International Trump tried to force Ukraine to investigate his top political rival (Impeachment Noises)

Should Trump be Impeached?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is it my understanding that in another of the innumerable comically ironic twists of this situation, right wingers are making up/quoting LITERAL fake news websites and sources to defend Trump, after spending the last few years complaining about far more legitimate and trustworthy news sources?

#shocked

(Tbf mainstream news is often shitty/ establishment leaning but far more trustworthy than Partisanhack.com/maga/totallynotfakenews)

Question for the Constitutionalists on this forum (@Jack V Savage, @waiguoren, @panamaican, other ???)

Is the POTUS required to participate in a Formal Impeachment Inquiry? Can he refuse to cooperate? Plead the 5th? Other?

We obviously saw CLinton participate.

Also, if Barr is named as not just a 'Witness' but also a "Subject" for potential referral of charges due to his ignoring of the law, can he still stay in place until that might be adjudicated in a court.

( FWIW, I am not asking if they can defy the law, as they have here or in the Taxes to Ways and Means instances, as we know they CAN defy the law. I am asking does the law or constitution allow it as written for them to just not participate.).

This is particularly noteworthy for Barr, because when the Congress refers an issue over for what they are citing as an action abusing the law, the charging body they send it to, to assess and carry it out is the DOJ. The DOJ is the Congress' enforcement arm. So if the Congress said "Corey Lewandowski, is guilty of obstruction of Congress, it would be the DOJ who would review and decide what, if any charges would be leveled and prosecuted.

That creates an obvious massive conflict if Barr is the one cited and his DOJ is the arm that has to investigate that and he won't recuse.

Timestamped...

It was ok THEN, but now....

th

So.... what happens if it turns out that Biden actually did do what he is being accused of? Doesn't that land him in hot water as well? Along with Obama, since I assume he would have known about it.

Well the President doesn't know what a hyphen is.

He also doesn't seem to know how an abbreviating apostrophe works. It denotes a colloquial shortening of a word (Lil', Ol')...it doesn't make an incorrect spelling right (discribe', pour', Donuld')

He also doesn't seem to know how an abbreviating apostrophe works. It denotes a colloquial shortening of a word (Lil', Ol')...it doesn't make an incorrect spelling right (discribe', pour', Donuld')
Commie'

This nothing burger is turning into a double nothing burger full of weak sauce but by all means ramp it up more, it’s free campaigning for Trump lol

yes you are lying. You are picking and choosing from a suite of excuses given which I already said exists.

Just because you can say 'i have this instance so therefore that is what it is' DOES NOT MEAN we have to ignore this that was sadi CLEARLY prior to that.

THEY ARE THROWING EXCUSES UP AGAINST THE WALL TO SEE WHAT STICKS. What gets the biggest response from Fox viewers as credible and the best defense from the talking heads on Fox.

Once they find that out, that will be the reason they stick with and repeat ad nauseum.

It may still be 'Europe and others were not paying their way. That is the reason.'

WTF are you on about? I posted the relevant parts of the phone call.

Oh and I watched half of your clip - it sounds like they would maybe have a case to impeach Rudy Giuliani. FFS, Rudy even says Trump didnt ask me to do this, "I did it on my own"

The White House is now throwing their lawyers under the bus saying
So.... what happens if it turns out that Biden actually did do what he is being accused of? Doesn't that land him in hot water as well? Along with Obama, since I assume he would have known about it.

Yes but the investigation is on Trump... If there was wrongdoing it should be investigated. Which is why Trump and not Obama or Biden is being investigated

Question for the Constitutionalists on this forum (@Jack V Savage, @waiguoren, @panamaican, other ???)

Is the POTUS required to participate in a Formal Impeachment Inquiry? Can he refuse to cooperate? Plead the 5th? Other?

We obviously saw CLinton participate.
There is no such requirement in the Constitution. He can refuse to cooperate.

Clinton was not subject to an impeachment inquiry, to my knowledge. We went right from the Independent Counsel investigation to impeachment proceedings. We don't even know if Pelosi will hold impeachment proceedings yet.

As you can tell by this thread he’s been impeached in a lot of posters minds since they screamed at the sky in 2016
'16? Well about the time he started claiming Obama tapped his wires anyway. {<shrug}

It was so cute to see the Democrats rush call for an "Impeach Inquiry" before ever having the transcripts. Then you realize they are going on a 2 week vacation and wanted this to be the last event in D.C. that the MSM focuses on for a while.

There's way too much damning the Left here and saving Trump.

(1) The "Whistle Blower" is working on 100% hearsay, and Mainstream Media reports.
(2) The President of the United States is not covered by "Whistle Blower" laws.
(3) The President of the United States has had his phone calls leaked or forced to be shared 3 times now. (The Deep State is not real!)
(4) The Ukrainian President involved has publicly come out and said there was nothing forced, and thanked the Trump Administration for their assistance with corruption.
(5) Hunter Biden's $ was wired from the Ukraine to Latvia to Cyprus, and then finally made it to his U.S. based account. $3 Million
(6) The Ukraine leadership wants to share information on how the Democratic Party used the country to help Hillary Clinton in the 2016 elections
(7) Joe Biden flew to Ukraine to threaten the nation to fire the prosecutor looking into his son. He threatened to withhold $1 BILLION
(8) Hunter Biden accompanied Joe Biden to China and then secured a $1.5 Billion deal
(9) The Vice President of the United States is required by law to disclose any actions that may be viewed as a conflict of interest. Joe did not in either case.
(10) Five Ukrainian prosecutors have been interviewed and their stories all match damning Biden and supporting Trump.

Just for fun, the "Whistle Blower" is an anti-Trump partisan who clearly had professional help on his complaint and hired a Soros funded law firm created to impeach and attack Trump.

Oh I'm fully on board with the appointment of a special counsel to investigate and prosecute the misuse of government funds, bribery, and racketeering that the Bidens were engaged in in Ukraine.

good then maybe they should do it: odd they haven’t though. Wanna guess why? See Hillary and emailz
that and oh, because it would be illegal to do so.

Ok let's explain this again for the daft.

EVEN ID BIDEN AND SON WERE GUILTY HERE THIS INVESTIGATION CANNOT BE BROUGHT THIS WAY! IT IS ILLEGAL TO DO SO.

Why?

A POTUS has at his disposal the entire history of US intelligence and files on probably every politician. It is entirely possible that at some point there may be noted problems or questions concerning all of them.

So the Framers in contemplating that, and seeing how a POTUS could abuse his office and point even to rightful things that should arguably be investigated CANNOT use that info to ask for investigations of his political rivals as they saw how that would benefit himself.

Trump could literally say "I want investigations opened on Biden, Warren and Bernie based on this information in these files' knowing that even if those investigations exonerated them, the political damage would be done as it was to Hilary in her investigation.

SO IT CANNOT BE DONE IT IS AGAINST THE LAW.

So all the people saying 'but, but Biden really looks dirty here', need to understand that does not matter, an investigation cannot begin this way.

Full Stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back