top 15 pfp list 15 May 2018

This fella is soooo biased towards fighters he likes/American fighters, its laughable. We can all see it but the irony is he is completely oblivious to it
Lol yeah it's kind of tragic in a way. I haven't see such a warped/ biased P4P list for a long time, perhaps ever. So congrats to him for that.

I guess TS gets some peoples blood pressure rising at least and we all know that's why he's here. Mission accomplished TS!

if you really think tank and thurman don't belong on a top 15 list, i don't know what to tell you, fella....you obviously don't know boxing.

As for hurd, i can see how one might say he's pretty much unproven, except he beat two solid guys in lara and trout in his last two fights...remember trout? the guy who handled cotto with ease and arguably beat canelo? and lara, the undefeated guy who CLEARLY beat canelo and was in top 10 pfp contention? yeah, well, hurd actually stopped trout and actually beat lara, dropping the defensive master in the process...if canelo can get a top ten pfp ranking from "winning" against those guys, so can the more deserving hurd...if you can't see it, maybe you need to open your fkin eyes as well as your mind.

jacobs beat golovkin regardless of what the judges say...therefore, i have jacobs above golovkin.

russell fights once a year, but look at what he does after a year layoff...jojo diaz was considered a legit threat and strong possibility for pulling the upset. Diaz is one of the hottest young stars to come along in years at fw and no one would have been surprised if he had beat the inactive grj... but, grj, ring rust and all dominated diaz like a second rate clubfighter. that's pfp credentials.

What is it that you think Tank does to belong on that list, at all? He has done nothing to be ranked on a P4P list.

Thurman's inactivity should drop him off any list that's trying to take itself seriously (clearly yours isn't)
I don't think you really understand P4P it's more like a best boxers in your opinion list. Which is probably what you should write.

Oh yeah, Golovkin beat Jacobs. You ignoring that furthers this being a list of who you think the best is but certainly not a credible P4P list.

lmao! y'all kill me!...before the fight, jojo diaz was a very live underdog...pretty close odds on beating grj who i consider a pfp top 15 guy. now grj pretty much shut diaz down, and diaz "aint even in the top five at FW"...before the lomachenko fight, linares was a bum who was gonna get destroyed in easy fashion...after he dropped lomachenko and give him his toughest fight since salido, linares now a pfp contender...to call you guys ridiculously self-serving doesn't even begin to cover it.
jojo diaz is a good fighter, but he was nothing special. He's certainly not a top 5 FW, because Valdez, LSC, Frampton, Mares, and GRJ had all done more than Diaz to be rated ahead of him at that point. Most rating sources had him in the top 10 hovering around 6-7.

Linares was never a bum, people just expected Loma to have an easy time with him (which I thought was ridiculous). In fact, there were sources which had Linares rated in their top ten P4P (TBRB, for instance), and he was the ring champ, so no, Linares was a very good win. Jojo diaz was a decent win against a deserving contender, nothing more.

How I have it:

1. Crawford
2. Loma
3. SSR
4. GGG
5. Canelo
6. Garcia
7. Inoue
8. Usyk
9. Jack
10. Nietes
11. Kovalev
12. Thurman
13. LSC
14. Gassiev
15. Hurd

Guys who are gonna be there soon: Bivol, Jermall, Tete, Benavidez, Dogboe
Not bad

How I have it:

1. Crawford
2. Loma
3. SSR
4. GGG
5. Canelo
6. Garcia
7. Inoue
8. Usyk
9. Jack
10. Nietes
11. Kovalev
12. Thurman
13. LSC
14. Gassiev
15. Hurd

Guys who are gonna be there soon: Bivol, Jermall, Tete, Benavidez, Dogboe
I have no idea why people have Srisaket Sor Rungvisai ranked anywhere near top P4P

He only has 2 wins over Chocolatito (who doesnt belong SuperFly), 1 being very close. Then a close win over Estrada.

Before that? He was fighting debutantes and bums with losing records, except Cuadras who he lost to.

He hasnt even fought at any other weight class, and I dont even think he the best in that weight class. Yafai and Jerwin can go either way, and he would lose to SuperFly Inoue.

