Elections Trump fails the court route,step 2..legislative strongarm

funcrusher2007

champion sound bwoy
@Brown
Reaction score
WASHINGTON/DETROIT (Reuters) - With legal efforts to overturn his loss in the U.S. presidential election flailing, President Donald Trump’s campaign is trying to persuade Republican state legislators to intervene in battleground states won by Democratic rival Joe Biden.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...recount-lawsuit-efforts-founder-idUSKBN27Z0GN
Welp, we knew this was coming...well most of us did.
Trump has failed bigly on every single lawsuit he’s brought forth..great accusations need great evidence and trump/Giuliani were pissing in the wind on this mission. the minor wins he got are so inconsequential that I can only surmise that they were brought forward so Giuliani could grift a little more cheddar (different topic for different time).

but alas, the orange man has gone to step two, trying to use the state legislatures to override the people’s votes. Now, just like failed lawsuits, it is legal for Some of the legislature of a certain states to override the will of the people. But the supreme court recently had something to say about those treasonous fucks..

“The Constitution’s text and the nation’s history both support allowing a state to enforce an elector’s pledge to support his party’s nominee – and the state voters’ choice – for president," Associate Justice Elena Kagan wrote in an opinion.

And...
“The Supreme Court made it clear that the elector is not there to vote his or her conscience. The elector is there to vote how the state dictates," said Erwin Chemerinsky, dean of the University of California-Berkeley Law School. "Most states now forbid faithless electors."

but what about the states in contention?

https://infogram.com/states-laws-binding-electors-1g9vp1ywyrxlp4y
States where Failure to vote as pledged cancels the vote and replaces the elector:
Arizona ,Nevada, Michigan,Wisconsin,Minnesota.
So essentially he’s fucked there.
That leaves him with Georgia and Pennsylvania who have no law pertaining to faithless electorate at all.
So let’s say ole Cheeto gets those two (which he has astronomical odds of achieving that)..he would pick up 36 votes putting him at 268 and Biden at 270.

the dumb fuck would lose regardless...so we ask, why do all this in the first place then if he knows these were losing missions?

1) the grift, keep pumping those “fight for Maga” donations in but don’t read the fine print that says he can pocket all the donations under 8000k. It’s one last cash grab from an overly enthusiastic group of zealots who prey (literally) that god emperor trump remains king.

2) discord, gotta keep them riled up to achieve 1).

3) future endeavors, who the hell cares about a loser? one who lost by 6,000,000 votes on a first term and saw five states flip away from him and oversaw the death of a quarter million Americans with a recession to tow. He needs the narrative to be “they cheated, that’s the only way they won” for his schtick to work. He’s marketed himself as the Uber winner...so wether he launches a 2024 bid, tv network with no money (broke and in debt. and ain’t no one giving him a loan in America at least) he needs that shtick, without it he has no reputation and no identity.”He needs a win”

4) desperate men do desperate things..ahh karma is a bitch and she bites. Trump s walking out of the Oval Office straight into court. Sure Biden doesn’t want to muddy up His suit with executive partisan revenge, but state charges, independent investigations, ethics committees, a potentially left senate if Georgia runoffs work in favor, can all but guarantee trump and his offspring as well as cabinet accomplices will have a hard next decade that could lead to hard time..remember Nixon,he got pardoned but:
  • 40 government officials indicted or jailed
  • H.R. Haldeman and John Erlichman (White House staff), resigned 30 April 1973, subsequently jailed
  • John Dean (White House legal counsel), sacked 30 April 1973, subsequently jailed
  • John Mitchell, Attorney-General and Chairman of the Committee to Re-elect the President (CREEP), jailed
  • Howard Hunt and G. Gordon Liddy (ex-White House staff), planned the Watergate break-in, both jailed
  • Charles Colson, special counsel to the President, jailed
  • James McCord (Security Director of CREEP), jailed.

