Topeka Cop Shoots Family Dog ( Body Cam Video)

cage_bx

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
[YT]kdhPkxJ6G_I[/YT]

They are deathly afraid of any altercation

Hello you picked a job that has some elements of danger, you can't shoot your way out of ever situation

Shoot now ask questions later...

He should have fought the dog with his bare hands.

But seriously, why was the cop on their property?

thats a full grown pitbull on full attack mode. the cop did the right thing. when people understand a pitbull is not a pet the better the world will be.

Well it was certainly going to bite him so... There's that.

Thats why you have to get atleast ten dogs so you can afford to lose one or two.

This was not a good shooting. Since when is the only way to handle a dog coming at you to blow its brains out ? So everytime a dog comes at you its about to attack you ? He could have shot at the ground and the dog would have ran. Im sure this old ladies dog was a real killer:rolleyes:. Everyone knows how much old ladies like to raise killer pit bulls. Middle of the day, no signs of break in but just because someones alarm goes off he goes into full murder mode. Knock on the front door pussy. This wasnt a war zone. Ive had cops show up when I accidentally set off my alarm in the middle of the day in a nice neighborhood more than once. They didnt come up to my house with guns drawn. Cops have just become total pussies who are afraid of any altercation whatsoever and feel like killing is justified if they were having to get their hands dirty instead. They need to be trained on how to handle a dog approaching you without emptying a clip into the poor animal because you were scared you might be bit. And not for nothing but how dangerous it it for him to have his gun drawn, finger on trigger in this situation. What would have happened if some little kid came running out of the bushes ? "sorry mam I shot your daughter but dont worry a supervisor is on his way.

Those YT comments are pretty ignorant... Cop responds to a back door alarm at a judges house, and in the process of investigating he gets attacked by a dog, which he kills. Sad story, but a non-story.

That lady reacted with calm maturity, which made it even sadder. ;_;

that pit wasnt game, he didnt need to do that. I woulda just kicked it.

He could have shot at the ground and the dog would have ran

This is likely untrue, a Pitbull in full attack stops for very little, including the sound of a gunshot, but more than this, they teach you not to shoot the ground because the bullet may ricochet.

Taser may have done the job, unless he didn't have it ready.

thats a full grown pitbull on full attack mode. the cop did the right thing. when people understand a pitbull is not a pet the better the world will be.

The eighties called, they want their irrational pussified fear of pit bulls back.

thats a nasty video that i shouldn't have watched.

That's tragic and very, very sad. But it's not the worst case of police misconduct.

These cops do need to be better trained on nonlethal means to the point of it being as instinctual as grabbing your gun. It's understandable when you're trained to pull and are in that split-second panic of having a dog running at you. But still very sad.

This is likely untrue, a Pitbull in full attack stops for very little, including the sound of a gunshot

Where did you get that opinion? That is likely untrue. Most canines would recoil and a pitbull is no different. Finding a dog that will fight and not flight when the shit goes down is a very difficult task. Look into the US military and their selection process for the war dog. Upfront aggression does not equal fearlessness.

That lady reacted with calm maturity, which made it even sadder. ;_;

that pit wasnt game, he didnt need to do that. I woulda just kicked it.
Yup. But pussies who are afraid of dogs dont wanna hear that all it would have taken was a swift kick, a shot into the grass to scare it,a taser, a shot with a baton. Or even just swung the baton and would have scared it away.

This is likely untrue, a Pitbull in full attack stops for very little, including the sound of a gunshot, but more than this, they teach you not to shoot the ground because the bullet may ricochet.

I understand why people think this but...First we are assuming that the dog was in "full attack mode" Most pit bulls are not killers that will rip you apart just for entering their yard. Its just not true. Propaganda from the uninformed soccer mom anti pit bull groups who know nothing about dog behavior. He should have knocked on the door, He should not have had his gun drawn for an alarm in a nice neighborhood in the middle of the day. He could have just as easily shot a child playing in the yard. These house alarms are falsely set off ALL the time. Its happened to me like 5 times :icon_chee. Each time he calmly pulled up and walked to my door. No gun drawn, no animals murderd. Its a lack of training for this situation I blame. Cops cant just enter peoples yards without letting anyone know and killing peoples dogs. Thats what any dog does if a stranger enters his yard, he runs over to investigate. He shouldnt be killed for doing his job.

Where did you get that opinion? That is likely untrue. Most canines would recoil and a pitbull is no different. Finding a dog that will fight and not flight when the shit goes down is a very difficult task. Look into the US military and their selection process for the war dog. Upfront aggression does not equal fearlessness.

If I'm wrong, and I hope I am, then these situations could be easily handled by shooting up in the air. The problem is that you can't simply fire willy-nilly without aiming at a target, it's not protocol. You either shoot the dog or you don't shoot at all.

so the cop should have just allowed the dog to bit him?

Or, you know, be more cognizant of the fact that when you enter the territory of an animal trained to guard a private citizen, you should be prepared to dispose of said animal in a nonfatal way.

Back