Top BJJ players?

What about Rany Yahrya?

He's beaten Parrumphina, Feitosa and numerous others (coming in 2nd to Leozinho in ADCC 2005)?

JJ Machado is TOP DOG
:icon_twis:icon_twis:icon_twis:icon_twis:icon_twis
/end

(j/k with the outburst on such an old thread ):D

Roger Gracie
Jacare
Marcelo Garcia
Pe De Pano
Andre Galvao
Marcio Feitosa
Ricardo Veira
Daniel Moraes
Xande Ribeiro
Saulo Ribeiro
Royler Gracie
Shaolin
Eduardo Telles
Jeff Glover
Terere
Dave and Dan Camarillo
Cafe Dantes

to add a few

great list

Braulio Estima deserves mentiion as does Drysdale

I think we should add Romulo Barral.

He's to level and will be a big name.

What about Rany Yahrya?

He's beaten Parrumphina, Feitosa and numerous others (coming in 2nd to Leozinho in ADCC 2005)?

Rani Yahya?

He CHOKED OUT LEO VIERA this year!!!

I saw it live, he is a smooth ass grappler. he blew through everyone then took leo's back and choked him out

JJ Machado is TOP DOG
:icon_twis:icon_twis:icon_twis:icon_twis:icon_twis
/end

(j/k with the outburst on such an old thread ):D

oh, god damnit. why did you bump this fucking 2 year old thread.

now I feel stupid for even replying.

Rani Yahya?

He CHOKED OUT LEO VIERA this year!!!

I saw it live, he is a smooth ass grappler. he blew through everyone then took leo's back and choked him out

Yeah, I made that post about Rani Yahya nearly 2 years ago.

how about Romulo Barral? He owned everybody at his weight at this years mundials, and lost only to Roger in abs. finals. in 2006 he put Maia to sleep.
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NWcJxR7QOeY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NWcJxR7QOeY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Shame on you! No Cobrinha? He and Roger are the top two in the gi over the past two years.

What about Rany Yahrya?

Let me help you with your list of grapplers Rani has defeated.

Gilbert Melendez 12-2 ( tournamnet of pros )
Bruno Frazzato Submission ( adcc 2007 2nd round )
Baret Yoshida 10-0 ( adcc 2007 semis )
Joe Big Daddy Stevenson 7-0 ( grapplers quest 2007 )
Leo Vieira ( adcc finals 2007 ) submission via RNC

rickson graice is by far the best bjj grappler ever lived with no match going past 3 min

Why does Leo Leite get left out of these lists all the time. I haven't seen his name mentioned one time.

Leo Santos was mentioned like one time... and Robson Moura like one time.... do people know who these guys are? :rolleyes:

Why does Leo Leite get left out of these lists all the time. I haven't seen his name mentioned one time.

Leo Santos was mentioned like one time... and Robson Moura like one time.... do people know who these guys are? :rolleyes:

This thread was started and primarily commented on in 2005... which is why you won't see a lot of names you know to dominate today. I didn't start training until 2007, so this is pretty cool to me.

This thread was started and primarily commented on in 2005... which is why you won't see a lot of names you know to dominate today. I didn't start training until 2007, so this is pretty cool to me.

All the guys I mentioned were dominating before this thread was even started...

You are totally right. He has indeed been on a tear for a long time.

Last edited:
They didn't win their first world titles until 2007. I'm sure they were killers before that as well though.

Ok... lets try this again.

Leo Leite won his first black belt world championship in 1999...

Leo Santos was dominating the top levels of Jiu-Jitsu in 2002.

Robson Moura was world champion in 1996 (purple) , 1997, 1998, 1999 and 2000 (black)

Ok... lets try this again.

Leo Leite won his first black belt world championship in 1999...

Leo Santos was dominating the top levels of Jiu-Jitsu in 2002.

Robson Moura was world champion in 1996 (purple) , 1997, 1998, 1999 and 2000 (black)

Moura also won in 2007
Santos won at the Copa do Mundo but not the mundial.
Leite won the Mundials and Copa and had the most success at judo of any bjj player too.

Rodolfo is p4p the man now, no one has any answer for his game in the gi.

Back