Television TV Show Thread

Finished season 2 city on a hill, pretty good season, wish there were more episodes. Only 8 this season

Actually just watched the first few episodes. It's pretty cheesey and yeah it is a bit of a drag at times but the fights are decent and some aspects of it are interesting enough to keep me watching to see where it goes.
It kept it interesting enough to keep me watching, but I don't know why. Guy with the stick is the most interesting of the bunch.

Posted this in the Castlevania thread, if anyone's curious about the 4th season -

I particularly had very low hopes for this after the 3rd season, which I absolutely hated. In my experience when series are start off awesome (Seasons 1&2) and then have a terrible season (3) they usually stay at that quality until they're eventually cancelled.

But, to my absolute amazement, this season was damn good... Even great... Hell, it might be as awesome as the first two seasons.

IMO, it may be best to view Seasons 3&4 as a 20 episode 3rd season.

The only complaint I have is the events of the last two episodes aren't quite explained correctly. Many things happen with little to no explanation and viewers are just expected to roll with it.

Anyway, if you liked the first two seasons this 4th season will be far more fulfilling than the 3rd season. Castlevania is back and up to the quality it should be, and hopefully it'll continue into a 5th season.

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/...rren-ellis-new-castlevania-netflix-interview/

Now just started Ted Lasso, and it's flippin hilarious. NFL team manager comes to England to manage a football team.

MM-479%20Ted%20Lasso.jpg

I have finished the first season. Show of the year so far for me.

His relentless positivity just wears you down. Very well written show.

BATMAN: CAPED CRUSADER Animated Series from J.J. Abrams, Matt Reeves and Bruce Timm Coming to HBO Max

batman.jpg

J.J. Abrams and Matt Reeves are re-teaming for a new Batman animated series. The powerhouse directors, along with DC animated universe veteran Bruce Timm, have received a straight-to-series order for Batman: Caped Crusader from HBO Max and Cartoon Network. The series is billed as a “reimagining of the Batman mythology.”

“We are beyond excited to be working together to bring this character back, to tell engrossing new stories in Gotham City,” said Abrams (Star Wars: The Force Awakens) and Reeves (The Batman) in a statement. “The series will be thrilling, cinematic and evocative of Batman’s noir roots, while diving deeper into the psychology of these iconic characters. We cannot wait to share this new world.”

For Abrams and Reeves, the project represents a reunion after they previously worked on Felicity and 10 Cloverfield Lane.

For Timm, the project is a return to an animated world he helped establish with 1995’s acclaimed Batman: The Animated Series.

Batman: The Animated Series was a masterpiece that shaped the perception of the character for an entire generation of fans,” said Warner Bros. Animation president Sam Register. “It is in that spirit that we are bringing together three master storytellers in J.J., Matt and Bruce – each with their own intuitive understanding and affection for the character – to create a new series that will continue in the same groundbreaking legacy.”

More show details from the release: “Utilizing state-of-the-art animation techniques and technologies available, this powerful creative partnership will once again reinvent Batman and his iconic rogue’s gallery with sophisticated storytelling, nuanced characters and intense action sequences all set in a visually striking world.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/batman-caped-crusader-abrams-reeves-hbo-max-1234955444/

MY ADVENTURES WITH SUPERMAN Animated Series Coming to HBO Max and Cartoon Network

WBA_Superman_Image-copy.jpg

HBO Max and Cartoon Network have also ordered a new Superman animated series as well. My Adventures with Superman has Jack Quaid (The Boys) voicing Superman/Clark Kent.

The series is described as a kids-and-family animated series following 20-something versions of Superman, Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen “as they begin to discover who they are and everything they can accomplish together as an investigative reporting team at the Daily Planet.”

“This is the first animated Superman series in many years and we want to tell our Superman story through the trio of Clark, Lois and Jimmy – whose relationship dynamic will allow for rich, serialized and engaging stories as we explore their lives as individuals and their journey together as friends,” Register said

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/batman-caped-crusader-abrams-reeves-hbo-max-1234955444/

I have finished the first season. Show of the year so far for me.

