International Tragedy at sea claims 31 lives in deadliest day of Channel crisis

panem-et-circenses

In the garden
Reaction score
“At least 31 people including five women and a young girl have died trying to cross the Channel to the UK in an inflatable dinghy, officials say, in what is the deadliest incident since the current crisis began.”

Boris Johnson, who held a Cobra meeting on Wednesday to discuss the incident, said he was “appalled” by the tragedy. He then suggested the French government had not always approached the problem of the crossings “in a way we think the situation deserves”.

The French interior minister, Gérald Darmanin, told an impromptu news conference in Calais that the boat that sank had been “very frail”, and compared it to “a pool you blow up in your garden”.

So far this year 25,700 people have reached the UK on small boats, more than three times the 2020 total”

this is sad. RIP to those lost.

bad week for Johnson, too. Bad couple weeks. He seems to have no answers for a great many of topics, and conservatives are getting weary.

Does Europe not have any coast guard? Anybody patrolling their borders? How are people entering Europe via lifeboat and a paddle?

How's Spain this time of year?
Gorgeous
Patricia-Yurena-Rodriguez1.jpg

1D274906639901-today-rodriguez-140824-01.jpg

Terrible tragedy, I hate hearing about this stuff.

On the other hand, I also despise illegal immigration.

If governments (Hello, America) would immediately deport any attempted illegal immigrant, instead of giving them handouts for life, this shit would stop immediately.

Terrible tragedy, I hate hearing about this stuff.

On the other hand, I also despise illegal immigration.

If governments (Hello, America) would immediately deport any attempted illegal immigrant, instead of giving them handouts for life, this shit would stop immediately.
This ^^^^^

“At least 31 people including five women and a young girl have died trying to cross the Channel to the UK in an inflatable dinghy, officials say, in what is the deadliest incident since the current crisis began.”

So far this year 25,700 people have reached the UK on small boats, more than three times the 2020 total”

this is sad. RIP to those lost.

bad week for Johnson, too. Bad couple weeks. He seems to have no answers for a great many of topics, and conservatives are getting weary.

The language is misleading , although they might set of in them not many reach here solely by small boats , they increasingly rely on being rescued by RNLI lifeboats or Border Force cutters soon after they set of from France .

31 people and out of those on the raft only 5 were women?

Guys escape 3rd world while leaving their women to struggle in poverty... What a shame.

R.I.P. to the deceased.

Last edited:
If your survival strategy is 'someone is gonna save me' you've made a blunder. So who's to blame? That's a long list from from the NGOs playing ferry service to the open borders fools to foreign adventurism.. No matter what, it's foolish to think encouraging the third world to head on over to Europe is a viable solution to whatever issues are going on. The smallest continent with the lowest population can't play host to the third world..

It's a shocking tragedy and one that everybody though was inevitable.

It's sad that it's becoming a political football between Britain and France as politicians pander to their bases on both sides of the channel.

France needs to step up here. It's not as if these people carried a boat from Syria to Normandy on their backs. Its local criminals facilitating this.

Also, it's deeply ironic that Britain passed a Brexit referendum largely off the back of anti-immigrant fearmongering and that very Brexit has resulted in an increase of immigrants coming to Britain.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Back