guy playing Dracula is good.

The Magicians season 5 is going to start next Wednesday on SyFy. I'm rewatching the first 4 seasons in Netflix right now. There's a lot of stuff/Easter eggs early in the show that I missed the first time around. Love this show!!

Right. This season is book 4, which is a set up for major events to come.

One big change from the book was the cargo that was stolen and sold to Marco. In the books, his crew raids a Mars military outpost on a moon of Jupiter iirc. They should have kept that scene because it could have been an epic visual display.

Lastly, Amazon already signed The Expanse for a season 5. In fact it was signed prior to the premier of season 4.
I feel like they could have just made that book a two part episode/movie-like, then focused on the next book.

I haven't read that book though, so do you think book 4 was worth an entire season?

I'm afraid to look into the books further, as I don't want any spoilers, and would rather read the rest after the series is done.

I feel like they could have just made that book a two part episode/movie-like, then focused on the next book.

I haven't read that book though, so do you think book 4 was worth an entire season?

I'm afraid to look into the books further, as I don't want any spoilers, and would rather read the rest after the series is done.

Yeah I think it's worth an entire season, especially knowing what's coming next. In this season, there was still a lot of story to tell this season on four different fronts. It would have been tough to stuff all of it into a movie. With that said, the show still cut a few corners with events in the book compared to what was shown for convenience.

It will all be worth it when season 5 rolls around. ;)

Thanks, I can't wait for more!
giphy.gif

If you’re trying to make me jealous, it worked.

I watch almost everything alone. In all the years I watched Game of Thrones, I only ever watched it with someone else one time, and it was a superior experience.

The worst part is not having anyone to talk to about shows. I mean, I know a lot of people, but none of them share my passion for premium television. I can talk about them here, but if I'm honest, it's not the same. There's a few guys that have grown to trust my opinion and will watch anything I tell them to, but it took me forever to sell Mr. Inbetween to most people, and that is the very best show I've seen in years. The second season in particular, man, it had a surreal quiet intensity, and it was more emotionally powerful than I would have ever expected. The last episode... I tear up just thinking about it, and have problems talking to people about it without choking up. Fun fact... Australian men say "I'll miss you" to amazing friends because it isn't acceptable to say "I love you" to another man.

If you haven't seen this show, do whatever it takes to find it. I'll fucking burn it and mail it to you if I have to.

Watched the new Dracula show on Netflix and it was actually pretty darn good. Looks like simple reboot, but it has an original spin. Not the greatest acting, but the guy playing Dracula is good.

I liked it. Thought the first 2 episodes were like the old Hammer House films.

I'm on episode 3 of "The Man in the High Castle". so far, not bad.

Didn't like it.

Dracula was too much of a wuss, and Van Helsing's accent was painful.
Van Helsing was terrible, and yet, oddly charismatic.
Didn’t like Dracula at first, but he grew on me.

I watch almost everything alone. In all the years I watched Game of Thrones, I only ever watched it with someone else one time, and it was a superior experience.

The worst part is not having anyone to talk to about shows. I mean, I know a lot of people, but none of them share my passion for premium television. I can talk about them here, but if I'm honest, it's not the same. There's a few guys that have grown to trust my opinion and will watch anything I tell them to, but it took me forever to sell Mr. Inbetween to most people, and that is the very best show I've seen in years. The second season in particular, man, it had a surreal quiet intensity, and it was more emotionally powerful than I would have ever expected. The last episode... I tear up just thinking about it, and have problems talking to people about it without choking up. Fun fact... Australian men say "I'll miss you" to amazing friends because it isn't acceptable to say "I love you" to another man.

If you haven't seen this show, do whatever it takes to find it. I'll fucking burn it and mail it to you if I have to.
Dude, none of my close friends or coworkers even watched Game of Thrones until the last 2 seasons.
I feel that pain.

Back