• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Transwomsn vs Muslim Spa, a Canadian Lawsuit

This is too good. I've got the religion of peace by whiteguilt in the third

Ha! We told people scenarios like this would develop fitting the bill "you just can't make this shite up."
What else will develop out progressive relativism? Inquiring minds want to know,

Consider the Blitz Spa case from Toronto last year. The spa is for women-only, you can walk around nude, etc.

Some transwomen (a man with a penis) claimed they were being discriminated against because they only allow "real" women in. But transwomen are women after all, according to how they identify, so how do we proceed?

Should the spa allow a transwomen in because she identifies as a woman, and if not, is it discrimination based on sex?

Ok. Well in that case, I agree with you. That's where I get confused, I thought a man without a penis is a transgender, but thinking about it, I guess that would be a transsexual. So ya, that's something I didn't think about.

Ha! We told people scenarios like this would develop fitting the bill "you just can't make this shite up."
What else will develop out progressive relativism? Inquiring minds want to know,

My friend is a ESL teacher and he had to explain to a Chinese student that she was not misreading a form. Her English was fine america has just gone crazy.

The Muslim woman does not perform waxing on men, that is the agreement that she has with her employer. If she was a white woman, and made the same agreement, then it would be the same exact situation. The religious part doesn't make a difference at all. What matters is that her job is not supposed to include waxing men.

Well first, the fact that she is Muslim is not the point. The point is that she does not want to wax men, and her employer agreed to that when he hired her. No different than going to a salon where most of them will not cut men's hair, but have a barber there sometimes who does. If the barber is not present, you're not getting a hair cut. There are women-only gyms near my house too. It's really not exclusively a religious issue.

I do not think any employer would hire an employee under the agreement that they would not serve a specific race. That is just discrimination and practically begging for lawsuits. Using race as a reason to deny someone service is no more sensible than using their hair color, eye color, height, etc.

I do not put race and gender in the same category in this regard at all. Imagine Mike Pence saying he will not be alone with a Hispanic. Different right?

Following you're logic - then the owner is still on the hook because he offers a service that is sex discriminatory depending on who is at work that day. He should fire the Muslim woman and hire one that will wax men. But the bigger point here (if I've followed it correctly) is that the guy isn't a guy under Canadian law - he's a she simply by stating he is and you can't claim he's a he. (Canucks please correct me here if I'm wrong)

Btw- What hair dresser doesn't do men's hair? I grew up in the Bible belt and quit going to a barber when I was 13.

Ok. Well in that case, I agree with you. That's where I get confused, I thought a man without a penis is a transgender, but thinking about it, I guess that would be a transsexual. So ya, that's something I didn't think about.

That case is a little more straight forward because it doesn't have a religious element, and it involves swinging dicks (the Toronto spa had a no penis rule), but for all intents, I've been ignoring the religious aspect in this case because it plays out the same.

There's a bit of he said/ze said with this. The guy who owns the spa is saying that the "woman" wanted a Brazilian wax, but apparently the complaint filed with OHRT said that the services requested was leg waxing. In any event it will be interesting to see how they rule on this. The tranny has filed a complaint based on discrimination for "gender identity" and "gender expression", but the discrimination is clearly based on sex. This is why those bogus categories should never have been added to the Human Rights Code imo.

I'm a non-muslim on the right and I lived with Muslims and spent a month traveling through Morocco with them years later. Nobody wants an Islamic theocracy, but people don't generally have a problem with Muslims as individuals.

politics is rarely about individuals. it is about groups of people and the conservative parties are far less muslim inclusive than liberal ones. this has been a matter of fact to Muslims that i know. some go with the conservative party anyways but many of us feel we'd be voting ourselves off the island with conservatives (not literally)

Following you're logic - then the owner is still on the hook because he offers a service that is sex discriminatory depending on who is at work that day. He should fire the Muslim woman and hire one that will wax men. But the bigger point here (if I've followed it correctly) is that the guy isn't a guy under Canadian law - he's a she simply by stating he is and you can't claim he's a he. (Canucks please correct me here if I'm wrong)

Btw- What hair dresser doesn't do men's hair? I grew up in the Bible belt and quit going to a barber when I was 13.

I'm not even sure the people who passed the bill understand it. But yeah, that is how I see it.

Just because you believe something doesn't make it so no matter how you feel.
636600839190361355-XXX-Dolezal02-73739690.JPG

There's a bit of he said/ze said with this. The guy who owns the spa is saying that the "woman" wanted a Brazilian wax, but apparently the complaint filed with OHRT said that the services requested was leg waxing. In any event it will be interesting to see how they rule on this. The tranny has filed a complaint based on discrimination for "gender identity" and "gender expression", but the discrimination is clearly based on sex. This is why those bogus categories should never have been added to the Human Rights Code imo.

If I were a betting man, I would think the transwoman asked for a Brazilian wax because it was zirs intention to file a lawsuit not knowing that simply asking for a normal wax would have been met with the same response. I could be wrong, but that's my guess.

My friend is a ESL teacher and he had to explain to a Chinese student that she was not misreading a form. Her English was fine america has just gone crazy.

We'll get these Chinese students straightened out and then export this stuff.

Really, are you that far out of it that you don't know who that is?

Not being American I had to google her.

Is it wrong to find that whole thing hilarious?

Just because you believe something doesn't make it so no matter how you feel.
636600839190361355-XXX-Dolezal02-73739690.JPG

But how do we know that feelings don't ultimately trump reality? Possible that we're living in a world that was created by someone that felt gender was real? The patriarchy has done this.

Not being American I had to google her.

Is it wrong to find that whole thing hilarious?

Hilarious and a bit sad that anyone would take her seriously.

But how do we know that feelings don't ultimately trump reality? Possible that we're living in a world that was created by someone that felt gender was real? The patriarchy has done this.

Only if you are not "woke" or maybe if you are "woke" or what the hell ever.

But I I know for a fact how to tell the difference between male and female.

Back