Travis Browne Thinking of Changing Camps?

scream.gif

LiveSeveralIncatern.gif

166837_162737017112163_100001275969743_349589_3500998_n.jpg

It's easy and irrational to stick to "crowd opinion" without thinking. Edmomd is a good coach. Look at Ronda's records:

WIN first round armbar against Ediane Gomes
WIN first round armbar against Charmaine Tweet
WIN first round armbar against Sarah D'Alelio
WIN first round armbar against Julia Budd
Fights for the belt:
WIN first round armbar against Miesha Tate (Miesha was 12-2)
WIN first round armbar against Sarah Kaufman (Sarah was 15-1)
WIN first round armbar against Liz Carmouche (Liz was 8-2)
WIN third round armbar against Miesha Tate (Miesha was 13-4)
WIN first round TKO (1m 6s) against Sara McMann (Sara was 7-0)
WIN first round TKO (16s) against Alexis Davis (Alexis was 16-5, including win against current champion Amanda Nunes)
WIN first round armbar (14s) against Cat Zingano (Cat was 9-0, including win against current champion Amanda Nunes )
WIN first round KO (34s) against Bethe Correia (Bethe was 9-0)
One loss to Holly Holm who was undefeated 9-0

Not included 4 first round submission wins in amateur career (one against Taylor Stratford who won 9 of her 10 fights with one loss to Ronda)

Ronda has been training with Edmond from the beginning of her MMA career. So, yeah, record speaks for itself, Edmond is not a bad coach. Popular, fancy and expensive MMA gyms are not always better. I know, Ronda is extremely talented judoka and beautiful woman, and she was the same even before she met Edmond. But with Edmond she learned strikes, she has 3 first round KO wins in her Title Defense record. Not bad at all.

Game plan against Holly wasn't good. Bud it's wasn't bad either. It was risky. Needless to post "Holly's win moment". Ronda is not a top-level-striker by default, nothing to be proud of in a KO win against pure grappler. She has about 5 years of striking experience against 20 years of Holly's striking experience. Nevertheless, Ronda was able to punch out Holly's mouthpiece in the fight (not many mma fans payed attention right?).
I was surprised when he said "beautiful work champ" as much as probably all of you. She lost the first round and she had an injury. Maybe he tried to say "believe in yourself champ", but lack of English knowledge + shock didn't allow him to find the right words.

Anyway. Everyone blames him now because:
1. Crowd does it, easy to repeat what crowd does.
2. Game plan didn't work one time and he said stupid things.

My personal opinion. Edmond is good coach. He can teach "risky boxing" and he can help fighters to go from "amateur" level to the level of top 10-20 best fighters of any weight class. Most of his game plans worked well. However, fighters should learn footwork, striking defense and grappling in other gyms. They also should switch to a better place for training once they start participating in UFC on a very high level, such as top weight class contenders.

I think, the thing about Ronda, she learned all or almost all what she could from this coach. She and Travis should train in another place now. At the same time it's fair to say Edmond's teaching wasn't in vain at all.

Hey Coach Edmond! Didn't know you posted on Sherdog.

Ronda really likes to lean her head when she boxes

"U left the best mma gym to chase vegina" LMAO<18>

He's a striking coach first and foremost. Don't give him credit for Ronda's ground game or submission prowess.
I know, Ronda is extremely talented judoka and beautiful woman, and she was the same even before she met Edmond. But with Edmond she learned strikes, she has 3 first round KO wins in her Title Defense record. Not bad at all.

Ok so how do you explain Travis Browne, Jake Ellenberger, and Manny Gamburyan immediately falling off once they started training there?
Travis was fighting Cain in his last fight. I don't think another gym would change Travis Browne so much so he could be better at striking than Cain.
Manny won 4 of his last 6 fights and Jake won the last fight he had. I don't have a full list of all fighters who started training with Edmond and all the result what they had with him. Fighters who is training in the best MMA gyms are losing as well, don't they?

Or that Ronda still cannot strike worth a shit? And no striking defense. Does not keep her hands up or her chin down. And nothing resembling footwork. Ronda's success is despite him, not because of him.
Ronda was able to punch out Holly's mouthpiece in the fight
Most of his game plans worked well. However, fighters should learn footwork, striking defense and grappling in other gyms.

Not agree about Ronda's striking, striking is great for someone who learns it for 5 years. She will improve footwork and defense, and I agree Edmond is not a good coach to learn it.

Hey Coach Edmond! Didn't know you posted on Sherdog.

I don't say Edmond is the best coach, the greatest one or something. Obviously, not a bad one. As overall as I said Edmond is a good coach. Do not be blinded by false crowd noise.

Travis was fighting Cain in his last fight. I don't think another gym would change Travis Browne so much so he could be better at striking than Cain.
Manny won 4 of his last 6 fights and Jake won the last fight he had. I don't have a full list of all fighters who started training with Edmond and all the result what they had with him. Fighters who is training in the best MMA gyms are losing as well, don't they?

Not agree about Ronda's striking, striking is great for someone who learns it for 5 years. She will improve footwork and defense, and I agree Edmond is not a good coach to learn it.

I don't say Edmond is the best coach, the greatest one or something. Obviously, not a bad one. As overall as I said Edmond is a good coach. Do not be blinded by false crowd noise.

Just FYI, Jake actually left Edmond for his last fight... which I think you could argue was the biggest win of his career.

Yea I mean Browne lost to Cain for sure, but Browne was probably losing to Mitrione before the eye pokes, he lost to Arlovski and got embarrassed by Werdum too. Honestly the only win of his that he's had since moving to Edmond's gym that wasn't the result of eye pokes was against Brendan Schaub. I would not hang my argument on a win over brendan schaub if my life depended on it.

