• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Transwomsn vs Muslim Spa, a Canadian Lawsuit

"However, we also welcome staff members and respect their religious beliefs and feelings of safety and dignity in regards to the right not to perform waxing services on males or male genitals."

the religious and trans stuff doesn't really come into play, this is basic.

Right, and that's all well and good, and I hope they are happy. But what they actually are, are transgender women. I think they should call themselves whatever they want and be treated with dignity and respect. But that does not mean a woman who has an agreement with her employer to only view and touch the nude bodies of other biological females suddenly has to change her own views to accommodate a transgender women.

Obviously I agree with everything here, but this is not the reality we live in according to a small but loud community, hence Bill C-16 and this pending lawsuit. Though I am certain the outcome will be predictable, I'm left to wonder why they introduced such a bill if they were just going to carry on as usual.

Why would he have voted against Mitt Romney? Dude was a solid candidate.

Muslims are a very small percentage of the US population, so that's not really going to sway an election anyway, and a good chunk of practicing Muslims are recent immigrants who can't vote. The real head scratcher is why American Jews don't vote more conservative. Dennis Prager has said that Jews live one way but vote the complete opposite way.

Apparently this was just a Muslim employee, not a Muslim spa, so this will be a TKO for the tranny, but it will get overturned and ruled a no contest.

Edit: Ah dude, this was a bikini waxing place and some dude strolled in asking this poor Muslim woman to wax his ball bag? Come on, son.

Rich Jews tend to steal or help family steal from social welfare programs, so they vote Dem to keep them well funded. It's their little secret.

You might think I'm kidding, but I'm not. And I sincerely have no problem with Jews at large.

I am pretty sure even lefties will struggle with this one for a bit. But not as much as righties. Lol

Righties? Ha! As a conservative I can't wait to see how Trudeau handles this one. No issue whatsoever for a conservative.

TVNYk43.png

I want to see him publicly addresses this.
Progressives help him out here, don't be shy now.

But we have apparent "bigotry" disguised behind a religious exemption.

A better example would be, what if an old-school Mormon refused to do waxing on blacks? Does the religious belief trump protected status? And if not, does the employer have the right to discriminate in his hiring practices based on religion?

Again, I do not believe it is "bigotry" at all, not the tiniest bit, for a woman to wish not to touch a nude male body. Those are her personal boundaries, and they are not based in bigotry against males, they are based on pretty normal boundaries that conservative people have. It is absolutely ridiculous to call it bigotry.

So I do not see how it is comparable to racism at all. Refusing to serve a person based on race is not even close to the same thing as a woman refusing to wax a man's body. There is no connection here.

Obviously I agree with everything here, but this is not the reality we live in according to a small but loud community, hence Bill C-16 and this pending lawsuit. Though I am certain the outcome will be predictable, I'm left to wonder why they introduced such a bill if they were just going to carry on as usual.

I don't know what the bill is, I don't follow that stuff too closely. But this is my outlook on it. I don't care what race, sex, gender identity, or religion you are, you should be treated with dignity and respect and we should all look out for each other. But that also means that we have to look out for the woman who agreed to perform a specific job, and does not wish to change that agreement to appease somebody.

@Kafir-kun

We would love to but politically, the non Muslim conservatives are vehemently anti-Muslim or very distrustful of us. Maybe when the war on terror ends and there is a new boogieman that might happen.

I remember a while ago mentioning this to another conservative and theyd rather die with the ship than align with Muslims. Something about Western civilization might die or something.
OK, quote the people on the right who've had any problems answering whose side they're on. It's a unanimous "the Muslim woman should not have to shave some guy's hairy cock".

Simple if "she" has a dick "she" is not a she.

So he doesn't get to go in private places that females do.

Not the way the court up there will see it I'm sure.

Even if "she" chops it off and gets a fish pussy installed, "she" is still is not a "she".

Even if "she" chops it off and gets a fish pussy installed, "she" is still is not a "she".

Well not biologically but if you go that far ahe can be called female for most things.

You're missing the point. Transwomen claim they are real women.

Biologically, you were not born with the Christian beliefs you now hold, yet there are laws protecting you from religious discrimination. Why is gender any different?

Most of the posts just sum it up. Basically not sure which extreme is the lesser evil here.

Biologically, you were not born with the Christian beliefs you now hold, yet there are laws protecting you from religious discrimination. Why is gender any different?

I am glad you cannot discriminate against people because of their sex, but this only works when all parties agree how sex is defined. This case highlights this nicely.

OK, quote the people on the right who've had any problems answering whose side they're on. It's a unanimous "the Muslim woman should not have to shave some guy's hairy cock".

i was not talking about this specific situation. i was talking about the right's views on Muslims. basically from my experience the more right any non Muslim is the less favorably they look at us.

I am glad you cannot discriminate against people because of their sex, but this only works when all parties agree how sex is defined. This case highlights this nicely.

As to the particular case being discussed, I'm a little fuzzy on the details, and how discrimination enters the picture. How did the employee even know whether or not this guy was a transgender? Is it just based on looks? An adam's apple or something?

Regarding C-16, and my initial comment to you, I don't understand how you can be opposed to the addition of transgenders in discrimination law based on an argument of what or what not they "biologically" were born as. I certainly don't have a right to discriminate against religious people simply because I insist we biologically are not introduced into the world with a belief in God.

If you don't discriminate based on sex, shouldn't quibbling over an individual's sex be meaningless?

Wonder what the pro-tranny in women batherooms cool-kid bunch would say to this.

i was not talking about this specific situation. i was talking about the right's views on Muslims. basically from my experience the more right any non Muslim is the less favorably they look at us.
I'm a non-muslim on the right and I lived with Muslims and spent a month traveling through Morocco with them years later. Nobody wants an Islamic theocracy, but people don't generally have a problem with Muslims as individuals.

From the trannys pov. Why woukd you want some who feels uncomfortable waxing you? Not only will they not do good job, but the decent thing would be to respect the other persons feeling and move on.

Same thing with the gay vs cake makers. Why would you force someone who dont like you to bake you a cake. I doubt they would put their heart to it.

I get that, but do you think the chefs at the lunch counters in Alabama were putting forth their best efforts when the diners were integrated?

As to the particular case being discussed, I'm a little fuzzy on the details, and how discrimination enters the picture. How did the employee even know whether or not this guy was a transgender? Is it just based on looks? An adam's apple or something?

Regarding C-16, and my initial comment to you, I don't understand how you can be opposed to the addition of transgenders in discrimination law based on an argument of what or what not they "biologically" were born as. I certainly don't have a right to discriminate against religious people simply because I insist we biologically are not introduced into the world with a belief in God.

If you don't discriminate based on sex, shouldn't quibbling over an individual's sex be meaningless?

Consider the Blitz Spa case from Toronto last year. The spa is for women-only, you can walk around nude, etc.

Some transwomen (a man with a penis) claimed they were being discriminated against because they only allow "real" women in. But transwomen are women after all, according to how they identify, so how do we proceed?

Should the spa allow a transwomen in because she identifies as a woman, and if not, is it discrimination based on sex?

Back