Top 3 martial arts movies of all time

Police story is the dope shit too

Red Belt
Warrior
Blood Sport

Honorable Mention: The Karate Kid.

I never really got into the Bruce Lee movies I used to watch them when I was a Kid, but they lost their luster as I got older. I used also love Kung Fu theater when I was young too.

@TONY-T
I wouldn't say its (Drunken Master 2) "WAY" better, I mean it was made in a totally different time period for HK films, so they are kinda hard to compare. It is definitely one of the best "modern" kung fu films not set in the present time. For people that dislike the old 70's shape style "hop, strike, hop, strike" choreography I'm sure they would like Drunken Master 2 better.
@HHJ
I love Police Story, if you have not seen this movie you are missing out! I watched my VHS of Police Story so much when I was younger it broke.

Red Belt
Warrior
Blood Sport

Honorable Mention: The Karate Kid.

I never really got into the Bruce Lee movies I used to watch them when I was a Kid, but they lost their luster as I got older. I used also love Kung Fu theater when I was young too.

red belt isnt really that great. Warrior was ok. Bloodsport is the only true classic amongst those three.

red belt isnt really that great. Warrior was ok. Bloodsport is the only true classic amongst those three.

Most would probably agree, that's just my (most likely) unpopular opinion. I'm a sucker for boxing movies, but I've just never been into Kung Fu flicks past the age of 12. There is actually an MMA drama television series on right now called Kingdom that is pretty good.

The Perfect Weapon(will always be in my top 3).

The remaining spots could be swapped with so many movies, but I'll go with the trend I'm seeing since I can't argue that they don't belong there.
The Protector
Bloodsport

So many great films mentioned in this thread! Just wanted to give a shout out to a few more childhood favorites of mine.

Secret Rivals 1976 (Trailer is poor quality)
Hwang Jang Lee, John Liu, Wong Tao

The Hot the Cool and the Vicious 1976
Wong Tao, Tan Tao-liang, Tommy Lee (My favorite kung fu bad guy),

Superpower 1980 (Goes by different names
Wong Tao, Billy Chong

Time-Stamp is Billy Chong (I think?), he has no martial arts experience (easy to tell lol) but is a great bad guy!

ok now understand,im not a big fan of this movie. I think it is actually TOO stupid most of the time and maybe 20% funny...but this scene is the best part of the movie by far,and can watch it endlessly.

Edit:this is actually from the original film not the parody kung pow which i was referring to.

this is actually cooler

The Last Dragon

Surf Ninjas

No Retreat, No Surrender.

Watch that shit. All that shit.

1. Bloodsport
2. Mortal Combat
3. Enter the Dragon

Venom Mob are my favorites. 5 Deadly Venoms, Kid with the Golden Arm, Masked Avengers

Shaolin vs Lama

18 Bronzemen

Deadly Bronzmen & 5 Deadly Venoms in addition to the fighting have some nice reveals.

Ong Bok is one of best to introduce to a new crowd though. Everybody walks away going holy shit those elbows and knees.

Enter the Dragon, Fist of Fury and The Big Boss.

Wheels on Meals / Twin Dragons - Jackie Chan vs Bennie The Jet. All fights in these movies are fuggin awesome.

Five Element Ninjas- Just has a soft spot in my heart.

Master of the Flying Guillotine- Done.

All my favs have been covered already except for

Magnificent Butcher
The Prodigal Son

It's been mentioned but I watched Flash Point the other day and it was bad ass. I'm definitely watching some more Donnie Yen

Last edited:
All my favs have been covered already except for

Magnificent Butcher
The Prodigal Son
Prodigal Son is very good, it's just kinda light on the fighting for my taste. loved the magnificent butchers...have you seen the Buddhist Fist? the comedy can get a bit annoying, but it's another YWP classic. i think the full movie is on youtube.

Back