Trump's response to family of slain muslim soldier

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...be-she-wasnt-allowed-to-have-anything-to-say/

"Id like to hear his wife say something... His wife, if you look at his wife, she was standing there. She had nothing to say. She probably, maybe she wasn't allowed to have anything to say."

Yes he was responding to an attack on him, and it's typical Trump to attack back, but taking that route against a slain soldier's family? That is a lot of things and presidential is definitely not one of them.

he's pointing out her shit religion that makes her wear that garbage. i'm sure its trumps fault hillary voted for the war his son died in

584274324.jpg

Didnt Trump do the same thing with the mom of a soldier who died in Benghazi? But Hillary wasnt dumb enough to attack the mom of a dead soldier.
It's not the same thing. Trump had nothing to do with their son's death. Trump didn't lie about his death and he didn't minimise what happened either. This parents were handpicked for what exactly? What was the point? Their son was killed in Iraq, a war supported by Hillary! "if it was up to Trump my son would've never been in America" How's that even true? Their tragedy and pain were used to attack Trump for wanting to protect America from extremists. Their pain was also used to shame those who agree with Trump on this issue. In other words, let's ignore the Islamic threat because a patriot died in combat.

The interview came across less bad than the text, but the part about the mother was so incredibly stupid. Way to appeal to all the Muslims in our military and be thankful of their service.

But the Don is a master manipulator; he wants that Jerry Springer trash vote that's at his base.

yes, be very thankful for sleeper cells/manchurian candidates

The interview came across less bad than the text, but the part about the mother was so incredibly stupid. Way to appeal to all the Muslims in our military and be thankful of their service.

But the Don is a master manipulator; he wants that Jerry Springer trash vote that's at his base.

I mean, I hate to generalize, but I'm rather skeptical. Remember the Muslim Army Psychiatrist that became a 'radical' overnight in texas and killed like 50 people a couple years back?

Maybe it's projection, because Don is probably not going to let his own wife give any (more) speeches, either.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have just let it go, but this idea that every time Trump says something controversial it's going to hurt his support, is getting.old.

He made fun of John McCain for getting captured. John "'Merica!" McCain. If that didn't rattle Trump's support, a dig at Muslim certainly won't either.

This. I think liberals underestimate how much the average person doesn't give a shit about 1 muslim dying fighting Islamic fundamentalism. It's their fight. Sure it sucks this guy died, but maybe if the good Muslims were fighting the bad ones like they should, we wouldn't have to send our guys. It's just a tiny minority right ? Why doesn't the huge majority of good Muslims wipe these assholes out? Because deep down they like what they're doing.

This. I think liberals underestimate how much the average person doesn't give a shit about 1 muslim dying fighting Islamic fundamentalism. It's their fight. Sure it sucks this guy died, but maybe if the good Muslims were fighting the bad ones like they should, we wouldn't have to send our guys. It's just a tiny minority right ? Why doesn't the huge majority of good Muslims wipe these assholes out? Because deep down they like what they're doing.
No, its not because they like what they're doing. Some do, many more than liberals would like to admit. But even the vast majority of them, these silent supporters, are irrelevant. The Muslim world is not democratic or well organized. The levers of power are available only to a small few like the Gulf monarchs or military dictators like Assad and Sisi. So most Muslims aren't doing anything because they're poor and politically disenfranchised and a minority of the Muslim world, like the Sunni monarchs of the Gulf, see ISIS and its kind(Al Qaeda, Al Nusra etc) as useful pawns.

And btw the people who are fighting ISIS are Muslims. The Shiite militias in Iraq and Hezbollah from Lebanon are two of the most effective forces against them and Assad has various sects fighting under him(in fact I remember reading that his military has one of the highest ranking Christian of any of the regional Muslim majority countries) and of course Iran is behind all of them. And the Kurds are mostly Sunni Muslims.

Trump keeps making unforced errors like this when there was nothing to be gained by saying it and so much to lose. Is he incapable of self restraint or does he have to blurt out everything that crosses his mind?

Amazing how anyone in the military would vote Trump. He is a guy that makes fun of prisoners of war and insults grieving parents of dead soldiers. On the other hand you have a candidate willing to dodge sniper fire to visit war zones. Seems pretty clear Hillary is the choice for military

IMO he wants to win over young female voters. He already has the withe guy vote that cares about the family of a fallen soldier bit the most.
Calculated move to cater to those young females. Calling out the treatment of Muslim woman is definitely a good thing, not sure he used the right forum for it.
I don't think he was thinking that deep ; more likely he latched on to what he thought was a good comeback.

Was that khan dude a shia or ahmadyyia? I find it pretty suspect a religious sunni muslim fighting for the US. Maybe he was going to go allahu akbar on his fellow soldiers before dying, it has happened before.

Amazing how anyone in the military would vote Trump. He is a guy that makes fun of prisoners of war and insults grieving parents of dead soldiers. On the other hand you have a candidate willing to dodge sniper fire to visit war zones. Seems pretty clear Hillary is the choice for military
LOL, more like phantom sniper fire from Little girls greeting her with roses… She eiither thought that the video did not exist, or she has lost a lot of brain functionality after her accident she had a couple years ago.

So if someone launches a personal attack on you, you are not allowed to respond if their son is a dead soldier?

Plus if it wasn't for psychotic war mongers like Hilary Clinton then their son might still be alive. And if Hilary become POTUS then many more parents will be losing their children due to illegal and immoral military action, sancioned by the likes of Clinton and the globalists.

Back