Trump tax cut in 7 charts

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
For a supposedly rich guy, you’re pretty stupid. You need demand just like the rest of us capitalists.

Agreed, but if you look at spending (welfare) on the bottom 20% vs what they made (and spent) for 2018 you will notice the difference is almost negligible. Why even pay for the admin costs? just have the top 55% save the proportional share on their income tax (leave business tax contributions as is).

Im also not "rich" Just 6 figure income earner who does reach top brackets and largest yearly expenditure cost is taxation (more than all other expenditures combined)

This one was presented in a misleading way:

B6323973-C0-DA-4-E92-9-AA5-FBCA8-A302-B74.jpg

Not only did it not reverse the manufacturing decline, it reversed the modest gains of the previous few years.

Agreed, but if you look at spending (welfare) on the bottom 20% vs what they made (and spent) for 2018 you will notice the difference is almost negligible. Why even pay for the admin costs? just have the top 55% save the proportional share on their income tax (leave business tax contributions as is).

Im also not "rich" Just 6 figure income earner who does reach top brackets and largest yearly expenditure cost is taxation (more than all other expenditures combined)
Ok? So we agree. The utility of money in the hands of people who spend it all is obvious. We should support and try to improve, rather than shit all over, policy that promotes the well being of fellow consumers.

needs to cut taxes and government spending even further.

property tax shouldn't exist. also need to slash the shit out of government and return it to taking care of the most basic and essential services/roles it is required to do.

cut all foreign aid too.

Sounds like China

Ok? So we agree. The utility of money in the hands of people who spend it all is obvious. We should support and try to improve, rather than shit all over, policy that promotes the well being of fellow consumers.

No, because the amount we spend isnt greater than that of what they get -- if i give you 1500 a year to spend 1250 at my store, thats not a net win. It would be more advantageous just keep that money in the tax payers pocket. Cost money to administer.

flowers-welfare-reform-1.png

Last edited:
I put myself and my family first and make no bones about it. How much money do we throw at the poor communities already and see 0 result from it? Throwing money at these communities isn't going to fix anything and you know it.
I'll say it. No. I don't want any more tax money going to people who can't do shit for themselves. Lets start doing something for the poor fuck who gets up and goes to work everyday. Lets worry about the people who actually contribute a little bit more.

Thanks for the thoughtful post. I actually agree with you. I put my family first. I think pretty much everyone does. I’m not interested in throwing my money away, or anyone else’s for that matter. From where I’m standing, though, tax cuts for the extremely wealthy, and corporate tax breaks of the sort that enable huge corporations to pay zero in taxes year after year, are doing just that. I think we’d be far better served, from the national level down to the local level, if we invested in a healthcare system, in R&D on energy, in education and job training programs, etc. I don’t claim to have all the answers here, but it’s clear that giving to the rich doesn’t help anyone other than the rich.

Right Jackie, it's all about titles...and not the fact that men are now playing in women's sports, and children are going through hormone therapy to transition, because little Billy picked up a Barbie doll instead of a GI Joe, and their insane leftist parents decided he was a girl.

And you wonder why people call you a lying hack.

LOL! You're making the same mistake twice here. A scientific dispute is about what is true, and lying means saying something that you know is untrue. In this case, the discussion is about how to treat transgendered people. There's no scientific imperative to be assholes to them.

The problem with rejecting evolution, believing in magic tax cuts, and rejecting climate science, for example, is that people are making assertions that are objectively false. "Treat people the way they want to be treated as long as it isn't hurting anyone" isn't an objectively false statement.

Last edited:
Thanks for the thoughtful post. I actually agree with you. I put my family first. I think pretty much everyone does. I’m not interested in throwing my money away, or anyone else’s for that matter. From where I’m standing, though, tax cuts for the extremely wealthy, and corporate tax breaks of the sort that enable huge corporations to pay zero in taxes year after year, are doing just that. I think we’d be far better served, from the national level down to the local level, if we invested in a healthcare system, in R&D on energy, in education and job training programs, etc. I don’t claim to have all the answers here, but it’s clear that giving to the rich doesn’t help anyone other than the rich.
Its clear to me that throwing tax dollars at the poor does nothing but make them comfortable with their situation.
I believe that all we do for poor communities is insure their dependency and make sure they raise a new generation dependents. We don't really try to make their lives better or encourage any improvement. I can't see anything that makes me say "hey this is money well spent." Why would we want to throw more money at it? Its a slap in the face to the working man.

I've said it before, I don't really think the rich owe me anything because I'm not rich. If I could see someone with a plan that wasn't about that continuation of dependency, then maybe I would feel OK about taxing and spending on these communities. But is anyone really doing anything like that? Its not about getting the downtrodden to contribute, its about making them happy to get their vote and I can't support that. The rich are already taxed at a 35%-ish tax rate. What good has that money done?
I guess I'll be honest and say its no more effective than hoping the rich will do the right thing and put the worker and growth over profit.

And lets be real, we all know its not the rich who will foot the bill. Its going to be the middle class who gets hurt by it , as always, either by increased taxes or by losing our employment when corporations and manufacturing jump ship to India or China. We'll continue to get nothing and the hipster douchebags will laugh at us for appreciating a tiny tax break that puts a couple of bucks in our pocket as they eat their Doritos bought with their EBT cards in their sweet new Bernie T shirt while I wonder why I bother to get up and go to work everyday.

This is what a serf licking the boots of his Lord looks like, kids.

While I agree, there's also a real interesting notion of manhood and toughness in posts like this.

These people are so consumed with proving their toughness that they'd prefer the government stop providing all services if possible, that way they can REALLY show the world that they're independent and don't need anyone's help.

Social services are just handouts and it's below them to accept that. Why? Because they're super duper tough, remember?

It's like a pro wrestler's persona but in real life and applied to politics.

Back