Topeka Cop Shoots Family Dog ( Body Cam Video)

hit the dog with a baton or taser lmao man you have NO clue on handling a dangerous situation .. must be real ez to monday morning QB from your keyboard...

Actually I know more about dog behavior than you or anyone else itt im sure. Lol at "handling a dangerous situation" Did you get that right out of the pussy cop excuse handbook ? Ive had big scary dogs confront me MANY times in my life. When you are actually TRAINED how to handle them and understand their behavior You dont act like a scared pussy and start killing things. This was no "dangerous situation" It was an alarm that people set off accidentally all the time in the middle of the day in a rich neighborhood. He should have just knocked or waited for backup before playing Rambo with gun drawn in her backyard.

Don't you know, man? The best way to engage a charging dog which, for all you know, will bite you, is to engage it up close and personal

Or to actually be prepared for what could happen in a given situation.

Ive lost a dog, and I know the feels. But thats just a shitty situation, that dog wasnt doing no "SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU STRANGER" run. :/

Actually I know more about dog behavior than you or anyone else itt im sure. Lol at "handling a dangerous situation" Did you get that right out of the pussy cop excuse handbook ? Ive had big scary dogs confront me MANY times in my life. When you are actually TRAINED how to handle them and understand their behavior You dont act like a scared pussy and start killing things. This was no "dangerous situation" It was an alarm that people set off accidentally all the time in the middle of the day in a rich neighborhood. He should have just knocked or waited for backup before playing Rambo with gun drawn in her backyard.

insults are the last bastion of an inferior intellect

tell us again how you are "trained" and me and all other cops are "pussies"

you are really making your case here lol.. with all your "training" you would know that dog was not going to stop at some verbal command.. FYI my uncle was a K9 officer for 20yrs and my neighbor is currently one i have also been trained on drug and bomb sniffing dogs so yeah theres that :) guess what they tell us to do when a dog is charging us ?

Last edited:

"Knocked"....ROFL.

*knock knock*

Hello? Hello? Is anyone getting murdered or robbed in there? I'll take your silence as a "no". Bye now.

i know tommy wants us to throw down with an unknown pitbull that could rip out someones throat because he "wuvs da animals" cop had less than 2 seconds to react.. and tommy wants the cop to ponder all the possibilities ..moronic ..i saw pits in brooklyn back when i was a cop with vocal cords cut and nails removed so we didnt hear them coming .. seen more than my share of dog shootings and every single one was 100% justified... people>pets

Lol Bat Dad wants cops to kill all dogs that "might" be a threat to them because he "wuvs da cops" Did I do that right ?

He had more than 2 seconds. Watch the video. He saw the dog from a distance and took a few steps back behind the bush and waited with gun drawn. And why was he in that situation in the first place ? Like ive said several times, these alarms go off all the time in rich neighborhoods. Cops have to show up for these false alarms all the time if they patrol this area. They are aware of it being a waste of time 99% of the time. So why in the fuq didnt he knock on the door like theyve done at my house several times ? Why was he nervous enough to have his gun drawn but didnt wait for backup ? He could have easily shot a person that startled him no ? That was proper procedure ? If so its fuqed.

And as far as you assessment of pit bulls. Im aware of what they do in Brooklyn. Ive seen evidence of it and helped take care of surviving dogs. This was not the Marcy projects my friend. Its a judges house in a rich neighborhood. The pits you are talking about are forced into being killers by sociopath fuqs, they are not like that on their own and the violent ones make up like 1%. And LOL, Im sure all the shootings you saw in Brooklyn were "justified":rolleyes:. I grew up on Long Island and have known many cops who worked in Brooklyn. Actually dated one.

If I was an owner I would make sure any security company I had also included non-lethal alternatives and would make sure they know I have a dog and that they are to come equipped with ways to restrain him. Tranq gun, those long poles that hook their collar, stun-prods, IDK, there has to be a ton of different alternatives, I simply haven't looked into it. But if they knew the dog was there they could probably incapacitate him instead of cluelessly wandering in and having him in full charge mode before you even know the home owner has a dog.

But you know you have a dog that will attack strangers, you put in an alarm system where a fucking breeze may set it off knowing people will be showing up with guns, and you leave your attack dog outside? That owner damn sure should have made a choice between an alarm company and her dog if she can't find an alarm company that knows what to expect and has ways of handling it. That poor dog was killed for doing what he was trained to do because its owner is an idiot.

There are other ways that are non lethal to handle this, but cops have no interest in that. so youre requests to the security company would be ignored. they dont tell the cops how to handle the situation. Ive had both an alarm that notifies the cops and a dog at the same time. I didnt ever think i had to choose one. Cops have come to my house in the same exact situation and not snuck around my yard with guns drawn. They knocked on my door. He didnt have to do that, he chose to. And thats why the dog is dead. Why are you calling this dog an attack dog ? ANY dog will approach a stranger in his yard, not just attack dogs.

If I was an owner I would make sure any security company I had also included non-lethal alternatives and would make sure they know I have a dog and that they are to come equipped with ways to restrain him. Tranq gun, those long poles that hook their collar, stun-prods, IDK, there has to be a ton of different alternatives, I simply haven't looked into it. But if they knew the dog was there they could probably incapacitate him instead of cluelessly wandering in and having him in full charge mode before you even know the home owner has a dog.

But you know you have a dog that will attack strangers, you put in an alarm system where a fucking breeze may set it off knowing people will be showing up with guns, and you leave your attack dog outside? That owner damn sure should have made a choice between an alarm company and her dog if she can't find an alarm company that knows what to expect and has ways of handling it. That poor dog was killed for doing what he was trained to do because its owner is an idiot.

