Travis Browne Thinking of Changing Camps?

You're missing the point bro. Those KOs were against mediocre fighters who were also intimidated by her aura of invincibility + they probably underestimated Ronda's ability, or her power(and she does have some power, although she's not very technical).

So your whole argument is that Edmund is a guy that can help some guys and girls with the basics of striking. Is this something they don't have a qualified coach for in every single camp in the world? He's a bad mma coach and you can reach that level of striking by doing it yourself with youtube videos for 5 years. He got super lucky that Ronda hooked up with him and he had a ready made Olympic level athlete there who was able to dominate a relatively shallow division with not many girls as experienced as her. The guy is also super creepy, on top of being completely full of shit.

You have a point. I would love to see new version of Ronda who will be training in the best mma gyms of the world.

You have a point. I would love to see new version of Ronda who will be training in the best mma gyms of the world.
Aye, I really disliked the fact that Ronda bought into her own hype, and Edmund for sure didn't help with saying shit that she can be the boxing champion of the world if she wants. I think she's a good person but obviously has some issues and she surrounded herself with some bad people. She's still relatively young and in theory she could be better than ever, but she doesn't seem motivated at all.

All my fav hapa fights have happened while he was at edmunds gym. I need him to stay.

He surely must have noticed the link between fighters shitting the bed, and joining camp Bean.

I never said it. I only said he was from the beginning with Ronda and she has 3 KO wins in her record.
He is not a terrible coach as many mma fans tries to exaggerate, and he is not great either for the best fighters in the world. At least he can be helpful for fighters who start learning striking. But once you start participating on the highest mma level it's better to find a new elite gym. I hope both Ronda and Travis will find a new gym to improve striking defense and footwork.

What do you call a coach who is unable to teach his student basic striking fundamentals after years of training and fighting? A good teacher.. I sure wouldn't.

If Edmond was a good coach he would have realized his gym and expertise just aren't enough for high level fighters.

If Edmond was a good coach he would have brought in more striking coaches to help Ronda out with all the money she was making.

If Edmond was a good coach he shouldn't of lead Ronda on about how great her striking has improved.

If Edmond was a good coach he still shouldn't be trying to train her.

Travis should switch camps.

I have always been surprised that he didn't win the belt and remain champ for a while.
He was an elite college basketball player who could have played for the NBA, but he is doing MMA instead. He is at least an A- level athlete.

It's easy and irrational to stick to "crowd opinion" without thinking. Edmomd is a good coach. Look at Ronda's records:

WIN first round armbar against Ediane Gomes
WIN first round armbar against Charmaine Tweet
WIN first round armbar against Sarah D'Alelio
WIN first round armbar against Julia Budd
Fights for the belt:
WIN first round armbar against Miesha Tate (Miesha was 12-2)
WIN first round armbar against Sarah Kaufman (Sarah was 15-1)
WIN first round armbar against Liz Carmouche (Liz was 8-2)
WIN third round armbar against Miesha Tate (Miesha was 13-4)
WIN first round TKO (1m 6s) against Sara McMann (Sara was 7-0)
WIN first round TKO (16s) against Alexis Davis (Alexis was 16-5, including win against current champion Amanda Nunes)
WIN first round armbar (14s) against Cat Zingano (Cat was 9-0, including win against current champion Amanda Nunes )
WIN first round KO (34s) against Bethe Correia (Bethe was 9-0)
One loss to Holly Holm who was undefeated 9-0

Not included 4 first round submission wins in amateur career (one against Taylor Stratford who won 9 of her 10 fights with one loss to Ronda)

Ronda has been training with Edmond from the beginning of her MMA career. So, yeah, record speaks for itself, Edmond is not a bad coach. Popular, fancy and expensive MMA gyms are not always better. I know, Ronda is extremely talented judoka and beautiful woman, and she was the same even before she met Edmond. But with Edmond she learned strikes, she has 3 first round KO wins in her Title Defense record. Not bad at all.

Game plan against Holly wasn't good. Bud it's wasn't bad either. It was risky. Needless to post "Holly's win moment". Ronda is not a top-level-striker by default, nothing to be proud of in a KO win against pure grappler. She has about 5 years of striking experience against 20 years of Holly's striking experience. Nevertheless, Ronda was able to punch out Holly's mouthpiece in the fight (not many mma fans payed attention right?).
I was surprised when he said "beautiful work champ" as much as probably all of you. She lost the first round and she had an injury. Maybe he tried to say "believe in yourself champ", but lack of English knowledge + shock didn't allow him to find the right words.

Anyway. Everyone blames him now because:
1. Crowd does it, easy to repeat what crowd does.
2. Game plan didn't work one time and he said stupid things.

My personal opinion. Edmond is good coach. He can teach "risky boxing" and he can help fighters to go from "amateur" level to the level of top 10-20 best fighters of any weight class. Most of his game plans worked well. However, fighters should learn footwork, striking defense and grappling in other gyms. They also should switch to a better place for training once they start participating in UFC on a very high level, such as top weight class contenders.

I think, the thing about Ronda, she learned all or almost all what she could from this coach. She and Travis should train in another place now. At the same time it's fair to say Edmond's teaching wasn't in vain at all.
hi, edmond

to be fair dosent matter where Tavis train for his last fight he wouldnt have lost no matter what.

All the Edmond hate is just ronda fangirls on here trying to pin Ronda's downfall on him. Not gonna work. She got kicked to another dimension by Holly because somebody finally exposed how limited she is when her main weapon doesn't work. I guess when she was winning Edmond was great though. Lmao.

Travis should switch camps.

I have always been surprised that he didn't win the belt and remain champ for a while.
He was an elite college basketball player who could have played for the NBA, but he is doing MMA instead. He is at least an A- level athlete.

No he fucking was not an elite college basketball player. Lol he played 1 year at some BS community college nobody has ever heard of and dropped out. But he could've played in the NBA? Right.... where a minimum 1 year contract is like 750k to be the last man on the bench to cheer and wave the towel while living a rockstar life yet he chose to fight in a cage in which he probably made like 15-20k his first couple years. But he's got that Hawaiian warrior spirit and loves to fight so that's why he chose fighting over the NBA right? Seems legit.

Speaking of Team Alpha Male. Anybody find this photo to be super awkward?

THE-TEAM-ALPHA-MALE-2015-CALENDAR-563x353.png

First word that comes to mind is...

Not homo at all...

EDMOND IS GOAT

Edmund looks like the Count from Sesame Street crossed with a dodgy kebab salesman.

Edmond will take Travis' internet away because of this

Edit: Judging from that picture, Edmond is 6'5
What the hell happened there?

Last edited:
Back