Social Toy Collectors Thread

I saw a bunch of cheap SD Gundam plastic model kits are being re-released after July. Might need to order a SD Kampfer.

Heard a short podcast and then saw screenshot leaks reporting G.I. Joe retro line coming to Walmart and based on the price, I'm guessing 3 3/4" scale. I hope they improved upon the o-ring design where the o-ring breaks. Looks like a H.I.S.S. Tank coming too.

I hope they are more like imporved modern 3 3'4' figures and not based on the OG molds and sculpts. During the last few lines (POC, 30th. 50th) the line reached pretty good levels of detail and articulation.

4953a953d2addc27a227a72fa7fb6b6b.jpg

09-PoC-Low-Light-a__scaled_800.jpg

Snake-Eyes-2011-06_1300231598.jpg

IMG-20200316-223454219-HDR-2.jpg

No idea if this is a custom Quick Kick or coming soon. Looks good. That's not Namor's torso.

Amazon has Dragon Stars Mystic Gohan, #17, and maybe Frieza First Form for 50% off or more.

Mondo releasing this. Must buy for me.

I have nothing to shiw, because i stupidly got rod of all i had collected in 2009. But my story is interestung, if only youre also a big geek dweeb dork like me.

So i grew up in the 80s. Didnt keep any of my childhood toys. Got notalgoc in 2001 and went on ebay and bought a lot of MOTU. Had them for a month and got bored and just relisted them and sold them, but for some reason the bids went twice as high and i made a small profit. Maybe i had better pictures of the same thing. Who knows. Anyways, this began a thing where i bought lots of old toys off ebay and resold them on ebay by piecing out the individual figures. I made a shit ton of money doing this from 2002 to 2009. That was my only job lol.

You cant do the same anymore. Prices are so high now and there were plentiful lots all over ebay still for auction in the mid 2000s. Nothing like it is today. So i have a littlw but of ocd and while i was making money i started collectimg one of each thing for a personal collection (mostly mint). So by 2009 i had amassed:

Complete sets:

MOTU (2 sets) also had an eternia playset new in box. Had all the variants scraglow staff, blue webstor gun.. all that crap
Thundercats (even had toungeasaurus l ol l)
Blackstar
Crystar
Cops n crooks
Star Wars x3 (78 -1985)
Wwf hasbro (had hogan and ut mailaways)
Sectaurs
Dc Super powers
Secret wars
Wwf LJN
AWA remco
Some lesser known stuff like warrior beasts and motu knockoffs
Probably more i cant think of. I never got into gi joe or transformers though.

The point of this is to display my stupiditybfor selling them all in 2009. I just decided to get rid of everything and listed each set as its own collection and in a weekend off of like 15 to 20 auctions i made 18k. Now if i had held on to those collections and pieced them out individually today i would probably make well over 100k. And who knows in 10 to 20 years as this stuff becomes scarce. And if i had held on to everything i had ever bought (countless MOC and loose stuff) id have over a million dollars in figures today. Lol. Oh well.

Heard a short podcast and then saw screenshot leaks reporting G.I. Joe retro line coming to Walmart and based on the price, I'm guessing 3 3/4" scale. I hope they improved upon the o-ring design where the o-ring breaks. Looks like a H.I.S.S. Tank coming too.
@Gutter Chris you needed to know this.

I saw that somewhere online when I was on the can the other night .

Good. The 6 inch ones really piss me off

Too bad well probably all be dead before we get to play with them
What's this "we" shit. I'm outliving everyone outta spite.

At least you're not likely to get the coronavirus via made in China action figures because the virus likely won't survive the duration of shipping here and there then to you.

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Arkham-Asylum-Batman-Promo-03.jpeg

I thought I wanted to buy this DC McFarlane Batman Arkham Asylum 7", but something doesn't look quite right. Maybe the ears too long. Maybe I should wait for Arkham City or Origins or Knight.

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Arkham-Asylum-Batman-Promo-03.jpeg

I thought I wanted to buy this DC McFarlane Batman Arkham Asylum 7", but something doesn't look quite right. Maybe the ears too long. Maybe I should wait for Arkham City or Origins or Knight.

I am disappointed in all the McFarlane DC line. I wish Neca got the license.

4904810108979_2.jpg

Itching to order this Tomica Premium F-35 1/164 scale even though I have a Hasegawa 1/72 not fully completed.

I'm not aware of Tomica making any other fighter jets in 1/164 scale. Can't really just order one. It needs a rival.

Rushed to pre-order G.I. Joe Classified Destro 6" this morning. Looks good.

I've seen a MAFEX Batman Hush in blue & gray and black & gray and both look great just like Jim Lee art. This might be what makes me dive into MAFEX.

I am disappointed in all the McFarlane DC line. I wish Neca got the license.

All the figures have something that looks off so far, scale is all over the place Harley and Batgirl are too tall.

Last edited:
Back