Television TV Show Thread

that the one with his brother?

Yep. That would have been a nice secret to reveal at the end. Plus he was probably the pinnacle serial killer overall. All the truths of Dexter should have been built towards the finale. The actual finale didn't really make much sense for the character of Dexter.

last episode of The Expanse was stupidly disappointing.
it's like the writers just said, 'whatever, we're done.'
be surprised if Amazon funds any more seasons.

Started watching Downton Abbey last night, and ended up binging the whole first season. I didnt really think I'd get into it, but I am hooked. I'm actually gonna watch season 2 of Downton tonight instead of the Expanse S4.

It's a great show, only took me a few weeks to blow through the whole thing. I even convinced one of my college aged kids to watch it and she loves it too.

One of the best TV series of all time. I also loved the BBC version of Sherlock Homes.

It's not for everybody but I love Downton Abbey also.
I'm such an idiot. I always thought it was called Downtown Abby, and was about some uppity young Victorian era woman finding her way in the world. I kept hearing great things about it, and always saw it in my Amazon Prime suggestions

I'm about 5 episodes in, and I only realised it's spelled Downton Abbey, despite looking at its thumbnail numerous times

I absolutely love this show, what a great cast, excellent acting/writing all around. The music/score pulls it all together too.

Last edited:
I'm late to the show, but I just finished watching Dexter. The first 5-6 seasons were really good. I can see why people don't rate season 7 and 8 that much. The series finale was underwhelming too. But over all, very enjoyable series.

Yeah it's not like in my top shows but I'm glad I watched it and it had some memorable moments.

Really that bad?

Really that bad?
I know it's futile to compare the show to the books, as it is with all treatments of written material.
They've been fairly faithful too, which is nice, but the plot turns in the last two or three episodes just
don't make sense to me.

Really that bad?
I liked season 4 (Expanse for anyone wondering), but it's better to binge. There are a few plots that don't do much for Bobbie and Chrisjen, but Bobbie's helps explore the changes taking place on Mars. There's also lot of focus on minor characters that won't return, but they help build on the main cast/world building.

The entire season is little more than a set up for what's to come, but there are some great moments. If you liked the Expanse, it's still excellent, just a weak follow up to Season 3.

I liked season 4 (Expanse for anyone wondering), but it's better to binge. There are a few plots that don't do much for Bobbie and Chrisjen, but Bobbie's helps explore the changes taking place on Mars. There's also lot of focus on minor characters that won't return, but they help build on the main cast/world building.

The entire season is little more than a set up for what's to come, but there are some great moments. If you liked the Expanse, it's still excellent, just a weak follow up to Season 3.

Right. This season is book 4, which is a set up for major events to come.

One big change from the book was the cargo that was stolen and sold to Marco. In the books, his crew raids a Mars military outpost on a moon of Jupiter iirc. They should have kept that scene because it could have been an epic visual display.

Lastly, Amazon already signed The Expanse for a season 5. In fact it was signed prior to the premier of season 4.

"
WandaVision was one of the biggest Disney+ shows planned for 2021, but the company announced today that the Marvel series’ release date is moving up to 2020.

Disney revealed the news in a sizzle reel teasing what’s set to hit the streaming service this year. There’s no specific release date for WandaVision yet, making it unclear if it will premiere before or after Marvel’s other highly anticipated Disney+ show, Falcon and the Winter Solider. Adding the series helps Disney pad out 2020 with high-profile shows that can boost subscriber numbers.

Marvel previously teased that the events of WandaVision will be referenced in Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness, which is still slated for May 7th, 2021. The show follows Elizabeth Olsen’s Scarlet Witch and Paul Bettany’s Vision from the Avengers film"

In other news scarlet witch according to Kevin Feige is the most powerful Avenger by a mile. It's not even close according to him and people will find out how massively powerful she is in the next group of films.

just finished warrior . very good show if you like martial artist

I don't think it was all that bad. I mean, I haven't read any of the books but the only thing that really bothered me was how
stupidly Ashford got himself killed

exactly. he could have at least killed Marco before Philip killed him.
really dumb.

I don't think it was all that bad. I mean, I haven't read any of the books but the only thing that really bothered me was how
stupidly Ashford got himself killed

exactly. he could have at least killed Marco before Philip killed him.
really dumb.

I said the exact same thing in the Expanse thread.

Despite just appearing last season, Ashford is one of my favorite characters in the show.
Sad to see him die.
If I were Ashford, I would have just shot Marco dead even if his son got the drop on me since he knows he was going to die anyway.

lol didn't even know there was an Expanse thread.
checked and didn't see it I guess.

First Trailer for FARGO Season 4 Starring Chris Rock; Premieres April 19, 2020

The fourth season stars Chris Rock, who plays the head of a crime syndicate made up of black migrants fleeing the Jim Crow South who have a contentious relationship with the Kansas City mafia. It is set in 1950 Kansas City, Missouri.

First Trailer for FARGO Season 4 Starring Chris Rock; Premieres April 19, 2020

The fourth season stars Chris Rock, who plays the head of a crime syndicate made up of black migrants fleeing the Jim Crow South who have a contentious relationship with the Kansas City mafia. It is set in 1950 Kansas City, Missouri.

i dunno bout that, boi. looks like chris rock trying to do boardwalk empire or something @Bang Bang

Back