Trump Jokes about Congressman Assaulting Reporter

TDS isn't made up. I am replying to exhibit B.
And only bow-legged queers call another man "daddy", so there's that.
The fact is: the outrage being expressed ITT is fake and nobody is buying it. It's just more, wait for it, TDS.
You can call it being an oversensitive little baby, or you can simply call it mental illness, but it's clearly a real thing.
Aren't you one of those that, no matter what the thread subject, whimpers about Trump? Yeah, you are, I do believe I even told you to get help over it.
Before you start talking shit about thinking for yourself, take a good hard look in the mirror.

It is fucking amazing to me that you, in defense of Donald Trump, are calling other people oversensitive babies. The irony and lack of awareness should stagger me, but alas.

You are the one supporting a populist, who conditions you guys to repeat slogans to no end, en masse. It lies well beyond your right or power to enjoin others to self reflect.

Fuck all of you dualistic cunts who believe in your side. Fuck your groups, your slogans and the men you watch on podiums and put faith in. You are the victim of a cult of personality. Your daddy is a mere boor's Kennedy.

This is ridiculous.
Claiming the media (we all know what the media is a reference to, BTW, it's televised media, so stop trying to skew the numbers by invoking radio) isn't left leaning is one of the stupidest claims out there. You'd have to be blind and deaf to think that.

The right has Fox, and they're not even hard right, more globo-neo-con, really.The left has CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, NYT, WaPO, and basically every single news org (there may be a few that are right leaning like the WSJ).
I can name like three or four radio personalities that are right, so, even that is a huge reach.
Get your head outta your ass.

I get it, I hurt your feelings and now you a desperate for my attention. You are insane if you don't think that the right hasnt dominated the radio for years. The rest of your post has been addressed. Maybe you don't like what I said, how about you cry some more for me.

They didn't have to excuse anything. They don't give a shit, and I'd wager most people don't actually give a shit either. He got in scuffle with a reporter, got punished for it, and the way it was described was comical. He didn't beat the shit of him, or stab him, or anything. Its just a funny story to most. Not a traumatic, disturbing assault on the very foundation of the country, like Liberal reporters will try to sell it as. Few are treating it so seriously, and if they are, there is likely a hint of dishonesty to it, and trying to make it a bigger deal than it actually is for political reasons.

Seriously, be honest, you don't really care. I don't care. Nobody cares except the reporter who broke his glasses, and the politician who made an ass of himself. Some reporter got in the dude's face at a bad moment, and he got shoved to the ground. Nobody is losing sleep over it, or struggling over their vote about it.
The dishonesty is coming from the group calling other people snowflakes for being too easily offended and then excusing this guy for a violent attack on a reporter over a question he didn't like. And just because Trump supporters have already turned a bind eye to worse does not make that other asshole's behaviour any less ridiculous or disqualifying.

I give you more credit than to fall for such an obvious logical error so I wonder what you're up to here. The attack on the reporter is only no big deal to people in comparison with the insanity that is the Trump presidency. To anyone with any sense left, someone who physically attacks people he disagrees with (or their proxies) should not be permitted to hold elected office, yet he was re-elected and continues to serve. So, whether or not you think anybody cares, don't you think they should?
images

Good to see Republicans openly supporting violent criminals. Too bad the reporter wasnt armed.

Good to see Republicans openly supporting violent criminals. Too bad the reporter wasnt armed.
Yeah, really. If the reporter retrieved a gun from a holster and popped the politician in the head, would it all still be no big deal and totally fine?

I think being flippant / gleeful on one and outrage on the other shows a partisan bias. One that i admit if the roles were reverse, conservatives on this board would also cheer. Whether its debris or questions, violence should be condemned would be the common denominator
That doesn't follow from "im sure the same people outraged by this were equally outraged when rand paul was attacked by a neighbor", which suggests there is an equivalency in the seriousness of the 2 altercations, and that's patently false. One is over a personal issue, the other is an assault on a member of the free press (in the course of fulfilling its mandate), the definition of which is so important as to be enshrined in the constitution.

Maybe one day @RR will spill the beans about the staff-supported trolling infrastructure here. That would be interesting.

This place like any is all about who you know and how cool you are. If you're like me, you can get away with anything in any sub forum. Hell, you will be rewarded even.

