Top 3 martial arts movies of all time

36th Chamber of the Shaolin AKA Shaolin Master Killer AKA The Master Killer
Enter the Dragon
Bloodsport

Fearless
Ong Bak
The Raid.

but if you looking for action movie in general, i totally recomend Dredd.

The protector is sick and it had one of the longest sequential fight scenes ever when the guy was making his way up the spiral stairs. And all for an elephant!

Bloodsport
Enter the Dragon
The Raid
The Raid 2
The raid 2 was a bit of a let down compared to the first one. Much more artistic with the story telling and still a solid film but the first was just berserk compared to it.

Enter The Dragon
Bloodsport
Revenge of the Ninja

It's not a martial arts movie night without ninjas. FACT.
Revenge of the Ninja is the greatest ninja movie of all time.

However, the first 10 minutes of Ninja 3: The domination, is fucking hilarious awesome. In the span of the first 10 minutes of the movie, the ninja assassinates a rich guy and his girl on a golf course after killing his 4-5 bodyguards(when a bodyguard pulls a piece on him, he blows a blowdart into the gun, causing it to explode) and when the rich guy tries to escape via golf cart, he run after it and lifts it one handed(The ninja is like 5'3) and blocks a golf club with his forearm and it wraps around his arm), runs from cops and gets shot 100 times.

While running from cops, instead of stealth running through trees, he runs on the road. Backflips on to a chasing cop car, impales one cop with his sword through the car roof, and punches claws through the drivers eyes. Takes out both motocycle cops chasing him, and goes Indiana Jones with a lasso to get off the car roof.

He then climbs a palm tree, gets into the chasing chopper. throws a ninja star from his boot into the pilot's temple, jumps into the water as the chopper explodes. Cops congregate around the lake looking for him, when one cop notices a small reed moving and goes "hmmm?" Travesty! The tube is actually the ninja's blowgun! Cop dies.

The ninja seconds later is fully dry running from dozens of cop cars chasing him. They surround him and begin shooting! He slumps. 4 cops converge on him and he does a sword tornado to take all 4 of them out. He then takes multiple knives and throwing stars out, killing many cops still shooting him. Fully surrounded by a circle of shooting cops, somehow none get hit in the crossfire!.

Once again, he gets up and kills another cop! But they continue to shoot him with shotguns, submachine guns and everything, until he has no choice but to use his trusty smoke bomb to escape.

Fucking LOL it was awesome when I was a kid.

How can anyone summarize 30 + years of martial arts films in only 3 movies.

My pick

Fist of legend
Bloodsport
Drunken master 2

Honorable mention Enter the Dragon.

Enter the Dragon / Bloodsport (can't have 2 tourney movies!)
Drunken Master 2
The Raid

Revenge of the Ninja is the greatest ninja movie of all time.

However, the first 10 minutes of Ninja 3: The domination, is fucking hilarious awesome. In the span of the first 10 minutes of the movie, the ninja assassinates a rich guy and his girl on a golf course after killing his 4-5 bodyguards(when a bodyguard pulls a piece on him, he blows a blowdart into the gun, causing it to explode) and when the rich guy tries to escape via golf cart, he run after it and lifts it one handed(The ninja is like 5'3) and blocks a golf club with his forearm and it wraps around his arm), runs from cops and gets shot 100 times.

While running from cops, instead of stealth running through trees, he runs on the road. Backflips on to a chasing cop car, impales one cop with his sword through the car roof, and punches claws through the drivers eyes. Takes out both motocycle cops chasing him, and goes Indiana Jones with a lasso to get off the car roof.

He then climbs a palm tree, gets into the chasing chopper. throws a ninja star from his boot into the pilot's temple, jumps into the water as the chopper explodes. Cops congregate around the lake looking for him, when one cop notices a small reed moving and goes "hmmm?" Travesty! The tube is actually the ninja's blowgun! Cop dies.

The ninja seconds later is fully dry running from dozens of cop cars chasing him. They surround him and begin shooting! He slumps. 4 cops converge on him and he does a sword tornado to take all 4 of them out. He then takes multiple knives and throwing stars out, killing many cops still shooting him. Fully surrounded by a circle of shooting cops, somehow none get hit in the crossfire!.

Once again, he gets up and kills another cop! But they continue to shoot him with shotguns, submachine guns and everything, until he has no choice but to use his trusty smoke bomb to escape.

Fucking LOL it was awesome when I was a kid.

I've seen it and remember the cover of the VHS tape, but i barely remember the actual film. I'm going to have to watch it again. That guy was just doing ninja shit.

I've seen it and remember the cover of the VHS tape, but i barely remember the actual film. I'm going to have to watch it again. That guy was just doing ninja shit.
It is unfortunately the one where he demonically possesses the 80's female aerobics instructor

Choose the sword, bro...

Excellent-Choreography.jpg

Lone wolf and cub series is one of the best. Artery splatter ftw

The best thing is, Bloodsport is what people saw Martial arts as and thought UFC would be until UFC 1 pulled the wool from their eyes.
For like 10 years after, people were convinced a Kung Fu Master from a remote temple or a real Ninja were going to show up one day and

one of my favorite moments in film.

the 5 deadly venoms
Man with the Flying Guillotine
Fearless
FIst of Legend

Seven Samurai might be the best of them all.

Last edited:
Back