Top 3 martial arts movies of all time

The raid 2 was a bit of a let down compared to the first one. Much more artistic with the story telling and still a solid film but the first was just berserk compared to it.

The Raid 2 threw me off during my first viewing. I expected another Martial Arts Extravaganza but it turned out to be an artistic movie. I was disappointed until the ending when the situation went back to being similar to the first movie.

My 2nd viewing, I absolutely loved it though.

Well TS

The Raid is a crowd pleaser.
The Protector
IP Man

I think these are some movies to entertain a group.

Hold up Drunken Master 2 is better than the 1st? I think I've only seen the first one.

Seventh Samurai might be the best of them all.
If I were to add Samurai films I would put my favorites as;
7 Samurai
Yojimbo
Lone Wolf and Cub series

Kurosawa's Ran and some of his other Samurai films are really good but there isn't really any actual fighting!

*EDIT I also saw someone mention Flying Guillotine, "One Armed Boxer vs. Master of the Flying Guillotine" should not be missed. Jimmy Wang Yu is awesome, and he also saved Jackie Chan's life from the Traids IRL.

If I were to add Samurai films I would put my favorites as;
7 Samurai
Yojimbo
Lone Wolf and Cub series

Kurosawa's Ran and some of his other Samurai films are really good but there isn't really any actual fighting!

yeah,but Ran is still the shit,goddamn. One of the best movies of all time.

I get goosebumps thinking about this movie.

"The greatest movie ever made about warriors and battle."

11816983_909250722501361_3414973494276267647_n.jpg

The Last Dragon: very little fighting, all about martial art philosophy.

Game of Death: Just like a video game. Clear every level until you reach the final boss, a 7' behemoth who can throw you around like a ragdoll.

Kill Bill: Just awesome. Very rare "women empowerment" martial art movie. Kiddo is not kidding!

for pure martial arts violence and action.

Kid with the Golden Arms
Five Deadly Venoms
Any of the Lone Wolf and Cub movies, or "Shogun's Assassin" which was basically a movie montage of the all the Lone Wolf and Cub movies. The final scene when he slices the dude's jugular and wind pipe "in such a way that that the wound sounds like the ocean spray" is awesome.

As others have said if you want good movies that have martial arts in them you can't beat Kurosawa movies, the man was a genius and hollywood should dig him up and suck his prettified crank every day as homage to ripping him off all the time.

for pure martial arts violence and action.

Kid with the Golden Arms
Five Deadly Venoms
Any of the Lone Wolf and Cub movies, or "Shogun's Assassin" which was basically a movie montage of the all the Lone Wolf and Cub movies. The final scene when he slices the dude's jugular and wind pipe "in such a way that that the wound sounds like the ocean spray" is awesome.

As others have said if you want good movies that have martial arts in them you can't beat Kurosawa movies, the man was a genius and hollywood should dig him up and suck his prettified crank every day as homage to ripping him off all the time.

I was going to say.... The end of Sanjuro actually has one of the coolest katana to jugular strikes, and it comes out of nowhere.

ew are nex
I brek ew like I brek yo fren

My personal fave top 3:

Fist of Legend (Jet Li)
Enter The Dragon (Bruce Lee)
Dragons Forever (Jackie Chan, Sammo Hung, Yuen Biao)

This scene is a pure martial arts classic. Benny and Jackie had unbelievable scenes.

Glad to see several people mentioning Fist of Legend and Drunken Master 2 (aka Legend of Drunken Master). The third best spot is hotly contested, but those two are shoe-ins for first and second on my list for sure.

Hold up Drunken Master 2 is better than the 1st? I think I've only seen the first one.
Both are great but Drunken Master 2 is my favorite martial arts movie of all time.

Drunken Master 2
Enter the Dragon
Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky

the karate guy on the conveyor belt in drunken master 2 is ridikulus

Back