That doesn't follow from "im sure the same people outraged by this were equally outraged when rand paul was attacked by a neighbor", which suggests there is an equivalency in the seriousness of the 2 altercations, and that's patently false. One is over a personal issue, the other is an assault on a member of the free press (in the course of fulfilling its mandate), the definition of which is so important as to be enshrined in the constitution.

The commonality is violence based on benign catalyst and forgiving or chastising based on partisanship. The variable of press vs neighbor is not as damming as violence over minor causes.

But, if I had to wager, I would say you were not this upset over the Shawinigan Handshake incident

This place like any is all about who you know and how cool you are. If you're like me, you can get away with anything in any sub forum. Hell, you will be rewarded even.
Either I'm somehow even more incredibly awesome and cool than I thought, or this is just straight up bs because if it were true, I have no doubt I'd be banned by now.

The commonality is violence based on benign catalyst and forgiving or chastising based on partisanship. The variable of press vs neighbor is not as damming as violence over minor causes.

But, if I had to wager, I would say you were not this upset over the Shawinigan Handshake incident
Again with the false equivalency. Just stop. The guy who attacked Rand Paul wasn't running for office. Stop trying to remove that from the equation.

Again with the false equivalency. Just stop. The guy who attacked Rand Paul wasn't running for office. Stop trying to remove that from the equation.

Its not a false equivalency, I'm focusing on the violence aspect and condemning flippancy based on party allegiance, which this story heavily involves. If you want to focus on press vs non press so be it, but I choose to focus on cheering violence when its against the party you don't like it, and rallying against it when the other party does it.

Its not a false equivalency, I'm focusing on the violence aspect and condemning flippancy based on party allegiance, which this story heavily involves. If you want to focus on press vs non press so be it, but I choose to focus on cheering violence when its against the party you don't like it, and rallying against it when the other party does it.
The seriousness of the violence aspect is heavily influenced by the context, though, isn't it? There's a huge difference depending upon who is doing the attacking and who is the victim, isn't there? Child against an adult vs an adult against a child, or a private citizen against another private citizen vs a guy running for re-election against a member of the press, etc. You can choose to focus on whatever you want, but if you want to have an honest discussion, focus on being honest.

The seriousness of the violence aspect is heavily influenced by the context, though, isn't it? There's a huge difference depending upon who is doing the attacking and whom is the victim, isn't there? Child against an adult vs an adult against a child, or a private citizen against another private citizen vs a guy running for re-election against a member of the press, etc. You can choose to focus on whatever you want, but if you want to have an honest discussion, focus on being honest.

I am being honest, the crux is here isnt the against whom, its flippancy if your party does it and rage if the other party does it and the variables surrounding it. I think its wrong that conservatives are OK with this story and I think its wrong when liberals were OK with rand getting attack because he is a Republican.

I am being honest, the crux is here isnt the against whom, its flippancy if your party does it and rage if the other party does it and the variables surrounding it. I think its wrong that conservatives are OK with this story and I think its wrong when liberals were OK with rand getting attack because he is a Republican.
We're going around in circles. Attacking a reporter when you're an elected official running for re-election is on a whole other level than Rand Paul pissing off his neighbour and paying the price.

We're going around in circles. Attacking a reporter when you're an elected official running for re-election is on a whole other level than Rand Paul pissing off his neighbour and paying the price.

Sure.

My point is taking a moral or perfunctory stance on based on partisanship is something that is rampant on this.

Much like that Shawinigan Handshake incident

He was specifically talking about Greg Gianforte. He is a Republican Congressman who literally body slammed a reported. He pleaded guilty.

The reporter says Gianforte "body slammed" him. This is a "body slam":

iu

I'm going to have to say it's very unlikely that Gianforte did that.

However, Gianforte seems like a dickhead with a mean temper. Trump's overall treatment of Gianforte at the Montana rally was despicable.

So, whether or not you think anybody cares, don't you think they should?

Yes and no. I don't think one instance of losing one's cool should define a person's ultimate character. Depending on the level, of course, but I don't think one little minor scuffle is worth denouncing someone over. Shit happens.

Yes and no. I don't think one instance of losing one's cool should define a person's ultimate character. Depending on the level, of course, but I don't think one little minor scuffle is worth denouncing someone over. Shit happens.
Sigh. OK agree to disagree. You're talking in generalities. I'm talking about this specific incident. And this incident deserved a far stronger response from the public and from the POTUS.

Back