International Tragedy at sea claims 31 lives in deadliest day of Channel crisis

Terrible tragedy, I hate hearing about this stuff.

On the other hand, I also despise illegal immigration.

If governments (Hello, America) would immediately deport any attempted illegal immigrant, instead of giving them handouts for life, this shit would stop immediately.
Yes all poverty would stop if it wasn't for "handouts" and everything would be great.

French police apparently stood by and watched these migrants load up. That's why the UK are keen to get British patrols on the French side. I doubt the French will go for it though because if they really are letting the migrants go unchallenged they don't want the UK to find out on what scale and it would mean more migrants stuck in France.

50913229-10238171-At_least_27_migrants_have_drowned_in_the_Channel_attempting_to_c-a-10_1637830583577.jpg

Thats a nice inflatable boat, definitely a bit more than a dingey, those are some decent life vests, and there isn’t a single woman or child in that group.

These people dying at sea is a tragedy, there’s no way this should happen, even though I think this whole asylum thing is like 99% manufactured bullshit.

The real question is why are they fleeing France

They believe the welfare benefits are better in UK, it's almost like a religious mythos among the migrants: reach the UK, and you've made it. Truly parasites. I would pick France's better weather anytime, but they would actually need to get a job apparently - the horror.

nobody really cares.

We care. Its just that, well, if you choose to get in a dinghy and try to smuggle yourself into another country by crossing what is technically a part of the atlantic ocean without any knowledge of seamanship, in the middle of winter, this is what can (and will) happen.
Not much to say, really.
Except that the money the migrants (or whoever is funding them) spent on heavy-duty inflatable boats and life vests could have been better spent elsewhere.
The way the multiculti juntas of Europe are dealing with the migrant influx is beyond hypocritical at this point. They deal with the inevitable fallout by passing blame back and forth, suppressing knowledge and discourse, then ultimately just sticking their heads into the sand and ignoring it.
The rest of us are blasé at this point. This has been going on for decades.

The real question is why are they fleeing France
Because they can't get asylum in the EU as they entered illegally. So their only choice for asylum is the UK. We are trying to make it harder for those who enter illegally to gain asylum but it's still easier in the UK.
They believe the welfare benefits are better in UK, it's almost like a religious mythos among the migrants: reach the UK, and you've made it. Truly parasites. I would pick France's better weather anytime, but they would actually need to get a job apparently - the horror.
It's not just benefits it is the chance of working in the black economy. They can't work in the EU because they don't have ID cards but we don't have that system here.

Because they can't get asylum in the EU as they entered illegally. So their only choice for asylum is the UK. We are trying to make it harder for those who enter illegally to gain asylum but it's still easier in the UK.

It's not just benefits it is the chance of working in the black economy. They can't work in the EU because they don't have ID cards but we don't have that system here.

I imagine it's also a question of where they friends and family that have established themselves. Once you get a sizeable migrant population, and they've aquired some social connections and a bit of disposable income, and they are keen to bring in some more of their kind, you get an additional pull factor to deal with. Eventually immigrants won't even need citizenship or any social bennies. They'll just sustain themselves via (like you say) an extensive black market economy, a virtual parallel society built up by millions of unchecked migrants.

These people dying at sea is a tragedy, there’s no way this should happen, even though I think this whole asylum thing is like 99% manufactured bullshit.

A lot of them end up getting asylum though so it cant be manufactured bullshit really can it. The UK asylum system is apparently considered favourable to refugees and is a big reason that theyre coming here. It would be a sad day if we one day closed the asylum system all together, but even then i dont think it would stop people attempting the crossing. Making it more difficult to get through will make the routes more dangerous as we're seeing now with the lorry route having been tightened up in recent years.

If conditions in their home countries arent bad enough, global warming is going to make a lot of places literally uninhabitable and push a lot more people across the continents. This is more than just a crisis and is going to be one of the major challenges we face in the near future. Boris Johnson and Priti Patel certainly aint solving it..

Where are they crossing from and why? The other side of the English channel is France. The other countries east of the UK are also first world countries. Why is the UK so much better for them that they'd risk the journey? Is the UK softer on migrants than those other nations?

