Trump rolls back Michelle Obama lunch program on her birthday...

My only issue I ever had with Michelle was the lunch program.

As a Personal Trainer and a competitor on the verge of getting his pro card, I always felt her lunch program forgot about student athletes. Meaning they were denied the proper caloric requirements to perform at their best come practice time.

It's gotten so bad that I had to start sending my kids to school with prep meals.

I use to get full off lunch, these damn devils come home fucking starving!

I don't see what's so difficult about the thought that people with special nutritional requirements should simply bring something to supplement what the school provides or pack their own lunch. The regular school option should be what works for the majority of the students to keep them from starving through the day. It's not the school's goal to properly supplement every individual student on a case by case basis. If you need those extra calories, then pack a protein shake in you backpack.

There's zero reason why schools should be serving up junk food. That might be the only place they have an opportunity to see what a balanced meal should look like if their parents are feeding them junk. I really don't see why this is even an argument.

The goal was to reprogram their brains

You admit this, yet wonder why parents object to this notion.

It isn't the school's job to reprogram personal preferences.

I'm curious, have you ever read the book "1984" by George Orwell? If you did, did you view that story as a cautionary tale, or did you view the society presented in 1984 as being somehow noble and worthy of striving towards?

You admit this, yet wonder why parents object to this notion.

It isn't the school's job to reprogram personal preferences.

I'm curious, have you ever read the book "1984" by George Orwell? If you did, did you view that story as a cautionary tale, or did you view the society presented in 1984 as being somehow noble and worthy of striving towards?
The government subsidizing sugar, corn and meat production to make it a cheaper ingredient for highly addictive calorie dense foods that are low in nutrients is a way of also reprogramming kids brains. There is an illusion of choice when the only foods poor people can afford are low in essential vitamins and minerals. Now that kids are hooked on sugar and fat, there needs to be some good ol' nudging to steer them in the right direction.

No, it's because liberals have pushed nonsense like "body positivity" and "fat acceptance" and convinced themselves that being a disgusting mess is "beautiful" and should be celebrated.

I don't know about the "fat acceptance" reasoning, but in general, parents have become extremely soft on disciplining their children in the last 20-25 years.

Americans are the only nation's population on earth complaining that a school lunch program reform in which increasing fruits and vegetables was a bad idea.

America is known as being one of the fattest and unhealthiest populations in the world. Kids are used to eating junk as part of their every day diet. Of course their addicted asses are going to throw out fruits and vegetables. The goal was to reprogram their brains into enjoying a salad here and there.
Pleasf take note, the only people opposing these changes are conservatives

Back