• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinion Trump supporters, do you give credit to Biden for bringing troops home?

EXC: Joe Biden’s State Dept Halted A Trump-Era ‘Crisis Response’ Plan Aimed At Avoiding Benghazi-Style Evacuations Just MONTHS Before Taliban Takeover.

https://thenationalpulse.com/exclusive/bidens-state-dept-halted-trump-era-crisis-response-plan/
That's not research and you could barely call it reporting. The National Pulse is about the worst source out there, truly it is, and that article teaches us absolutely nothing outside of conjecture. That piece should be far, far away from settling anyones curiosity. Come one guys.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-national-pulse/

No, they don't line up. You're just trying to make them line up now, because you got busted.

All that aside though, you do realize that people have eyes and can read your posts, right? Whenever politics come up, there is nothing but disdain for right wingers and conservative politicians from you. But you voted for Trump...

Sure, bud.

I've already won the argument. Nobody believes that you wouldn't be all over Trump with all the other Liberal drones, for how this withdrawal went down.

Now, I'm just having some fun pointing out your rampant dishonesty on all things politics.

I cringed when I read "I've already won the argument."

You came in here with a strawman and nothing would change your mind. It's no different from someone believing in God and no amount of convincing would ever change them. You came to a conclusion first and will stick by it. That's a dishonest way to communicate with people.

Again, I don't even know why you are having this discussion. You made the TDS megathread and never once criticized Trump over anything and then accuse me of being the partisan one.

That's not research and you could barely call it reporting. The National Pulse is about the worst source out there, truly it is, and that article teaches us absolutely nothing outside of conjecture. That piece should be far, far away from settling anyones curiosity. Come one guys.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-national-pulse/
guaranteed that article is 100 times more accurate than the bs fact checking site you posted

I can't believe anyone still looks at that crap

Huh? Biden knew about the agreed upon May 1, 2021 pullout for over a year. Had just under 6 months to plan for it after the election. Heck, even if he just started this "plan" in January or early February he could've done it much more efficiently.

You could make a similar critique of Trump, couldn't you?

If Trump brokered a deal in Feb 2020, and was in office until mid-Jan 2021, which is only 3.5 months from his May 1 pullout date, then shouldn't the wheels have *long* been in motion to get people, equipment, etc. out? Trump apparently wanted out even earlier:

"So intense was Trump's intention to withdraw that he persisted even after the 2020 election. According to a report published by Axios in May, Trump signed a memo in November that would have withdrawn all U.S. troops by mid-January (just five days before his term was to end). His top national security team, civilian and military, persuaded him not to issue the order but to leave the withdrawal date at May 1.

Trump has since said none of the current mayhem in Kabul would be happening if he were still president. Researchers will need to ascertain how many exit visas for Afghans had already been arranged before Trump left office, or what sort of procedures he might have had in place for Americans and Afghans wishing to leave. But lacking such evidence, and given Trump's timetable and concessions made to the Taliban, it is easier to imagine the current situation happening that much sooner.

Trump in fact had complained at his June 26 rally in Ohio that the Biden administration was dragging its feet and ought to get out faster."

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/18/1028...deed-the-trump-biden-consensus-on-afghanistan

Are we really going to pretend that everything would have been smooth sailing under Trump? That there would have been an orderly withdrawal, everyone and everything that needed to get out would have been done in time, etc?

My point is that it seems pointless to make this about Trump vs. Biden and more likely a case of 'this is a fucking shit show' no matter who was calling the shots from the very top. I don't think any withdrawal was going to be 'smooth'.

You could make a similar critique of Trump, couldn't you?

Sure . . . if Trump was actually involved with this eventual removal of troops and US personnel.

If Trump brokered a deal in Feb 2020, and was in office until mid-Jan 2021, which is only 3.5 months from his May 1 pullout date, then shouldn't the wheels have *long* been in motion to get people, equipment, etc. out? Trump apparently wanted out even earlier:

"So intense was Trump's intention to withdraw that he persisted even after the 2020 election. According to a report published by Axios in May, Trump signed a memo in November that would have withdrawn all U.S. troops by mid-January (just five days before his term was to end). His top national security team, civilian and military, persuaded him not to issue the order but to leave the withdrawal date at May 1.

Trump has since said none of the current mayhem in Kabul would be happening if he were still president. Researchers will need to ascertain how many exit visas for Afghans had already been arranged before Trump left office, or what sort of procedures he might have had in place for Americans and Afghans wishing to leave. But lacking such evidence, and given Trump's timetable and concessions made to the Taliban, it is easier to imagine the current situation happening that much sooner.

Trump in fact had complained at his June 26 rally in Ohio that the Biden administration was dragging its feet and ought to get out faster."

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/18/1028...deed-the-trump-biden-consensus-on-afghanistan

Are we really going to pretend that everything would have been smooth sailing under Trump? That there would have been an orderly withdrawal, everyone and everything that needed to get out would have been done in time, etc?

I'm not pretending it would've gone better under Trump at all.

