Social Toy Collectors Thread

Finished assembling Figure-rise Standard Piccolo. Looks very good. Joints are loose, but tight enough to stand by himself... for now. Will try to order Final Form Frieza after rewatching a youtube review. Might order Perfect Cell later.

For now, the superior appearance outweighs the lack of durability because I'm not exactly going to bash them against each other, but just display in whatever pose it's capable of.

Saw the Dragon Stars Bardock in the store and it looked really good. The pics online looked like legs a bit too long.

Dragon Stars SSJ Vegeta v2 looks bad in person and online. Makes me wonder if the sculptor even watched DBZ.

Just grabbed this from my local target cause it was only 8$.

GUEST_399aa858-68bb-4fe4-9729-35a032516eaf

GUEST_20ec8560-d7b5-4194-926b-f1ab41fabf5f

It's massive

Saw a rumor today re: Storm & Thunderbird 2 pack Marvel Legends due around late August. Assuming it's the Giant Sized X-Men first appearance Storm. I think the rumor suggested Banshee is single release, if it comes.

Decided to order Dragon Stars Perfect Cell, but still might order Figure-rise which looks thicker. Also saw a video showing these Dragon Stars heads aren't really compatible with each other for the most part. The head ball hole is either too big or too small. I'd like to get a long haired Trunks on a blue Cell era Vegeta. Seems I'm done with Dragon Stars for now until they release other good characters with good likenesses or I see something marginal dirt cheap.

Saw people post Walgreens has more than Marvel Legends 50% off for their loyalty card members, but three stores here only had crap or nothing and only one had a sign, but it was clearly ransacked and left in a mess.

Looks like the box is too small. Did you have to assemble it?

Yeah. The tail and fins need to be assembled to make it completed. Same thing with the Broncosois.

I watched a youtube video where this DBZ fan pointed out Bandai America was asking fans for suggestions on what Dragon Stars DBZ figure from the entire character roster they want and to do #bandai and let them know on social media.

I wouldn't mind having:

SSJ Trunks in Vegeta armor from Cell era (both SSJ ponytail & uber buff with crazy porcupine SSJ hair)
SSJ Goku & Gohan in Vegeta armor
Kid Gohan in Saiyajin armor from Freeza era
Tenshinhan from Cell era
Taurus from movie
Supai (sour) Man from Dr. Slump crossover
A few Cell Juniors
Buff Mutenroshi from Dragon Ball

I saw there are Japanese plastic model kits coming for Mospeada (Robotech Next/New Generation?) motorcycle armor and the fighter jet which I think was in a big scale.

Was surprised to see Mega Construx Masters of the Universe minifig single packs of Prince Adam, Skeletor, Mossman, Stratos, Evilyn at Walmart. I thought an employee posted they clearanced their Mega Construx out and weren't carrying them anymore. Also had Call of Duty single packs and Lego DC CMF blind bags.

Saw Dragon Stars Final Form Cooler in the store and I think he's probably quite bigger than the normal characters. Maybe not quite Marvel Legends Hulk sized.

I saw today there's going to be Super Mario Lego sets. Historic! Nintendo crossing over with Lego.

Been going through this thread and just imagining how much $$ we wasted as kids destroying all these collectibles.lol

And thought what this would be worth or if anyone has? is it even real?

SovietSuperman.jpg

Been going through this thread and just imagining how much $$ we wasted as kids destroying all these collectibles.lol

SovietSuperman.jpg

It's 100% real.

It's an action figure based on an alternate story of IF Superman's rocket landed in Soviet Ukraine instead of Kansas.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264579601382

$75.00 on Ebay if it's still in the box.

SovietSuperman.jpg

Red son superman.

maxresdefault.jpg

dcdielse2acf__90865.1519943009.jpg

Recently they adapted the story in to a animated film.

I've seen the DC McFarlane 7" a bunch of times in stores. The Detective Comics Batman is always in a sorta gay "don't go there" pose and Superman always in an old man bad posture pose. I want to buy at least one, but they don't look really "super". If I see the Arkham Asylum Batman, I might buy that since I liked the armor in the video game.

Mostly done assembling my Bandai SDCS chibi Mazinger Z plastic model. Looks cool like from Super Famicom Super Robot Wars. I think with the Gundam SDCS, you need to buy the inner frame separately. Not sure if I want to buy anymore of these. A SDCS Raideen or Getta Robo would be good additions for Super Robot Wars.

Bought a Hot Wheels Star Wars Slave I, and was surprised to see it in stores twice since I don't think I ever saw the Hot Wheels Razor Crest in stores.

Last edited:
I saw somewhere had S.H. Figuarts Street Fighter Ryu for 50% off so around $25, but sold out online. I probably would have bought that. I don't think I've seen SHF that cheap... except maybe unwanted Harry Potter characters.

Heard a short podcast and then saw screenshot leaks reporting G.I. Joe retro line coming to Walmart and based on the price, I'm guessing 3 3/4" scale. I hope they improved upon the o-ring design where the o-ring breaks. Looks like a H.I.S.S. Tank coming too.

Back