Social Toy Collectors Thread

174301322f4a4161976a9f5dc215f6bdlg.jpg

Itching to order this Bandai Entry Grade SSJB Vegeta even though it's basically a simple model kit statue. Looks nice and should stand stably. No idea how tall it is. Probably very small.
hqdefault.jpg

Jada Metal Figs G.I. Joe
Never bought these before. They'd make good board game pieces. Curious what scale they are.

Last edited:

Itching to order this Bandai Entry Grade SSJB Vegeta even though it's basically a simple model kit statue. Looks nice and should stand stably. No idea how tall it is. Probably very small.
hqdefault.jpg

Jada Metal Figs G.I. Joe
Never bought these before. They'd make good board game pieces. Curious what scale they are.

Those look like coffee beans so I'd say they'd be perfect for board games! :)

So today was some big Star Wars fan something or other reveal with a bunch of fan sites. Looks like a new Mando Beskar Armor Black Series, Carbonized Boba Fett 6" (pass), TVC K-2SO pre-order sold out, some ewok chief, a named clone trooper.

Destro pre-order also seems sold out.

Finally watched Rise of Skywalker on the blu ray. I would have guessed Sith Trooper, Zorii Bliss, and Knights of Ren would have had bigger roles since they had action figures made of them, but they were barely even shown at all in the movie.

Looks like new P-Bandai USA S.H. Figuarts SSJB Vegito is $60 and Zamasu $58. Didn't see anything about shipping cost.

I saw on the Apple News feed that if you order 3 Uniqlo Gundam anniversary t-shirts (around $15 each) starting 4/10, you get a free Uniqlo red & white or red & black color scheme RX-78 or Zaku gunpla that looks cheap rinky dink but the box seems to say High Grade. If you buy 6 t-shirts, you could choose both kits. The t-shirt designs mostly look shitty. The kits didn't look as nicely detailed as the latest HG or HG Revive.

I saw on the Apple News feed that if you order 3 Uniqlo Gundam anniversary t-shirts (around $15 each) starting 4/10, you get a free Uniqlo red & white or red & black color scheme RX-78 or Zaku gunpla that looks cheap rinky dink but the box seems to say High Grade. If you buy 6 t-shirts, you could choose both kits. The t-shirt designs mostly look shitty. The kits didn't look as nicely detailed as the latest HG or HG Revive.

Link please! :)

hqdefault.jpg

Jada Metal Figs G.I. Joe
Not a huge fan of the surfboard based. If those are coffee beans, they look like a pretty small scale to me.

Finally watched Rise of Skywalker on the blu ray. I would have guessed Sith Trooper, Zorii Bliss, and Knights of Ren would have had bigger roles since they had action figures made of them, but they were barely even shown at all in the movie.

Well thats a staple of the series since way back in the OT. Great character designs that do nothing in the films but get figures, all the weird aliens in Jabbas palace got figures, the Royal guards,etc.

I think it has gotten worse in the new films with all the storm trooper variants . Even guys that look like they are important do nothing like Captain Phasma.

Solo had some highway patrol looking storm troopers thta were like 2 seconds on the film.

apiuwpwvc__11242.1538431244.jpg

I think I saw a scalper on Amazon try to sell the $39.99 Toy Show 6" Deluxe Snake Eyes for $179.

There's also an asshole trying to sell lame green 3D printed Buddha and other lame shit and put the words "6 inch G.I. Joe" in product description to try to piggyback off of the current buzz.

Finished building Bandai Figure-rise Final Form Frieza. I probably won't be buying anymore of these kits. All the joints were way too loose, so even with his tail and wide feet, hard to stand by itself.

Finished building Bandai Figure-rise Final Form Frieza. I probably won't be buying anymore of these kits. All the joints were way too loose, so even with his tail and wide feet, hard to stand by itself.

Thanks for the heads up on the quality. They can do better than that!

Thanks for the heads up on the quality. They can do better than that!
I could have swore the recent Gundam HG used some polycap joints so they weren't loose. I think the Figure-rise either uses some different polystryrene or coating to give it a low friction feel and I think it interferes with gluing/welding the parts. I think it's supposed to be snap on, but you'll need glue because stuff separates while posing. Based on the pic showing all the sprues, it's only polystyrene and then ABS for display stand parts.

I suppose if I really wanted to risk fixing the loose joints, I could try scrubbing the slick surface or putting on some coating of something to add friction.

The stuff I've seen at Walmart is way better than the nonarticulated one piece rubber figures from WWF days.

I mean there is some nice modern Mattel stuff, mainly Elites, but I do have a lot of Rubber LJNs but mainly my collection is the plastic WWF hasbros. what do you collect or buy?

I mean there is some nice modern Mattel stuff, mainly Elites, but I do have a lot of Rubber LJNs but mainly my collection is the plastic WWF hasbros. what do you collect or buy?
Nope. Not even motivated to track down a Sgt. Slaughter to go with the upcoming 6" G.I. Joe Classified series. I did see Ultimate Warrior and wasn't motivated to buy, but would have loved to have that as a kid.

Back