His relentless positivity just wears you down. Very well written show.
I'm potentially there with you with show of the year, I burned through it in a lazy Sunday easily. Roll on July. Happy, sad, hilarious, you get the whole deal.

I'm potentially there with you with show of the year, I burned through it in a lazy Sunday easily. Roll on July. Happy, sad, hilarious, you get the whole deal.
The character arcs for EVERY single character so far is extraordinary. Such a funny, feel good style.

If they can keep the momentum going for the "relegation" then the "redemption" (is series 2 and 3); I will be a very happy chappy.

Treadstone Actor Jeremy Irvine to Play Gay Hero Alan Scott in HBO Max's GREEN LANTERN

zBmKyMt.jpg

HBO Max’s Green Lantern has zeroed in on an actor to play Alan Scott, with Jeremy Irvine, who led the Bourne TV spinoff Treadstone, in talks for the role of the comic book hero.

Scott is one of the higher-profile gay characters in the DC Universe, although that is only a relatively recent development. He was created in 1940 with his ring being magical in nature. When Green Lantern was re-developed in the 1960s, it was against a sci-fi backdrop and the hero, Hal Jordan, was a test pilot in the Atomic Age. Eventually, Scott was re-introduced as a Lantern from a parallel Earth and in the 2000s. With the flourishing of the multiverse concept, he was reconceived as gay, leading a more inclusive movement at the publisher.

Irvine made his feature debut in 2011 starring in Steven Spielberg’s adaptation of War Horse. The English actor played a young Pierce Brosnan in Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again and appeared in dramas The Professor and the Madman and The Last Full Measure. Most recently, Irvine starred in the Jason Bourne-inspired spy series, Treadstone.

The HBO Max series stars Finn Wittrock as Guy Gardner, one of the many Green Lanterns expected to appear in the big-budget series from executive producer Greg Berlanti and Warner Bros. TV. Berlanti, Seth Grahame-Smith and Marc Guggenheim are writing the series, with the Grahame-Smith set as showrunner.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/green-lantern-jeremy-irvine-alan-scott-1234956195/

Quibi content is now on the Roku Channel starting today

https://www.theverge.com/2021/5/13/...als-streaming-ad-supported-free-uk-usa-canada

• #FreeRayshawn
  • About Face
  • Bad Ideas with Adam Devine
  • Barkitechture
  • Big Rad Wolf
  • Blackballed
  • Centerpiece
  • Chrissy’s Court
  • Cup of Joe
  • Die Hart
  • Dishmantled
  • Dummy
  • Fight Like a Girl
  • Flipped
  • The Fugitive
  • Gayme Show
  • Iron Sharpens Iron
  • Last Looks
  • Let’s Roll with Tony Greenhand
  • Most Dangerous Game
  • Murder House Flip
  • Murder Unboxed
  • Nightgowns
  • Prodigy
  • Punk’d
  • Reno 911!
  • Royalties
  • Shape of Pasta
  • Thanks a Million
  • You Ain’t Got These

Treadstone Actor Jeremy Irvine to Play Gay Hero Alan Scott in HBO Max's GREEN LANTERN

zBmKyMt.jpg

HBO Max’s Green Lantern has zeroed in on an actor to play Alan Scott, with Jeremy Irvine, who led the Bourne TV spinoff Treadstone, in talks for the role of the comic book hero.

Scott is one of the higher-profile gay characters in the DC Universe, although that is only a relatively recent development. He was created in 1940 with his ring being magical in nature. When Green Lantern was re-developed in the 1960s, it was against a sci-fi backdrop and the hero, Hal Jordan, was a test pilot in the Atomic Age. Eventually, Scott was re-introduced as a Lantern from a parallel Earth and in the 2000s. With the flourishing of the multiverse concept, he was reconceived as gay, leading a more inclusive movement at the publisher.

