Economy TSMC Arizona Has Been Activated

Trump said he wont defend Taiwan so.im.sire Taiwanese people have a reason to be concerned

I'm not saying they shouldn't be, but the reason we're willing to help isn't because we let them build chips with our technology.

And the disruption would suck for sure, but they would be replaced in time. Not to mention in this scenario the plants are destroyed and they're lots of Taiwanese expats floating around.

Don’t count your chickens before they hatch, I’m sure China is gonna make a huge breakthrough between now and January 1st.

I was reading an article this morning about how the Chinese are sounding very desperate, begging for investment, cutting interest rates, allowing for banks to have less reserves, and another article about how a high level economic advisor was disappeared for criticizing Xi.

China has fallen off so hard, it’s reflected in the lack of China threads and fearmongering. I actually tried to find a China thread earlier on the first page.

AMG.jpg

The view that China was the emerging geopolitical power, with developing nations tucked under its wings, is looking similarly shaky. It is now unclear whether China’s GDP will ever surpass the U.S. and nations around the world are rethinking their ties to Beijing and the debt trap that is the Belt and Road Initiative.

Meanwhile, China’s population growth is
done. Chinese entrepreneurs are leaving the country. Optimism is dimming among Chinese youth. The Chinese stock market is tanking. Foreign direct investment is in freefall, as global business seeks alternatives to the “world’s factory” that don’t come with the same geopolitical risk, and Big State political meddling. The economic indicators are so bad that Beijing is pulling many of them from public view. As for the United States, it is chugging along as the world’s fastest-growing and most dynamic economy. Inflation is down while jobs, real wages, and productivity are going up.

They've lost ground by multiple trillions.

AMG.jpg

The view that China was the emerging geopolitical power, with developing nations tucked under its wings, is looking similarly shaky. It is now unclear whether China’s GDP will ever surpass the U.S. and nations around the world are rethinking their ties to Beijing and the debt trap that is the Belt and Road Initiative.

Meanwhile, China’s population growth is
done. Chinese entrepreneurs are leaving the country. Optimism is dimming among Chinese youth. The Chinese stock market is tanking. Foreign direct investment is in freefall, as global business seeks alternatives to the “world’s factory” that don’t come with the same geopolitical risk, and Big State political meddling. The economic indicators are so bad that Beijing is pulling many of them from public view. As for the United States, it is chugging along as the world’s fastest-growing and most dynamic economy. Inflation is down while jobs, real wages, and productivity are going up.

They've lost ground by multiple trillions.

I've seen some tinfoil hat stuff that they've already soft coup'd Xi over this internally and they're just letting him do his thing for appearances.

They miss the Deng and Chen days.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be, but the reason we're willing to help isn't because we let them build chips with our technology.

And the disruption would suck for sure, but they would be replaced in time. Not to mention in this scenario the plants are destroyed and they're lots of Taiwanese expats floating around.

Not disagreeing, but there is supporting Taiwan with a token gesture of weapon sales to honor their agreements and full throated military support.

Taking on China militarily is a drastic action. The US may balk if it really came down to it. At the end of the day, nations go to war only for their self interest.

The US is not going to fully support Taiwan in an invasion just because it's the "right thing to do." They'll only do that if it is in their geopolitical interests. Having the most advanced chip fabs in the world gives them that strategic leverage.

Not disagreeing, but there is supporting Taiwan with a token gesture of weapon sales to honor their agreements and full throated military support.

Taking on China militarily is a drastic action. The US may balk if it really came down to it. At the end of the day, nations go to war only for their self interest.

The US is not going to fully support Taiwan in an invasion just because it's the "right thing to do." They'll only do that if it is in their geopolitical interests. Having the most advanced chip fabs in the world gives them that strategic leverage.
<TrumpWrong1>

Back