• There is a damn good chance some fish will fry.

so in conclusion. This guy has literally upended our democracy, attacked it’s very foundation with an assault against the will of the people all for the same thing he’s always nosedived for..the buck. From day one I expected no less because I like most actually knew his history and knew he’d do exactly this.
what I didn’t expect is the support from the right while doing it. Surely these god driven, American living, freedom fighting patriots would never stand for this shit right? Oh fuck was I wrong..they have become enablers and accomplices in one of the largest attack on our democracy in the history of America (aside from the civil war).

My message to them:
go outside and Take the American flag off your porch, take the American flag sticker off your 4x4..don’t put your right hand over your heart while pledging allegiance to America..stop screaming that’d you die for our freedom.
You have lost that identity, you deserve none of what America offers because you spit in the face of what America stands for. Commie

The enemy of democracy will be holding a cross and be wrapped in the American flag.

Nu uh. The Trump court battles haven’t even started yet? All those other cases thrown out or withdrawn? Those were just like, people who like trump so much trying to overturn election results on their own. Not people from the Trump campaign.

Rudy told me so.

Yeah of all the things they should do, this ain't one

Nu uh. The Trump court battles haven’t even started yet? All those other cases thrown out or withdrawn? Those were just like, people who like trump so much trying to overturn election results on their own. Not people from the Trump campaign.

Rudy told me so.
Today’s presser was something else, Valenzuela..podesta...they have gone full retard now.

Trump is smoking covfefe and his sycophants and cult are smoking copium. They're shot. Rudy is melting down during press conferences. This is all such a sad episode.

It won't be over until Trump and every member of his family are behind bars and his sycophantic fanatics are under permanent surveillance.

Don't become complacent. The fight has only begun.
“A senior Trump campaign official told Reuters the plan was to cast enough doubt on the results in crucial states to persuade Republican legislators to step in and appoint their own slates of electors.”
If that doesn’t piss people off then America is not for them.

Today’s presser was something else, Valenzuela..podesta...they have gone full retard now.

My boss came into my officer, literally clapping happy, to announce that they had all the evidence and Biden was going to be charged with treason Trump declared winner of the election

So the show is working on some of his faithful idiots

Yeah I only briefly caught that part - were they trying to blame Chavez for changing votes? Do they know that dude died years ago?

My boss came into my officer, literally clapping happy, to announce that they had all the evidence and Biden was going to be charged with treason Trump declared winner of the election

So the show is working on some of his faithful idiots
Yeah, I have had a couple of those awkward conversation myself.. I have to play along a bit before I hit them with the google search...always ends with..”that’s fake news” lol

WASHINGTON/DETROIT (Reuters) - With legal efforts to overturn his loss in the U.S. presidential election flailing, President Donald Trump’s campaign is trying to persuade Republican state legislators to intervene in battleground states won by Democratic rival Joe Biden.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...recount-lawsuit-efforts-founder-idUSKBN27Z0GN
Welp, we knew this was coming...well most of us did.
Trump has failed bigly on every single lawsuit he’s brought forth..great accusations need great evidence and trump/Giuliani were pissing in the wind on this mission. the minor wins he got are so inconsequential that I can only surmise that they were brought forward so Giuliani could grift a little more cheddar (different topic for different time).

but alas, the orange man has gone to step two, trying to use the state legislatures to override the people’s votes. Now, just like failed lawsuits, it is legal for Some of the legislature of a certain states to override the will of the people. But the supreme court recently had something to say about those treasonous fucks..

“The Constitution’s text and the nation’s history both support allowing a state to enforce an elector’s pledge to support his party’s nominee – and the state voters’ choice – for president," Associate Justice Elena Kagan wrote in an opinion.