Irvine made his feature debut in 2011 starring in Steven Spielberg’s adaptation of War Horse. The English actor played a young Pierce Brosnan in Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again and appeared in dramas The Professor and the Madman and The Last Full Measure. Most recently, Irvine starred in the Jason Bourne-inspired spy series, Treadstone.

The HBO Max series stars Finn Wittrock as Guy Gardner, one of the many Green Lanterns expected to appear in the big-budget series from executive producer Greg Berlanti and Warner Bros. TV. Berlanti, Seth Grahame-Smith and Marc Guggenheim are writing the series, with the Grahame-Smith set as showrunner.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/green-lantern-jeremy-irvine-alan-scott-1234956195/
So they are just reconning out the fact Obsidian and Jade are his kids?

First Official Look at Jordan Fisher as Impulse in The CW's THE FLASH

E17VhVJWQAAjNg3

The character arcs for EVERY single character so far is extraordinary. Such a funny, feel good style.

If they can keep the momentum going for the "relegation" then the "redemption" (is series 2 and 3); I will be a very happy chappy.
Yeah, even that turned my frown upside down at the end he dealt with it so well.
Love this show. I wish he was my friend :D

I don't know if Mr Inbetween can beat it when it comes back, as much as I can't wait for that.

I watched some episodes, it’s fine, not great but not terrible. Still would have preferred it was a new IP instead of a reboot of The Equalizer.

I've been following the progress of the 2021 reboot's performance in viewership since it began broadcast.

The show began with a big 20.40 viewership for its first episode but would see huge drops with episode 6 reaching the lowest point at 6.99, but then the numbers started going back up with both episodes 7 and 8 reaching 7.22 and recently went up to 7.39 for episode 9 and the last two episodes ranking 4th in overall viewerships behind NCIS, 60 Minutes and FBI.

While I'm not a big fan of the reboot myself, this might be a sign that show found its stable audience.

MY ADVENTURES WITH SUPERMAN Animated Series Coming to HBO Max and Cartoon Network

WBA_Superman_Image-copy.jpg

HBO Max and Cartoon Network have also ordered a new Superman animated series as well. My Adventures with Superman has Jack Quaid (The Boys) voicing Superman/Clark Kent.

The series is described as a kids-and-family animated series following 20-something versions of Superman, Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen “as they begin to discover who they are and everything they can accomplish together as an investigative reporting team at the Daily Planet.”

“This is the first animated Superman series in many years and we want to tell our Superman story through the trio of Clark, Lois and Jimmy – whose relationship dynamic will allow for rich, serialized and engaging stories as we explore their lives as individuals and their journey together as friends,” Register said

People on social platforms are discussing the art style, Lois' "tomboyish" looks, a black Jimmy Olsen (not the first time this happened) or Clark being a "malewife", I'm more focused on the fact Superman is being voiced by one of the main casts of 'The Boys'. (not Homelander's actor sadly, that would have been interesting.)

People on social platforms are discussing the art style, Lois' "tomboyish" looks, a black Jimmy Olsen (not the first time this happened) or Clark being a "malewife", I'm more focused on the fact Superman is being voiced by one of the main casts of 'The Boys'. (not Homelander's actor sadly, that would have been interesting.)
I don't like everything about this new Superman animated series. They even got Jack Quaid, who has a dweeb-like voice, to voice Superman/Clark Kent which speaks volumes on how they want the "Man" of Steel to be portrayed.

Watched 2 seasons of Seal Team. Enjoying it more than I expected. All the family and relationship drama is lame, but the action is surprisingly good and most operations quite unique and well done.

Yeah, even that turned my frown upside down at the end he dealt with it so well.
Love this show. I wish he was my friend :D

I don't know if Mr Inbetween can beat it when it comes back, as much as I can't wait for that.

Just found the first 2 episodes of season 3 !
Can't wait to watch.

Back