Total Gym

joey roastbeef

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
My old man just got a total gym. Hes got a bad back and cant really do weights. I was using it yesterday and doing the exercise for the triceps and shoulders like Chuck Norris is doing in his commericial. I had the incline second or third from the top and my triceps are sore today. Any body else use total gym? If so, what kind of exercises you do on what incline. I know your not going to get big with this thing but i got a decent workout.

I like doing sled pulling with the total gym.

Don't quote me on this, but I think Urban said he does pistols and rickdog clean and jerks with the total gym. Evil Eye Gouger does weighted pull-ups with the total gym and Taylor eats CBH while sitting on the total gym. Diesel Wiesel proved that you can in fact have bad form while using the total gym and Hulkamania runs wild on the total gym.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA.

best workout you're going to get with a total gym? Wrap a chain around it and drag it around your yard.

joey roastbeef said:
My old man just got a total gym. Hes got a bad back and cant really do weights. I was using it yesterday and doing the exercise for the triceps and shoulders like Chuck Norris is doing in his commericial. I had the incline second or third from the top and my triceps are sore today. Any body else use total gym? If so, what kind of exercises you do on what incline. I know your not going to get big with this thing but i got a decent workout.

To each's own, but yes he can do weights.

Just don't anything involving high intensity, weight, or powerlifting.

Fedorable said:
Don't quote me on this, but I think Urban said he does pistols and rickdog clean and jerks with the total gym. Evil Eye Gouger does weighted pull-ups with the total gym and Taylor eats CBH while sitting on the total gym. Diesel Wiesel proved that you can in fact have bad form while using the total gym and Hulkamania runs wild on the total gym.
LMFAO

I can push press the total gym for 5 reps. It's true.

Barut said:
I can push press the total gym for 5 reps. It's true.

move this post to the PR thread.

Urban said:
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA.

best workout you're going to get with a total gym? Wrap a chain around it and drag it around your yard.

Exactly, those bulky dudes in the commercial are paid weightlifters and the Total Gym is for women. End of Thread.

I have never used one but I have seen the commercial.
They make a big point about being able to work your way up to an iron cross. I don't think it's possible, but if you attached weights to it it may help. With enough weight attached it might be good for a few arm excercises.

Besides that a total gym would only be good for an old geriatric, or a fat slob, but it would be too dangerous for them, and the fall would fuck them.

My mom bought one and it sits in the basement collecting dust because I know better than to touch such things.

Fedorable said:
Correction:

I do weighted pistols standing next to my TotalGym (tm).

Then I do weighted pullups hanging above it.

Oh, and I tape a pair of shinpads onto it and then kick it. For shins.

Wow at the ignorance in this thread. The total gym is a replica of a physical therapy machine that happens to be very effective at what it does. Using ones own bodyweight as resistance on an incline is a very good way to train against resistance. Granted, most machines out there are stupid gimmicks but the total gym is legit. It wont replace weights or other forms of resistance training but it definitely has its place.

gungfudisciple said:
but it definitely has its place.

Most of the time this place is covered with dust in the cellar :icon_chee

gungfudisciple said:
Wow at the ignorance in this thread. The total gym is a replica of a physical therapy machine that happens to be very effective at what it does. Using ones own bodyweight as resistance on an incline is a very good way to train against resistance. Granted, most machines out there are stupid gimmicks but the total gym is legit. It wont replace weights or other forms of resistance training but it definitely has its place.

so what your saying is that it is a very good physical therapy machine then

ie where people have been injured and need to build up to their old strengths. Which would make one assume that for a healthy adult it is pretty redundant

graedy said:
Most of the time this place is covered with dust in the cellar :icon_chee

zing!

gungfudisciple said:

i'll take two please.:redface:

Ian1983 said:
so what your saying is that it is a very good physical therapy machine then

ie where people have been injured and need to build up to their old strengths. Which would make one assume that for a healthy adult it is pretty redundant

It is also good for hitting muscles in a way thats different from any other excercise. The variet of angles and full range of motion allowed gives it an obvious benefit to the person who doesnt think they already know/do it all.

I tried the total gym at a mall once and yeah, it was pretty easy but I always thought it had rehabilitative uses.

Dude, you gonna be bad ass like Chuck Norris, Total Gym gives you nasty speed barrier breaking roundhouse kicks.

Back