Trump tax cut in 7 charts

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
I'm pretty sure freedom of speech used to be a core principle of the left. Not to mention belief in science.
Lol that is your characterization of the of the situation, not reality . I'm sure you can find examples of some university students trying to shut dialogue ( which I agree is a problem ) but that's not the mainstream left .

Science ? Let's talk climate change.

I pay more in taxes than a hell of a lot of you earn in a year but by all means carry on. This is just another bleedy vagina thread where janitors complain about the 1% and how they would’ve invented Apple if it weren’t for republicans. You’re going to post the same thing and then launch into another randy marsh this isn’t America speech whenever someone says they’re doing fine under it. If this tax cut ruined your life you were a loser to begin with and will be one next year too. We do need a new thread for people with no understanding of economics to complain about something they didn’t read though

The janitors are actually benefiting. It's the middle class that's not, at least to any significant degree.

As opposed to keeping everyone's taxes higher and seeing no improvement for anyone?

Yes. Because that would have been the only alternative. :rolleyes:

Um, you're demanding the government confiscate more of your money under threat of imprisonment. Might want to read that post into a mirror.

In this analogy I would be demanding the government confiscate all the money the lords have extracted from the labor of the serfs and give it back to the serfs.

Not a great sign for a country when people complain about lower taxes and a great economy.

I'll ask you the same question I asked bobgeese in another thread. Should the government pay down its debt during expansions, contractions, or never?

I pay more in taxes than a hell of a lot of you earn in a year but by all means carry on. This is just another bleedy vagina thread where janitors complain about the 1% and how they would’ve invented Apple if it weren’t for republicans. You’re going to post the same thing and then launch into another randy marsh this isn’t America speech whenever someone says they’re doing fine under it. If this tax cut ruined your life you were a loser to begin with and will be one next year too. We do need a new thread for people with no understanding of economics to complain about something they didn’t read though

Lol

Lol that is your characterization of the of the situation, not reality . I'm sure you can find examples of some university students trying to shut dialogue ( which I agree is a problem ) but that's not the mainstream left .

And if we're talking about free speech on campus, note that most professors who are fired for their views are leftists and that the problem is getting much worse. Plus, you have a rising problem of right-wing media highlighting controversial leftist professors and then those professors getting flooded with death threats. And it's not just climate change. Going back to the thread topic, it's a mainstream position on the right that cutting taxes for the rich causes growth to soar (and it's still a mainstream right position that it causes growth to rise so much that the cuts are actually self-financing), which is as contradictory to data and theory as climate-science denial. Further, a plurality of Republican voters are creationists (believe that humans have always existed in their present form). And there are many, many more examples of that kind of magical thinking dominating on the right. No examples of mainstream left positions that are anti-science.

Just point me in the direction of the democrat candidate that is promising to lower spending. I'll vote for the lowest spender running if you will.

<{outtahere}>
The left will raise taxes to pay for their spending unlike Trump who cuts taxes and spend more.
I am not in favor of the lefts plan either.
The only policy I support is Single Payer for healthcare. The way you can pay for it, is with the taxes lower income get back. Instead of giant rebates take health care out of that.
I would also support limited increases in College Tuition for any colleges that get paid with government loans, same with drug prices.
Colleges and Pharma prices went up dramatically when they knew they were getting government money. Medicare Part D by Bush Jr. caused the biggest drug price increases.

Of course it's mainstream left. Nearly every left wing country and parts of this country have speech laws and arrest people for mean jokes and tweets.

And lol at climate change. "More taxes will fix the weather. Now check out this autistic teenager who can see co2 with the naked eye". Yeah, real scientific.

Last edited:
Of course it's mainstream left. Nearly every left wing country and parts of this country have speech laws and arrest people for mean jokes and tweets.

This is a fabrication. Has any American ever been arrested for a mean joke or a tweet that wasn't a threat or encouraging people to engage in illegal activity?

It's been repeatedly pointed out that low wage workers are seeing the biggest gains under Trump. For non-low wage workers though, things aren't much better than before the tax cut.

https://markets.businessinsider.com...s-not-economic-rocket-fuel-2019-12-1028780773

Given that the tax cut has not significantly benefited American workers, do you think it was worth it?

Depends. Do you believe in free money or not?

If deficits matter, that's going to be a no from me dawg.

If deficits don't matter, and you believe in free money, it doesn't really matter.

The janitors are actually benefiting.

If a worker gets a raise of 5 cents an hour is he "benefiting"? Technically, yes.

If he gets a raise of 6 cents an hour is he "benefiting" even more?
Technically, yes.

Does the 5 or 6 cent raise have any genuinely substantial consequences for his/her quality of life given the cost of living in the US in 2020?

No.

So let's take the focus off the technicalities.

Going back to the thread topic, it's a mainstream position on the right that cutting taxes for the rich causes growth to soar (and it's still a mainstream right position that it causes growth to rise so much that the cuts are actually self-financing), which is as contradictory to data and theory as climate-science denial

Who was the poster years ago (I think around 2011) who said Austrian economics provides a framework for predicting human behavior as accurate as what quantum mechanics can tell us about particles?

Depends. Do you believe in free money or not?

If deficits matter, that's going to be a no from me dawg.

If deficits don't matter, and you believe in free money, it doesn't really matter.

Define "free money".

Yes. Because that would have been the only alternative. :rolleyes:

In this analogy I would be demanding the government confiscate all the money the lords have extracted from the labor of the serfs and give it back to the serfs.
Oh is that what they do with it?

{<jordan}

Who was the poster years ago (I think around 2011) who said Austrian economics provides a framework for predicting human behavior as accurate as what quantum mechanics can tell us about particles?

Yikes. Don't recall seeing that, but that's every bit as anti-scientific as creationism or climate-change denialism (or numerous micro-issues, like people insisting that the video of Trump making fun of a reporter's disability doesn't show what it appears to or the absurd defenses of his attempt to extort Ukraine, etc.).

Yikes. Don't recall seeing that, but that's every bit as anti-scientific as creationism or climate-change denialism (or numerous micro-issues, like people insisting that the video of Trump making fun of a reporter's disability doesn't show what it appears to or the absurd defenses of his attempt to extort Ukraine, etc.).

I think the guy had gator in his name.

How 'bout you start at the differences between biological men and women, before you jump into the complexities of something such as climate change. Baby steps.

I think the guy had gator in his name.

Don't remember that. I remember a troll called MistoGators and USMCGators or something. Still around with a different name, I think (I ignore him), but I'm pretty sure he wasn't an Austrian and he didn't write like that.

Last edited:
How 'bout you start at the differences between biological men and women, before you jump into the complexities of something such as climate change. Baby steps.

:) You're seriously misunderstanding the discussion about how to treat transgendered people.

What someone wants to be called doesn't effect me in the least , climate change on the other hand ...

Back