Topeka Cop Shoots Family Dog ( Body Cam Video)

A person's choice and rights shouldn't be dictated based on how a cop might react when showing up lol. This is 'Murica, land of the free. Love it or leave it.

Not sure if serious but that choice's only purpose is to make cops rush to your house expecting danger, you can't expect cops to be extra careful about a dog that's charging at them while something more important might be going on in the house.

hit the dog with a baton or taser lmao man you have NO clue on handling a dangerous situation .. must be real ez to monday morning QB from your keyboard...

Or, you know, people could choose between having a guardian dog and an alarm system made to make policemen come to their places.

Yep, reversing generations of breeding and cognitive development is really easy. I guess dogs should just be able to be killed on sight--- that's the expense of having any modern form of home defense.

hit the dog with a baton or taser lmao man you have NO clue on handling a dangerous situation .. must be real ez to monday morning QB from your keyboard...

Don't you know, man? The best way to engage a charging dog which, for all you know, will bite you, is to engage it up close and personal

Yep, reversing generations of breeding and cognitive development is really easy. I guess dogs should just be able to be killed on sight--- that's the expense of having any modern form of home defense.

Just chose between the two or expect such consequences.

Or, you know, people could choose between having a guardian dog and an alarm system made to make policemen come to their places.

Ok so if i want an alarm AND a dog i have to accept that the police might murder my dog if my alarm accidentally goes off ? That sounds much better than coming up with a non lethal solution.:rolleyes:

thats a full grown pitbull on full attack mode. the cop did the right thing. when people understand a pitbull is not a pet the better the world will be.

Hearing about dogs getting shot makes me sick. And when my dog was alive if someone hurt him they would get the same or much worse. But with that said, I do not understand why people keep getting pitbulls. Many are vicious or are stolen to be converted into vicious fighting dogs. And the ones that aren't vicious are going to be presumed vicious by anyone that doesn't know them.

And if you have a home security system and an attack guard dog that is a pitbull, here is an idea, don't leave the fucking dog outside when you bought a system for people to show up with guns if an alarm gets triggered and you know your dog will attack a stranger it perceives as a trespasser. Bad luck and poor choices and decisions by the owner is what got that dog killed.

i know tommy wants us to throw down with an unknown pitbull that could rip out someones throat because he "wuvs da animals" cop had less than 2 seconds to react.. and tommy wants the cop to ponder all the possibilities ..moronic ..i saw pits in brooklyn back when i was a cop with vocal cords cut and nails removed so we didnt hear them coming .. seen more than my share of dog shootings and every single one was 100% justified... people>pets

When a cop shoots a dog, you get both the "why didn't he shoot him in the leg" type of people along with the irrational dog lovers to get a double dose of stupid.

lol @ "why didn't he hit the dog with a baton"

Lol at the irrationally scared of dogs people thinking that a baton wouldnt work 99% of the time. A stun gun ? Taser ? How about waiting for backup if this situation is so dangerous that you had to have your gun drawn. This pussy cop could just as easily killed some little kid running out of the bushes.

Lol at the irrationally scared of dogs people thinking that a baton wouldnt work 99% of the time. A stun gun ? Taser ? How about waiting for backup if this situation is so dangerous that you had to have your gun drawn. This pussy cop could just as easily killed some little kid running out of the bushes.

29e062e3631110ba782eee7023494de2a38b630ae3348d87c8e1a5bfdfe62dbb.jpg

I still find it hilarious people are suggesting a taser for something that's charging them with intent to attack. Tasers, if I'm not mistaken, are for people who are not cooperating and/or dangerous without being an immediate threat to the cop. Trying to tase something that's charging/attacking you can go wrong so easily.

Ok so if i want an alarm AND a dog i have to accept that the police might murder my dog if my alarm accidentally goes off ? That sounds much better than coming up with a non lethal solution.:rolleyes:

If I was an owner I would make sure any security company I had also included non-lethal alternatives and would make sure they know I have a dog and that they are to come equipped with ways to restrain him. Tranq gun, those long poles that hook their collar, stun-prods, IDK, there has to be a ton of different alternatives, I simply haven't looked into it. But if they knew the dog was there they could probably incapacitate him instead of cluelessly wandering in and having him in full charge mode before you even know the home owner has a dog.

But you know you have a dog that will attack strangers, you put in an alarm system where a fucking breeze may set it off knowing people will be showing up with guns, and you leave your attack dog outside? That owner damn sure should have made a choice between an alarm company and her dog if she can't find an alarm company that knows what to expect and has ways of handling it. That poor dog was killed for doing what he was trained to do because its owner is an idiot.

Dude, you're completely ignoring that an alarm went off at a judge's house, and the cop did not know what the situation was. It's great to talk after you know all the facts, but that's not realistic.

Imagine the judge is murdered as the cop stands outside waiting for backup and for the K9 rescue unit. The fact is that's not even realistic because the cop didn't know there was a dog there.

I still find it hilarious people are suggesting a taser for something that's charging them with intent to attack. Tasers, if I'm not mistaken, are for people who are not cooperating and/or dangerous without being an immediate threat to the cop. Trying to tase something that's charging/attacking you can go wrong so easily.

i love how people like tommy with obviously no idea how a taser works or has every used one (u have both been shot with one in training and used one on a perp) if he knew anything about what hes trying to talk about he wouldnt even recommend it ..

and get into a baton fight with a charging unknown pitbull? lol dude thats beyond stupid pussy has nothing to do with it .. thats just plain moronic

The cop did nothing wrong.

Lets see. He responded to an alarm in a rich neighborhood in the middle of the day which happens all the time(those alarms can be annoying) and entered someones yard without trying to see if owner was home and gun drawn, with no backup.Then he sees their dog coming at him and decides to rule out any non lethal action and just go straight to murder mode. Sounds like a safe effective way to patrol a neighborhood to me.

Back