• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Topuria. How good is this guy?

wolfss

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Is he really that good. Cus I rewatched the fight vs Volk and he walked him down badly. In the lead up they were talking about him being in wrestling since he was very young. Volk is a little machine, was he off that night? or is Topuria the real deal?

He was good. Volk become Usman, looks cautious because threat of knockout by punchers chance.

Flash in the pan

Isn’t it funny how we ask questions like “how good is the champion of the best, most competitive promotion in the sport (that btw just knocked out a world champion considered one of the greatest of all time in his division)”?

He's undefeated, and just dethroned one of the greatest fighters his division has ever seen in order to become a champ. I'd say he's that good. I do still have some questions about him overall, though, but time will tell if he's long reigning champ, or just an intermediary one. Regardless, you need to be very high level to achieve what he's already achieved.

From what I had seen of him I thought he would not get past Yair and Holloway or Emmett
I had to look that up. I don't think Topuria has fought Holloway.

Volkanovski's team saw something in Topuria that made them create an entire game plan to steer clear of his "puncher's chance," and he STILL got caught. 10+ weeks down the drain.

He's really good. He recently beat Volk without using a single groin strike.

<{katwhu}>

Preety good but after the volk win some have propelled him as some kind of indestructible force who can't be beaten I say pump the fkn breaks a little bit

Ilia has fantastic boxing, particularly inside the pocket and in close exchanges. He was able to cut the octagon well enough to get Volk against the cage.

Ortega succeeding would mean his attritional nonexistent head movement style eats all of Topurias shots and he finds a way to choke him out. Not outside the realm of possibility considering how he almost subbed Volk twice while half dead.

Back