Elections Trump says Elon Musk has agreed to lead proposed government efficiency commission as ex-president unveils new economic plans

Sure. They don’t though.

I’m talking about, as an organization, the federal government isn’t efficient. In those instances, wide scale layoffs help organizations. They don’t do that now and we haven’t had anything wide scale in 30 years.

Or you could be wrong. Which you are.
Here's the thing. I actually agree with you that there are a lot of lazy workers and a lot of unnecessary people who's job in the government is nothing more than making it hard for others to get work done.

What I can tell you is a bad idea is putting Elon in charge of some sort of Inquisition to root them out. Look at the way he handled the twitter takeover. It was just completely reckless. Hard ass talk that ended up with him doing a bunch of damage to his new company.

I would also say with like 99% certainty that any agencies that regulate his businesses are going to be first in his crosshairs. This is what Trumps cabinet in his first presidency is known for. He appointed people with self interest in those sectors and it had some (predictably) disastrous result.

I'd worry a department like this one being created would further impact their funding which would be awful
Use of national parks hasn't gone down at all, but we sure have cut back on their funding as if they were

Here's the thing. I actually agree with you that there are a lot of lazy workers and a lot of unnecessary people who's job in the government is nothing more than making it hard for others to get work done.

What I can tell you is a bad idea is putting Elon in charge of some sort of Inquisition to root them out. Look at the way he handled the twitter takeover. It was just completely reckless. Hard ass talk that ended up with him doing a bunch of damage to his new company.

I would also say with like 99% certainty that any agencies that regulate his businesses are going to be first in his crosshairs. This is what Trumps cabinet in his first presidency is known for. He appointed people with self interest in those sectors and it had some (predictably) disastrous result.
I’m 100% on board with him not being involved.

Someone like him would be great to liaise with, but not him.

Gonna leave both threads open on my computer to read later. Appreciate it, bud.

I’m so so on NASA funding increasing by multiples though.

SpaceX has so revolutionized the field idk if it’s best to put money there.

Gonna leave both threads open on my computer to read later. Appreciate it, bud.

I genuinely believe the national park system is the greatest fucking thing about this country, straight-up. I mean, second only to the Constitution itself. It's a distinctly OG American idea, and the country possesses several of the most extraordinary and unique natural wonders on the planet. The beauty and diversity of American landscapes are pretty much unparalleled. No other nation has three distinct highland mountain regions, and that doesn't even include the Appalachian range; that's to say nothing of the splendor and multitude of parks born from the Colorado Plateau, nor an ecosystem as wildly unique as the Everglades, or Mammoth Cave which is by far the longest and most extensive known on Earth. In addition to that, the system doesn't only include the natural sites, but everything from Independence Hall, Lincoln Memorial, and Washington Monument to the Statue of Liberty and Mount Rushmore. It constitutes the bulk of our national treasures and a core part of the country's very identity itself.

It is worth fighting for, and it has been calling.

I genuinely believe the national park system is the greatest fucking thing about this country, straight-up. I mean, second only to the Constitution itself. It's a distinctly OG American idea, and the country possesses several of the most extraordinary and unique natural wonders on the planet. The beauty and diversity of American landscapes are pretty much unparalleled. No other nation has three distinct highland mountain regions, and that doesn't even include the Appalachian range; that's to say nothing of the splendor and multitude of parks born from the Colorado Plateau, nor an ecosystem as wildly unique as the Everglades, or Mammoth Cave which is by far the longest and most extensive known on Earth. In addition to that, the system doesn't only include the natural sites, but everything from Independence Hall, Lincoln Memorial, and Washington Monument to the Statue of Liberty and Mount Rushmore. It constitutes the bulk of our national treasures and a core part of the country's very identity itself.

It is worth fighting for, and it has been calling.
God damn this post has me hyped as fuck right now. American as fuck. I just visited the red wood national forest last month. America is filled to the brim with natural beauty and every penny spent preserving it is worth it.

🎵 And I'm proud to be an American 🎵

I didn't say that though, that could very well be true but I just don't think you've done a good job arguing your case.
I think a key question is whether the new department would add more inefficiency than it reduces.

Generally, that's the issue with trying to attack waste, in addition to the fact that a gov't has different goals than a private company (for example, the decrease in gov't jobs after the GFC was a drag on the recovery, and we'd have been better served as a nation if it didn't happen--that said, now would be the right time to trim, though if you genuinely believe the economy is bad, you'd disagree with that).

God damn this post has me hyped as fuck right now. American as fuck. I just visited the red wood national forest last month. America is filled to the brim with natural beauty and every penny spent preserving it is worth it.

🎵 And I'm proud to be an American 🎵

I made a generalized thread for that too, back on the 4th.

I think a key question is whether the new department would add more inefficiency than it reduces.

Generally, that's the issue with trying to attack waste, in addition to the fact that a gov't has different goals than a private company (for example, the decrease in gov't jobs after the GFC was a drag on the recovery, and we'd have been better served as a nation if it didn't happen--that said, now would be the right time to trim, though if you genuinely believe the economy is bad, you'd disagree with that).
That's my issue with this as well. Does this actually improve efficiency or not? I'm not convinced it does.

I'd worry a department like this one being created would further impact their funding which would be awful
Use of national parks hasn't gone down at all, but we sure have cut back on their funding as if they were
I think the fundamental issue is that people who take political bullshit seriously have a really distorted idea about what can be achieved with cuts, and the cost of them. Politicians promise to make big cuts that will have no negative impact, and then if they actually try to enact that, they find that the safest way to make that happen is the parks.

the informal one that's been getting government money for decades, part of the military industrial complex. surprised you don't know this. even some children do.
so then that makes all of Elon's ventures part of the military industrial complex and government too then. Sounds like a gross conflict of interest.

Are you don't with this ridiculous charade of pretending Starliner is an example of government inefficiency?

so then that makes all of Elon's ventures part of the military industrial complex and government too then. Sounds like a gross conflict of interest.
not yet it doesn't. but we can hope.
Are you don't with this ridiculous charade of pretending Starliner is an example of government inefficiency?
it is. it's the government endlessly cycling through MIC contracts for decades, which is the essence of fostering inefficiency.

not yet it doesn't. but we can hope.
How are Elon's subsidized ventures not part of the government if Boeing is?
it is. it's the government endlessly cycling through MIC contracts for decades, which is the essence of fostering inefficiency.
There's plenty of inefficiency to dislike in military contractors. But the fact of the matter is the only way to get more competition is breaking up companies, even though the US' defense industry isn't mroe concentrated or inefficient then any other great powers.

You realize most of the big defense contracts are open to any company right?

Back