Trigger Warnings on Campus - Lengthy Article

Yeah a lot of the time just questioning it deconstructs it but without seeing it as a persuasion technique (a con basically) it will just become another thing that doesn't quite add up. I think to fully neutralize it the mechanism need to be understood, at least in a general sense.

It becomes understandable that to most effectively employ this on a population, a separation between children and parents needs to inserted. I had read that in the soviet union they would teach children to 'rat out' their parents for having views that went against their teaching and such. Also there will be a desire to setup state run daycare / childcare facilities and generally create an environment where the child gets less from their parents and more from the state.

Certainly the younger the child is the more effective it is, but it's also amazing to see how effective the current Marxist based indoctrination can be at the university level (with the help of media and such). It doesn't work on everyone though and if it started earlier it would be more effective.

Yeah those children that were allowed to roam free and challenge things are probably the ones not buying into it later on in life.

Yes, I can see what you mean. Not too many people can expose it without actual realization that comes via rational mechanisms.

Still, even if you started a massive intellectual and media campaign to fight such a movement, the results would be mediocre due to people either being too uninterested in anything that requires them to engage it on a meaningful level because of their stupidity and laziness, or, in those rare cases where some souls would actually get what you're propagating and finally manage to see through the con, not having a thought group to join after they've abandoned their current ones.

You would literally have to form a new group that would shelter all those who reject political correct bullshit and such a group would, in time, succumb to becoming just another one in the long lines of dogma based herds where their members would once again be required to throw away dissent if they want to belong.

This is why I think such a thing is possible only in the confines of a healthy family unit.

Yes, I can see what you mean. Not too many people can expose it without actual realization that comes via rational mechanisms.

Still, even if you started a massive intellectual and media campaign to fight such a movement, the results would be mediocre due to people either being too uninterested in anything that requires them to engage it on a meaningful level because of their stupidity and laziness, or, in those rare cases where some souls would actually get what you're propagating and finally manage to see through the con, not having a thought group to join after they've abandoned their current ones.

You would literally have to form a new group that would shelter all those who reject political correct bullshit and such a group would, in time, succumb to becoming just another one in the long lines of dogma based herds where their members would once again be required to throw away dissent if they want to belong.

This is why I think such a thing is possible only in the confines of a healthy family unit.

I was only speaking from an individual perspective. To effectively fight it on a large scale is not so easy I agree. I've come to the conclusion that decentralization of power is really the only way to counter a lot of this stuff. Otherwise we end up in a Brave New World because that is where power consolidation leads to. It allows all the scientific techniques to be utilized completely from cradle to grave with no real alternative. Referred to as the scientific dictatorship.

I was only speaking from an individual perspective. To effectively fight it on a large scale is not so easy I agree.

I can tell. The individual perspective is the only one that matters, anyway.

I hope these "triggered" people realize how exhausting it is to spend time with them. You have to tip toe around everything. You are constantly walking on egg shells.

Nobody can uphold a friendship with a person like that.

Many of these people are collectivist types. They hide within a clique of like minded individuals creating a self-fulfilling consensus.

Many of these individuals never flat out confront you on their own. They do it in groups or they make complaints behind your back.

The misnomer is that progressives are tolerant and open minded. That's not true at all. They're just as stubborn, hateful, and pigheaded as any bigoted redneck christian can be. They hide behind their naive self-righteousness that those they hate are the intolerant ones.

Back