And...
“The Supreme Court made it clear that the elector is not there to vote his or her conscience. The elector is there to vote how the state dictates," said Erwin Chemerinsky, dean of the University of California-Berkeley Law School. "Most states now forbid faithless electors."

but what about the states in contention?

https://infogram.com/states-laws-binding-electors-1g9vp1ywyrxlp4y
States where Failure to vote as pledged cancels the vote and replaces the elector:
Arizona ,Nevada, Michigan,Wisconsin,Minnesota.
So essentially he’s fucked there.
That leaves him with Georgia and Pennsylvania who have no law pertaining to faithless electorate at all.
So let’s say ole Cheeto gets those two (which he has astronomical odds of achieving that)..he would pick up 36 votes putting him at 268 and Biden at 270.

the dumb fuck would lose regardless...so we ask, why do all this in the first place then if he knows these were losing missions?

1) the grift, keep pumping those “fight for Maga” donations in but don’t read the fine print that says he can pocket all the donations under 8000k. It’s one last cash grab from an overly enthusiastic group of zealots who prey (literally) that god emperor trump remains king.

2) discord, gotta keep them riled up to achieve 1).

3) future endeavors, who the hell cares about a loser? one who lost by 6,000,000 votes on a first term and saw five states flip away from him and oversaw the death of a quarter million Americans with a recession to tow. He needs the narrative to be “they cheated, that’s the only way they won” for his schtick to work. He’s marketed himself as the Uber winner...so wether he launches a 2024 bid, tv network with no money (broke and in debt. and ain’t no one giving him a loan in America at least) he needs that shtick, without it he has no reputation and no identity.”He needs a win”

4) desperate men do desperate things..ahh karma is a bitch and she bites. Trump s walking out of the Oval Office straight into court. Sure Biden doesn’t want to muddy up His suit with executive partisan revenge, but state charges, independent investigations, ethics committees, a potentially left senate if Georgia runoffs work in favor, can all but guarantee trump and his offspring as well as cabinet accomplices will have a hard next decade that could lead to hard time..remember Nixon,he got pardoned but:
  • 40 government officials indicted or jailed
  • H.R. Haldeman and John Erlichman (White House staff), resigned 30 April 1973, subsequently jailed
  • John Dean (White House legal counsel), sacked 30 April 1973, subsequently jailed
  • John Mitchell, Attorney-General and Chairman of the Committee to Re-elect the President (CREEP), jailed
  • Howard Hunt and G. Gordon Liddy (ex-White House staff), planned the Watergate break-in, both jailed
  • Charles Colson, special counsel to the President, jailed
  • James McCord (Security Director of CREEP), jailed.

• There is a damn good chance some fish will fry.

so in conclusion. This guy has literally upended our democracy, attacked it’s very foundation with an assault against the will of the people all for the same thing he’s always nosedived for..the buck. From day one I expected no less because I like most actually knew his history and knew he’d do exactly this.
what I didn’t expect is the support from the right while doing it. Surely these god driven, American living, freedom fighting patriots would never stand for this shit right? Oh fuck was I wrong..they have become enablers and accomplices in one of the largest attack on our democracy in the history of America (aside from the civil war).

My message to them:
go outside and Take the American flag off your porch, take the American flag sticker off your 4x4..don’t put your right hand over your heart while pledging allegiance to America..stop screaming that’d you die for our freedom.
You have lost that identity, you deserve none of what America offers because you spit in the face of what America stands for. Commie

The enemy of democracy will be holding a cross and be wrapped in the American flag.

More crying by the left “ you can’t do stuff like we did”.

As long as he takes it through the proper legal requirements they are following the America way no matter how much the left wants to cry.

“A senior Trump campaign official told Reuters the plan was to cast enough doubt on the results in crucial states to persuade Republican legislators to step in and appoint their own slates of electors.”
If that doesn’t piss people off then America is not for them.
No number of direct quotes like this will ever persuade these zealots that their Dear Leader is incorrect. I expect and fear that countless radicalized extremists will persist in undermining democracy and participating in violent right-wing terrorism.

I hope I'm wrong.

More crying by the left “ you can’t do stuff like we did”.

As long as he takes it through the proper legal requirements they are following the America way no matter how much the left wants to cry.

The left did things we did not like so destroying democracy is fine as long as we can find a way to follow the letter of law. What a joke. Can’t even attempt to justify actions on their merits, it’s a giant game of what aboutism.

Back