My point is that it seems pointless to make this about Trump vs. Biden and more likely a case of 'this is a fucking shit show' no matter who was calling the shots from the very top. I don't think any withdrawal was going to be 'smooth'.

Seems pointless but you seem to do so in this response?

Regardless, I agree that this long overdue withdrawal would've very likely taken much longer than expected and had to deal with numerous issues regardless of who was POTUS.

Reactions: MRT
Credit? The retard isn’t even functioning. He said on camera a month ago that if we pulled out nothing would happen. Now his brainwashed cultists start threads congratulating him on the worst pull out game since Tonni’s dad…

Both the "Biden is a puppet" and the "MSM leans left/Democratic" narratives should be regarded as definitively disproved

Too funny.

Maybe Brendan Schaub will let you open for him next time he does a comedy show.

Imagine actually thinking this, wow.

To evacuate Americans, if he dares do anything aggressive I'll be the first to call it out but so far it does seem like there are good intentions behind the move.

They should've already been evacuated weeks ago . . . .

Huh? Are you suggesting any blunder made by the military is the presidents fault?

He's the freaking Commander in Chief. He picked the Joint Chiefs. If they were responsible for this decision and screwed it up he's definitely partly to blame.

Biden gets 100% credit for pulling our troops and not warning our Afghan, British, and French allies leaving our American people and all of their people behind enemy lines and at the mercy of the Taliban. But, hey... the Taliban are "different" now. They want to be part of the world community. They will be really cooperative.

Biden gets all the credit!

In other news, China is ecstatic right now as they are working with the Taliban to begin mining $2 Trillion worth of rare Earth Metals like Lithium.

Huh? Are you suggesting any blunder made by the military is the presidents fault?

You don't seem to know how this works. A disaster of this magnitude is 100% on the President. They didn't even warn our allies with a phone call. The Afghans, British, and French are all pissed. We may no longer have allies, because.... we are not allies. Allies don't do that to their partners.

Biden gets 100% credit for pulling our troops and not warning our Afghan, British, and French allies leaving our American people and all of their people behind enemy lines and at the mercy of the Taliban. But, hey... the Taliban are "different" now. They want to be part of the world community. They will be really cooperative.

Biden gets all the credit!

In other news, China is ecstatic right now as they are working with the Taliban to begin mining $2 Trillion worth of rare Earth Metals like Lithium.

I saw this the other day, people sitting on the outside of the plane as it seemed to be taking off. I would assume they all died?

What kind of disorganized cluster fuck would allow that to happen?

Perhaps the video is misleading?

You don't seem to know how this works. A disaster of this magnitude is 100% on the President. They didn't even warn our allies with a phone call. The Afghans, British, and French are all pissed. We may no longer have allies, because.... we are not allies. Allies don't do that to their partners.

I mean . . . didn't he say the ultimate decision/fault lies with him the other day? Or something very similar?

I saw this the other day, people sitting on the outside of the plane as it seemed to be taking off. I would assume they all died?

What kind of disorganized cluster fuck would allow that to happen?

Perhaps the video is misleading?

The Democrats running the Biden Administration did this. Not everything the Orange Man did was bad.

https://freebeacon.com/biden-admini...onths-before-taliban-takeover-of-afghanistan/

Internal memo says Biden officials canceled Trump-era emergency operations bureau

The Biden State Department moved in June to cancel a program overseeing the protection and evacuation of American citizens stationed overseas in the case of an emergency, just as the Taliban was taking over Afghanistan, according to an internal State Department memo obtained by the Washington Free Beacon and multiple sources familiar with the matter.

The Biden State Department moved to dissolve the Trump-era crisis response program, according to an internal State Department memo and sources familiar with the matter. That memo, which was marked sensitive but unclassified and was signed by Deputy Secretary Brian McKeon, approved the "discontinuation of the establishment, and termination of, the Contingency and Crisis Response Bureau (CCR)," a new State Department entity created during the Trump administration to coordinate emergency response services overseas.

We thought the Orange Man was bad? Welcome to worse.... much much worse.

The Democrats running the Biden Administration did this. Not everything the Orange Man did was bad.

https://freebeacon.com/biden-admini...onths-before-taliban-takeover-of-afghanistan/

Internal memo says Biden officials canceled Trump-era emergency operations bureau

The Biden State Department moved in June to cancel a program overseeing the protection and evacuation of American citizens stationed overseas in the case of an emergency, just as the Taliban was taking over Afghanistan, according to an internal State Department memo obtained by the Washington Free Beacon and multiple sources familiar with the matter.

The Biden State Department moved to dissolve the Trump-era crisis response program, according to an internal State Department memo and sources familiar with the matter. That memo, which was marked sensitive but unclassified and was signed by Deputy Secretary Brian McKeon, approved the "discontinuation of the establishment, and termination of, the Contingency and Crisis Response Bureau (CCR)," a new State Department entity created during the Trump administration to coordinate emergency response services overseas.

We thought the Orange Man was bad? Welcome to worse.... much much worse.

lol. Do you read the Free Beacon on a regular basis? Their landing page is like crack for Oathkeepers.

Back