Top 3 martial arts movies of all time

Prodigal Son is very good, it's just kinda light on the fighting for my taste. loved the magnificent butchers...have you seen the Buddhist Fist? the comedy can get a bit annoying, but it's another YWP classic. i think the full movie is on youtube.

Never heard of that one bro. Will definitely check it out

All my favs have been covered already except for

Magnificent Butcher
The Prodigal Son

It's been mentioned but I watched Flash Point the other day and it was bad ass. I'm definitely watching some more Donnie Yen
Prodigal Son is GOAT

Shanghai 13 deserves a mention...i can't remember if there is even a plot, but it's so full of fight scenes and legendary actors that it's worth a watch.

Wow, this thread is.... disappointing. I thought you guys would be a bit into good movies :p

13 Assassins is GREAT

For something everyone would feel a connection to, Jackie Chan's Police Story

An absolute classic is The 36th Chamber of Shaolin.

If you want a badass film watch The Street Fighter

MV5BMTk5MjI4MzIxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODU1MDQ5._V1_UY268_CR6,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
41G1C7BQE5L.jpg
!!d6DWQQCGM~$(KGrHqYOKjYErzUct)vFBLGmwhO+dw~~_8.JPG

Excluding samurai films:

Hero
Kill Bill
Enter the Dragon

Fist Of Fury
Snake In The Eagles Shadow
8 Diagram Pole Fighter

Police Story
Return of The Dragon, aka Way of the Dragon
Legend of The Drunken Master 2

Honourable mentions to Righting Wrongs, Dragons Forever, Fist of Legend, Once Upon a Time in China

I will go off the beaten path and recommend
the warrior's way
kung fu hustle

These are my favorites so far

One-Armed Swordsman
Enter the Dragon
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

I've just scratched the surface of the genre really

EDIT: Holy shit how could I have forgotten Master of the Flying Guillotine and 36th Chamber of Shaolin? That makes a top 5 no order

Last edited:
Unleashed
The One

The One is probably the most unique and underrated combination of kick ass fighting with a unique plot. I watch this movie probably twice a year since I was 10. The online reviews and ratings for this movie baffle me, fuck them.

Probably hard to kill or above the law. I like Seagal films because the fight scenes are realisticer more so than anybody else's.

The one with the twin brother Jamaican voodoo black dudes is awesome as well.

I plan on having an action movie night this Saturday with some friends need suggestions?

Jackie Chan's Drunken Master 2 is number 1. Jet Li's Fong Sai Yuk no. 2. Maybe Bloodsport no. 3.

Any fan of jet li who hasn't seen Fong Sai Yuk owes it to themselves to see it

Last edited:
Most of the films listed are classics, so I'll go with a few that haven't been mentioned, but are still great.

5 Deadly Venoms
The Octagon
Samurai Fiction

Bloodsport
Mortal Combat
I'll be making the 3rd shortly.

Back