Edmund was never my friend.

It's easy and irrational to stick to "crowd opinion" without thinking. Edmomd is a good coach. Look at Ronda's records:

WIN first round armbar against Ediane Gomes
WIN first round armbar against Charmaine Tweet
WIN first round armbar against Sarah D'Alelio
WIN first round armbar against Julia Budd
Fights for the belt:
WIN first round armbar against Miesha Tate (Miesha was 12-2)
WIN first round armbar against Sarah Kaufman (Sarah was 15-1)
WIN first round armbar against Liz Carmouche (Liz was 8-2)
WIN third round armbar against Miesha Tate (Miesha was 13-4)
WIN first round TKO (1m 6s) against Sara McMann (Sara was 7-0)
WIN first round TKO (16s) against Alexis Davis (Alexis was 16-5, including win against current champion Amanda Nunes)
WIN first round armbar (14s) against Cat Zingano (Cat was 9-0, including win against current champion Amanda Nunes )
WIN first round KO (34s) against Bethe Correia (Bethe was 9-0)
One loss to Holly Holm who was undefeated 9-0

Not included 4 first round submission wins in amateur career (one against Taylor Stratford who won 9 of her 10 fights with one loss to Ronda)

Ronda has been training with Edmond from the beginning of her MMA career. So, yeah, record speaks for itself, Edmond is not a bad coach. Popular, fancy and expensive MMA gyms are not always better. I know, Ronda is extremely talented judoka and beautiful woman, and she was the same even before she met Edmond. But with Edmond she learned strikes, she has 3 first round KO wins in her Title Defense record. Not bad at all.

Game plan against Holly wasn't good. Bud it's wasn't bad either. It was risky. Needless to post "Holly's win moment". Ronda is not a top-level-striker by default, nothing to be proud of in a KO win against pure grappler. She has about 5 years of striking experience against 20 years of Holly's striking experience. Nevertheless, Ronda was able to punch out Holly's mouthpiece in the fight (not many mma fans payed attention right?).
I was surprised when he said "beautiful work champ" as much as probably all of you. She lost the first round and she had an injury. Maybe he tried to say "believe in yourself champ", but lack of English knowledge + shock didn't allow him to find the right words.

Anyway. Everyone blames him now because:
1. Crowd does it, easy to repeat what crowd does.
2. Game plan didn't work one time and he said stupid things.

My personal opinion. Edmond is good coach. He can teach "risky boxing" and he can help fighters to go from "amateur" level to the level of top 10-20 best fighters of any weight class. Most of his game plans worked well. However, fighters should learn footwork, striking defense and grappling in other gyms. They also should switch to a better place for training once they start participating in UFC on a very high level, such as top weight class contenders.

I think, the thing about Ronda, she learned all or almost all what she could from this coach. She and Travis should train in another place now. At the same time it's fair to say Edmond's teaching wasn't in vain at all.

Coach Edmond taught Ronda her ground game, that's pretty impressive. A true pioneer of the sport. A once in a lifetime coach.

I agree with you, Glendale Fighting Club is a bastion of knowledge for many great fighters.

The only reason he hasn't left Edmond is because of his relationship with Ronda. That said, I never considered Travis to be an elite fighter. He got two flukey KO's with an unusual move (the standing elbows to the side of the head). Apart from that he's never deminstrated any elite striking whatsoever

I don't understand why he would consider leaving a coach with such moves...

IMO, that is the only evidence that he might possibly be a good coach.

But back to the topic... Kings MMA is basically down the street from where Ronda lives. Who cares if Werdum is there.

Coach Edmond taught Ronda her ground game, that's pretty impressive. A true pioneer of the sport. A once in a lifetime coach.

I never said it. I only said he was from the beginning with Ronda and she has 3 KO wins in her record.
He is not a terrible coach as many mma fans tries to exaggerate, and he is not great either for the best fighters in the world. At least he can be helpful for fighters who start learning striking. But once you start participating on the highest mma level it's better to find a new elite gym. I hope both Ronda and Travis will find a new gym to improve striking defense and footwork.

What other good camps are there in California?

Well... "Team Alpha Male" might be suited for at least one of his body parts (allegedly).

LOL travis can't join Team Twink.

His hammer alone probably exceeds the maximum permissible height.

I never said it. I only said he was from the beginning with Ronda and she has 3 KO wins in her record.
He is not a terrible coach as many mma fans tries to exaggerate, and he is not great either for the best fighters in the world. At least he can be helpful for fighters who start learning striking. But once you start participating on the highest mma level it's better to find a new elite gym. I hope both Ronda and Travis will find a new gym to improve striking defense and footwork.

You're missing the point bro. Those KOs were against mediocre fighters who were also intimidated by her aura of invincibility + they probably underestimated Ronda's ability, or her power(and she does have some power, although she's not very technical).

So your whole argument is that Edmund is a guy that can help some guys and girls with the basics of striking. Is this something they don't have a qualified coach for in every single camp in the world? He's a bad mma coach and you can reach that level of striking by doing it yourself with youtube videos for 5 years. He got super lucky that Ronda hooked up with him and he had a ready made Olympic level athlete there who was able to dominate a relatively shallow division with not many girls as experienced as her. The guy is also super creepy, on top of being completely full of shit.

He got some blunt responses in the comment section

The first bunch of comments...

I don't understand why he would consider leaving a coach with such moves...

Edmund is the king of douchebags.

Back