Travis Browne Thinking of Changing Camps?

Speaking of Team Alpha Male. Anybody find this photo to be super awkward?

THE-TEAM-ALPHA-MALE-2015-CALENDAR-563x353.png

First word that comes to mind is...

Have you seen Joseph Benavidez and Megan Olivi's Christmas card? They like super awkward...

I mean... the evidence is almost undeniable at this point that Edmond isn't a good coach.

It's easy and irrational to stick to "crowd opinion" without thinking. Edmomd is a good coach. Look at Ronda's records:

WIN first round armbar against Ediane Gomes
WIN first round armbar against Charmaine Tweet
WIN first round armbar against Sarah D'Alelio
WIN first round armbar against Julia Budd
Fights for the belt:
WIN first round armbar against Miesha Tate (Miesha was 12-2)
WIN first round armbar against Sarah Kaufman (Sarah was 15-1)
WIN first round armbar against Liz Carmouche (Liz was 8-2)
WIN third round armbar against Miesha Tate (Miesha was 13-4)
WIN first round TKO (1m 6s) against Sara McMann (Sara was 7-0)
WIN first round TKO (16s) against Alexis Davis (Alexis was 16-5, including win against current champion Amanda Nunes)
WIN first round armbar (14s) against Cat Zingano (Cat was 9-0, including win against current champion Amanda Nunes )
WIN first round KO (34s) against Bethe Correia (Bethe was 9-0)
One loss to Holly Holm who was undefeated 9-0

Not included 4 first round submission wins in amateur career (one against Taylor Stratford who won 9 of her 10 fights with one loss to Ronda)

Ronda has been training with Edmond from the beginning of her MMA career. So, yeah, record speaks for itself, Edmond is not a bad coach. Popular, fancy and expensive MMA gyms are not always better. I know, Ronda is extremely talented judoka and beautiful woman, and she was the same even before she met Edmond. But with Edmond she learned strikes, she has 3 first round KO wins in her Title Defense record. Not bad at all.

Game plan against Holly wasn't good. Bud it's wasn't bad either. It was risky. Needless to post "Holly's win moment". Ronda is not a top-level-striker by default, nothing to be proud of in a KO win against pure grappler. She has about 5 years of striking experience against 20 years of Holly's striking experience. Nevertheless, Ronda was able to punch out Holly's mouthpiece in the fight (not many mma fans payed attention right?).
I was surprised when he said "beautiful work champ" as much as probably all of you. She lost the first round and she had an injury. Maybe he tried to say "believe in yourself champ", but lack of English knowledge + shock didn't allow him to find the right words.

Anyway. Everyone blames him now because:
1. Crowd does it, easy to repeat what crowd does.
2. Game plan didn't work one time and he said stupid things.

My personal opinion. Edmond is good coach. He can teach "risky boxing" and he can help fighters to go from "amateur" level to the level of top 10-20 best fighters of any weight class. Most of his game plans worked well. However, fighters should learn footwork, striking defense and grappling in other gyms. They also should switch to a better place for training once they start participating in UFC on a very high level, such as top weight class contenders.

I think, the thing about Ronda, she learned all or almost all what she could from this coach. She and Travis should train in another place now. At the same time it's fair to say Edmond's teaching wasn't in vain at all.

Should go to Alliance imo. Fullfill his role as the HW Cruz.

It's easy and irrational to stick to "crowd opinion" without thinking. Edmomd is a good coach. Look at Ronda's records:

Fights for the belt:
WIN first round TKO (16s) against Alexis Davis (Alexis was 16-5, including win against current champion Amanda Nunes)
WIN first round armbar (14s) against Cat Zingano (Cat was 9-0, including win against current champion Amanda Nunes )

Not included 4 first round submission wins in amateur career (one against Taylor Stratford who won 9 of her 10 fights with one loss to Ronda)

Ronda has been training with Edmond from the beginning of her MMA career. So, yeah, record speaks for itself, Edmond is not a bad coach. Popular, fancy and expensive MMA gyms are not always better. I know, Ronda is extremely talented judoka and beautiful woman, and she was the same even before she met Edmond. But with Edmond she learned strikes, she has 3 first round KO wins in her Title Defense record. Not bad at all.

Game plan against Holly wasn't good. Bud it's wasn't bad either. It was risky. Needless to post "Holly's win moment". Ronda is not a top-level-striker by default, nothing to be proud of in a KO win against pure grappler. She has about 5 years of striking experience against 20 years of Holly's striking experience. Nevertheless, Ronda was able to punch out Holly's mouthpiece in the fight (not many mma fans payed attention right?).
I was surprised when he said "beautiful work champ" as much as probably all of you. She lost the first round and she had an injury. Maybe he tried to say "believe in yourself champ", but lack of English knowledge + shock didn't allow him to find the right words.

My personal opinion. Edmond is good coach. He can teach "risky boxing" and he can help fighters to go from "amateur" level to the level of top 10-20 best fighters of any weight class. Most of his game plans worked well. However, fighters should learn footwork, striking defense and grappling in other gyms. They also should switch to a better place for training once they start participating in UFC on a very high level, such as top weight class contenders.

I think, the thing about Ronda, she learned all or almost all what she could from this coach. She and Travis should train in another place now. At the same time it's fair to say Edmond's teaching wasn't in vain at all.
He's a striking coach first and foremost. Don't give him credit for Ronda's ground game or submission prowess.

Fights for the belt:

Ok so how do you explain Travis Browne, Jake Ellenberger, and Manny Gamburyan immediately falling off once they started training there? The thing about Ronda is that she's only ever trained there so its hard to compare what she's doing because she's just a phenomenal athlete and what is due to edmond. With those three guys its pretty clear.

hopefully he take ronda with him. I'm sure even the haters would like to see how she does at a real camp.

He got some blunt responses in the comment section

The first bunch of comments...

I don't understand why he would consider leaving a coach with such moves...

Made me lol

is there other heavies at RondaDale ?

The fact that whoever is playing the recorder keeps fucking up was killing me. I think that was a recorder anyways, taking me back to 4th grade.

That's what makes it perfect for something like that video.

Ok so how do you explain Travis Browne, Jake Ellenberger, and Manny Gamburyan immediately falling off once they started training there? The thing about Ronda is that she's only ever trained there so its hard to compare what she's doing because she's just a phenomenal athlete and what is due to edmond. With those three guys its pretty clear.

Or that Ronda still cannot strike worth a shit? And no striking defense. Does not keep her hands up or her chin down. And nothing resembling footwork. Ronda's success is despite him, not because of him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back