Training and Partying the real life paradox

I have the same problem. Train like a madman all week and eat clean, then come Friday night I turn into some kind of animal. Ive tried to calm down a bit, and only go out Friday instead of Friday and Saturday.

Ive calmed down the drinking and started not to mix drinks and doing stupid shit like mixing jagerbombs, cider, and Stella. But damn once you get drunk theres no stopping hunger.

same as me mate

When I was younger (your age) I didn't really have much confidence (surprising huh :icon_chee) so didn't really enjoy the whole going out and getting pissed thing. But now I'm older I have the confidence but feel like I out age everyone around me and it can make me feel uncomfortable (then I get pissed and notice the fine pieces of arse around me).

Also I'm now starting to feel older so think I should make the most of out my body while I can and get pissed etc when I'm older.

*tosses a coin*

Do it while you can Ian it doesn't get easier!(age wise)

best thing you can do is wake up the next day after partying, drink some pedialyte and go run that shit out of you, it sucks but your hangover goes away quickly and you get back to balance and ready to do it all over again

fucking pedialyte is number 1 dude. works everytime

I party every weekend until 10 weeks out before a fight.

That being said:
Don't drink beer.
Don't drink soda.
Think Vodka and Cranberry or Tequila.
If you're eating out order something remotely healthy.
Stop smoking weed socially or anything else

I'm wondering whats up with the beer issue? From what I've seen, people actually getting fat from drinking beer are also lazy slobs with shit diets. I'm pretty much known as the beer drinker in my circle, though I don't drink quite as much as I used to. I'm also pretty skinny (if I was a fighter I wouldn't be cutting fat) Beer has a lot more fluid than most drinks(hydration), and doesn't have the sugar of hard liquor and juice or soda. Especially if you drink light beer.. 100cal a pop, a good night you might drink 10 or 15 (maybe less if you're not much of a drinker) A shot of liquor has about 80 calories, plus whatever you mix it with (8oz of juice or soda is at least another 100-140 calories) 7 light beers has about as much alcohol as 8 shots of 80 proof liquor.

I'm wondering whats up with the beer issue? From what I've seen, people actually getting fat from drinking beer are also lazy slobs with shit diets. I'm pretty much known as the beer drinker in my circle, though I don't drink quite as much as I used to. I'm also pretty skinny (if I was a fighter I wouldn't be cutting fat) Beer has a lot more fluid than most drinks(hydration), and doesn't have the sugar of hard liquor and juice or soda. Especially if you drink light beer.. 100cal a pop, a good night you might drink 10 or 15 (maybe less if you're not much of a drinker) A shot of liquor has about 80 calories, plus whatever you mix it with (8oz of juice or soda is at least another 100-140 calories) 7 light beers has about as much alcohol as 8 shots of 80 proof liquor.

why would you drink light beer if you are going to drink beer

drink real beer after 4 you should be feeling good instead of 15

thats all very well to say that John , but what if you really enjoy a swallie and the beavy in general?

Plus you might not have been brought up in the binge drinking culture that is the norm in the UK. its hard man.

Well, then if you really enjoy it it should be okay.

I know it's not easy, Viper. That's why I said, "If it were easy to do it, then everybody would." Unfortunately, your body doesn't know that you come from a drinking culture. It only knows what you put in and what it's going to do with that. It's up to you to make the decision how bad you want it.

As far as coming from a "binge drinking culture," I have alcoholics up and down my family tree, but I never saw them as instructive of how to live my life. Their behavior has inspired a "this is what not to do" mentality in me, although I admit that wasn't always the case.

why would you drink light beer if you are going to drink beer

drink real beer after 4 you should be feeling good instead of 15

Most light beer is 4.2% alcohol. Most full beer is 4.8-5% alcohol. A light beer has about 100 calories each, most full beer has about 150-160 calories, and most dark beers have about 180-200 calories. The ratio of alcohol:calories is much better for light beer.

Also, 4 of any beer, unless they are quarts of beer, really isn't going to do much of anything for me, maybe I'm an alcoholic... at the bar I'll probably drink 2-3 pitchers if I'm getting sloshed (60oz each) which is equal to 5 cans per. If I get Killians Irish Red (relatively dark, full beer, 5% alcohol), I'll still drink two pitchers.. maybe a tad more.

edit: Ian, most light beer has less than 5g of carbs. So if you have 15 beers, thats about 300 calories from carbohydrates. Thats less than the calories from carbs in two or three rum and cokes or vodka and cranberry juice.

Most light beer is 4.2% alcohol. Most full beer is 4.8-5% alcohol. A light beer has about 100 calories each, most full beer has about 150-160 calories, and most dark beers have about 180-200 calories. The ratio of alcohol:calories is much better for light beer.

Also, 4 of any beer, unless they are quarts of beer, really isn't going to do much of anything for me, maybe I'm an alcoholic... at the bar I'll probably drink 2-3 pitchers if I'm getting sloshed (60oz each) which is equal to 5 cans per. If I get Killians Irish Red (relatively dark, full beer, 5% alcohol), I'll still drink two pitchers.. maybe a tad more.

edit: Ian, most light beer has less than 5g of carbs. So if you have 15 beers, thats about 300 calories from carbohydrates. Thats less than the calories from carbs in two or three rum and cokes or vodka and cranberry juice.

I guess I go for the 7-12% alcoholic beer.

I tend to stay away from the really shitty food, but I can completely agree with you on the whole booze thing. Trick I have been doing is have a glass of water and do shots for the actual drinking part. That has worked pretty well for me in terms of not ruining myself too much.

From what I read, it seems like your only concern when it comes to booze is the fact that it contains empty calories.

But what about performance? Do you think it fucks your brain up(reflexes, speed, accuracy, recovery)?

From what I read, it seems like your only concern when it comes to booze is the fact that it contains empty calories.

But what about performance? Do you think it fucks your brain up(reflexes, speed, accuracy, recovery)?

That and it dehydrates you...which could easily ruin a workout.

10 - 15 drinks on Saturday night probably won't make a permanent, irreversible difference in strength or speed. I lose all motivation to work out if I drink the night before, and it screws my meals up because I sleep until 10 am or later.

One night out probably won't mess you up permanently, but if you party your ass off 3 times a week you'll probably notice that you can't perform as well for the next few days and that the calories add up.

I don't really party (maybe drink a lot once every three months), so it's not a problem.

One of my biggest and still recurring problems (though i've gotten lots better) . Train hard on the weekdays, and once friday hits and im outta that gym, damn, i turn into a slob. Sleep at 5 am, smoke some blunts, drink beers.

What really screws me up is sleeping so late, i wake up at like 4-5 pm the next day and only eat like 1 1/2 meals. LOL. then its back to the gym. Really hard to keep up with that kinda weekend lifestyle.

Back