The alarm "company" is called the police department. They aren't private rent-a-cops. If I'm being held during a home invasion I'll take real cops.

Dude, you're completely ignoring that an alarm went off at a judge's house, and the cop did not know what the situation was. It's great to talk after you know all the facts, but that's not realistic.

Imagine the judge is murdered as the cop stands outside waiting for backup and for the K9 rescue unit. The fact is that's not even realistic because the cop didn't know there was a dog there.

I just keep going back to when the same exact thing happened at my house several times and the cops came to my door each time. Nothing was shot or killed those days. Why couldnt this cop have done that ? He went too far sneaking around in the back yard with gun drawn. There has to be some acknowledgement of degrees of danger here. We cant just say well an alarm went off, someone could be getting murdered, Red team go!!. We have to look at the individual situation. It was absolutely fine for the cops to knock on my door first. They didnt think they were neglecting to handle the situation correctly and they didnt think they put themselves in danger either. So again why couldnt he have done that ?

i love how people like tommy with obviously no idea how a taser works or has every used one (u have both been shot with one in training and used one on a perp) if he knew anything about what hes trying to talk about he wouldnt even recommend it ..

and get into a baton fight with a charging unknown pitbull? lol dude thats beyond stupid pussy has nothing to do with it .. thats just plain moronic

Well ive said a lot more than just "tase him bro". But you want to focus on that. The baton ? Well ive used a baton before thats for sure and I know a lot about dogs behavior in a given situation so yeah i still say it would have worked no problem. Again Ill say this wasnt a Brooklyn Pit fighting location. It was an old ladies companion. Ill bet you wouldnt even have to hit the dog, just swing at it and it would run or at least give you time to retreat, Or is retreating to much to ask of the macho officer ? And yes "pussy" has a lot to do with it. A cop who doesnt have an irrational fear of dogs doesnt shoot right away. There are cops who are dog people who diffuse these situations all the time without shooting because they arent scared. A little training on dog handling would go a long way, that is if anyone cares enough to take the time. Or just kill it.

This is the problem. They still dont have a solution for when they enter a yard that has a dog other than shooting it. Shooting the dog has become the accepted protocol. One of these homeowners is going to see their dog laying in a pool of blood and grab his own gun and turn it on the cops. Then what ? Guy sees his dog killed, goes insane and shoots cop. I wonder what kind of defense for the homeowner there would be if any. I know if it were me I would not be sane at that moment.

Then they get Ruby Ridge on you and have snipers shoot your family.

Well ive said a lot more than just "tase him bro". But you want to focus on that. The baton ? Well ive used a baton before thats for sure and I know a lot about dogs behavior in a given situation so yeah i still say it would have worked no problem. Again Ill say this wasnt a Brooklyn Pit fighting location. It was an old ladies companion. Ill bet you wouldnt even have to hit the dog, just swing at it and it would run or at least give you time to retreat, Or is retreating to much to ask of the macho officer ? And yes "pussy" has a lot to do with it. A cop who doesnt have an irrational fear of dogs doesnt shoot right away. There are cops who are dog people who diffuse these situations all the time without shooting because they arent scared. A little training on dog handling would go a long way, that is if anyone cares enough to take the time. Or just kill it.

You're suggesting a cop retreats from a possible crime in progress, because of a pitbull in a yard?

its quite apparent you know nothing about the police or police procedure and you are clearly being reactionary... if you were a cop you would either be dead or cause the death of someone else ... thank god you chose to talk big behind a keyboard instead

Ok smart guy, then maybe you can explain to me why When my alarm went off several times each time the cops came, they came to my door and knocked. They didnt crawl around my yard with guns drawn. They knocked, i answered and spoke with them. Problem solved. No killing. Were these three cops all wrong ? Should they have gone into my yard and shot my dog while i was in the house ? Did they risk going home to their families by talking to me instead of killing something ? In no way does this warrant going into the yard unannounced with guns drawn.

i actually responded to a call where a 6yr old bit off their sisters index finger while play fighting

Well i hope you quickly shot the little animal before that kid had a chance to bite YOUR finger. Cant take any chances these days ya know.

My GF'S dad has a grown pitbull, 3 times the size of that one, when I went to his house the first time last year it charged at me just like that. I just yelled at it in a deep voice and stepped forward aggressively and it stopped.

Then again, having a metal thingy that goes BANG BANG is fun, who doesnt love making things go BANG BANG!!!! you get to hear fun bangs and feel dominant all without doing a thing besides moving your finger.

Look at that someone who has had experience with a dog in his life realizes that just because a dog is approaching you doesnt mean its going to rip you apart. But yeah youre right. Some people just would rather shoot something than come up with a solution.

you ASSume alot man ...sheesh... you would rather the cop gets seriously attacked rather than shoot a dog... this clearly makes you unable to render any rational comments on this matter... like i said earlier you know nothing of police procedure... go knock on the front door in the case of a burglary alarm? why not yell "cops here run out the back"

I dont think the only choices are shoot the dog or be violently attacked. The fact that you still dont realize that all this guy had to do was posture up against this dog with body language and maybe his baton just shows how little you know about dog behavior. You would need to be trained i guess before you realize that this cop was in very little danger from this 38 lb dog, and that small amount of risk does NOT warrant killing someones pet in their own yard. Not even close. Only people who have an irrational fear of dogs would think that. Unfortunately many people suffer from that fear.

Back