Where are they crossing from and why? The other side of the English channel is France. The other countries east of the UK are also first world countries. Why is the UK so much better for them that they'd risk the journey? Is the UK softer on migrants than those other nations?

It’s a legal thing. It’s the same thing is illegal immigrants that pass through the US with the intention of getting to Canada. It’s not that Canada is safer or better than the US, it’s that their asylum claim has a better chance of success.

A lot of them end up getting asylum though so it cant be manufactured bullshit really can it. The UK asylum system is apparently considered favourable to refugees and is a big reason that theyre coming here. It would be a sad day if we one day closed the asylum system all together, but even then i dont think it would stop people attempting the crossing. Making it more difficult to get through will make the routes more dangerous as we're seeing now with the lorry route having been tightened up in recent years.

If conditions in their home countries arent bad enough, global warming is going to make a lot of places literally uninhabitable and push a lot more people across the continents. This is more than just a crisis and is going to be one of the major challenges we face in the near future. Boris Johnson and Priti Patel certainly aint solving it..

I kind of disagree with some of what you’ve posted but it would be too lengthy to break it all down. I should have been more clear in my post that these people have clearly traversed several nations to finally attempt the sea crossing the the UK. That to me seems a bit ridiculous. If you are is such danger that you absolutely must flee your home, you should stop at the first safe place you can find. They’ve crossed through at least 1 nation in the EU already and probably several others in Northern Africa/mid-east that should be plenty safe. And we’ve already seen the history of NGO’s essentially shipping migrants to wherever from wherever. That’s my problem. Not to mention that many are economic asylum seekers, not people who are in actual physical danger, some look for a chance to sneak in, make some money and then bring their family, if they care to. The fact that some are granted asylum doesn’t really make their claims more or less valid, imo. I’m not lacking sympathy for actual asylum seekers or refugees at all, but it’s often not as cut and dry as “they were in danger and found their way here”

I imagine it's also a question of where they friends and family that have established themselves. Once you get a sizeable migrant population, and they've aquired some social connections and a bit of disposable income, and they are keen to bring in some more of their kind, you get an additional pull factor to deal with. Eventually immigrants won't even need citizenship or any social bennies. They'll just sustain themselves via (like you say) an extensive black market economy, a virtual parallel society built up by millions of unchecked migrants.
Oh sure, if their countrymen or even more so their family are already there then that will attract them. And also the same rumours they've heard about the UK being a good place to move will be circulating in people from that country.

You know you ain't got shit, when your first reply is a strawman.

Thank you, come again.
You obviously have zero clue what a strawman is beyond osmotic parroting and it's really rich that your reply is yet another empty platitude to match your vacuous skull.

You claimed people would stop fleeing shithole poor areas for nice areas with jobs and nice things if "handouts" ended and I sarcastically rephrased what you said to highlight what a moron you are.

I'm excited to hear what brilliance comes next from your keyboard.

When illegal migrants enter the EU they get fingerprinted. And now they can't apply for asylum, because they came in illegally, it's the Dublin regulation. BUT in the UK you can still apply for asylum even if you got in by non-legal methods. They are looking at changing the law on that.

When illegal migrants enter the EU they get fingerprinted. And now they can't apply for asylum, because they came in illegally, it's the Dublin regulation. BUT in the UK you can still apply for asylum even if you got in by non-legal methods. They are looking at changing the law on that.
They fingerprint them, but don't turn them around at the border? Seems weird that it's like "hey! You're here illegally. Come put your thumb on this. Ok, now you're free to go about your business."

They fingerprint them, but don't turn them around at the border? Seems weird that it's like "hey! You're here illegally. Come put your thumb on this. Ok, now you're free to go about your business."

They can claim asylum. However the law in the EU is you must claim asylum in the first country you enter. So let’s say you enter via Malta or Sardinia/Italy you claim there. If you then try and jump to Germany and claim asylum once your finger print identifies you’ve already been elsewhere your application is automatically denied

Macon saying he won't let the canal turn into a grave yard which is Bullshit. Both sides love the fact that canal acts as a deadly barrier. England has less dregs to sort out when they reach land and France has less dregs to sort out when England sends them back.

The only way it changes is if countries revamp their asylum policies to a point where they don't have to process all applications or have zero tolerance for people from certain regions. Giving seekers hope will just encourage them.

Back