TUF 19 Edgar VS Penn Episode 5 Discussion

Clark defeats himself IMO. He couldn't stick to a game plan and instead kept moving with his back against the cage, allowing himself to be stalked. And he kept throwing knees even though he got taken down off of almost every one. The leg kicks could have been useful in the first round too.

Next episode looks wild.

The fight was not very technical, but it was not bad imo.
At least the boxer never gave up.
Next episode seems weird.

What the heck goes down next week? Looks like everyone was pissed!

I may be biased, being from Kentucky I want to see Kentucky guys do well when they get a shot but Josh definitely did more damage. Corey did nothing on the ground. Corey did enough to win the fight just by laying in top positions but it wasn't spectacular at all. He will get killed in the semi's imo.

The fights haven't been super exciting but I've been enjoying this season so far. Next week should be good.

I hope what ever goes down next week, Ian Stephans is still the winner. He's my pick to win the whole show.

Can't wait for next week lol

Am I wrong or was that Buchecha in the background in next week's preview?

Alrighty then that was interesting the next show I mean. Did the force of the takedown break the Octagon cage. Stay tuned next week to find out. :icon_chee

based on the attraction it looks like someone used illegal elbows, lost a point, and somehow still won?

Did you guys see a completely different preview from me, because all I saw was a takedown cut to Team Penn and Mazzagati's voice saying "one point." I don't see anything close to an illegal elbow there.

Could be possible that they have to go into third round- one guy loses a point in the third but still wins the round and the fight is therefore a draw?

9-9
10-9 blondie

Blondie wins.

that's what I took away from the preview as well.

The scenario Sgt. Jumpy suggests just above your post is how I figured it would play out, resulting in those scores.

But what has me baffled is why is Maz even reffing any TUF fight. Dana despises him. It's his show. Does the Nevada State commission have so few refs they need to use Maz when they know Dana despises him? Are they out to piss him off? Or is the whole Dana hates Maz thing contrived to stir up hype. I find the idea it could be all hype very possible. I mean really with all the refs they could use what is Maz doing there. DW has said on multiple occassions that he thinks the guy should have his ref liscence taken away, ect... Very, very strange, imo.

Last edited:
It'll be an instant point deduction with no warning for fence grabbing I guarantee it, but I don't daleychamp guarantee it.

I've heard a lot of rumors. No Contest, BS point deduction, robbery, so who really knows?

I know. Some guy made a thread with spoilers the other day. :icon_chee

Apparently some site from Sweden posted two episodes in advance.

I know. Some guy made a thread with spoilers the other day. :icon_chee

Apparently some site from Sweden posted two episodes in advance.

Yeah, they corrected it tho.

Back