Hes a good fighter but his career is defined with 3 fights - close win vs a SuperFly Chocolatito, a KO vs a SuperFly Chocolatito, and a close win vs Estrada is not Top 15 P4P material imo

top 5 PFP
crawford, lomachenko, inoue, GGG, garcia
then everyone else

I have no idea why people have Srisaket Sor Rungvisai ranked anywhere near top P4P

He only has 2 wins over Chocolatito (who doesnt belong SuperFly), 1 being very close. Then a close win over Estrada.

Before that? He was fighting debutantes and bums with losing records, except Cuadras who he lost to.

He hasnt even fought at any other weight class, and I dont even think he the best in that weight class. Yafai and Jerwin can go either way, and he would lose to SuperFly Inoue.

Hes a good fighter but his career is defined with 3 fights - close win vs a SuperFly Chocolatito, a KO vs a SuperFly Chocolatito, and a close win vs Estrada is not Top 15 P4P material imo
He looked smaller than Gonzalez to me.

Those were exactly my points about SSR when dudes asked how come he wasn't in my pfp top 10....i think it's pretty obvious he's not that high....i think a lotta these opinions about pfp are simply nonsensical. for example, loma at #2?...based on what? yeah, he beat grj (who was smaller) the he lost to salido (who was bigger)...rigo doesn't count and linares was a mid-level, c-grade fighter who gave loma a life and death struggle. loma's only REAL claim to top fighter status is the walters win...but if you look at the circumstances, even that is suspect.

i mean, if loma is #2 pfp off the linares win does that mean broner was #1 pfp after EASILY destroying demarco who had also ko'd linares?

I know, i know....it's espn pushing their fighter....they have to compete with hbo and showtime and loma is their only star, so they over-hype him as #1 pfp when he clearly is not...but real fans shouldn't be so gullible as to buy into the espn hype.

The guy has back to back victories over the previous P4P number one, right before another high quality win over Estrada. No other boxer comes anywhere close in the last 18 months.

It's no rocket science, really.

and linares was a mid-level, c-grade fighter who gave loma a life and death struggle. loma's only REAL claim to top fighter status is the walters win...but if you look at the circumstances, even that is suspect..

So Linares is a C-level fighter now according to you? What happened because after the fight you were saying he was a B-level fighter? The Linares fight wasn't life or death, Linares didn't hurt Lomachenko at all and scored one flash knockdown on him while Lomachenko was clearly winning the fight before he stopped him. It was a decent contest but not anywhere close to life or death lol

Thanks man. Actually, I'd make an amendment to it and put Spence in there where Thurman is and replace Hurd and Gassiev. So:

1. Crawford
2. Loma
3. SSR
4. GGG
5. Canelo
6. Garcia
7. Inoue
8. Usyk
9. Jack
10. Nietes
11. Kovalev
12. Spence
13. JFE
14. Thurman
15. Stevenson
16. LSC
17. Hurd
18. Gassiev
19. Jermall
20. Joshua

Last edited:
Thanks man. Actually, I'd make an amendment to it and put Spence in there where Thurman is and replace Hurd and Gassiev. So:

1. Crawford
2. Loma
3. SSR
4. GGG
5. Canelo
6. Garcia
7. Inoue
8. Usyk
9. Jack
10. Nietes
11. Kovalev
12. Spence
13. Thurman
14. LSC
15. Hurd
your list makes no sense...

OK, i grant you crawford at #1...at least you didn't go full lomachenko nuttrider retard.

But lomachenko at #2? based on what? his struggle with linares? his win over smaller guys like grj and small OLD guys like rigo? if fmj had those kinds of wins on his record would you look yourself in the mirror be proud to rank him #2 pfp? loma has done NOTHING...NOTHING of the level required to be #2 pfp. He's a good fighter but incredibly overhyped and he was exposed by salido and linares, two decent but far from great fighters.

SSR at #3 is simply ridiculous...you obviously don't understand that pfp is not a favorability rating...it's about who is the BEST regardless of weight class...SSR is far from #3. I don't even rank him in the top 10.

GGG?...#4? oh well, at least fanboys are showing a little better grasp of reality...not so long ago, GGG was the next SRR, hagler and joe louis combined. I guess his last 4 fights have shown that he's really just a good, top mw, and nothing more...he's not even the BEST mw...canelo is neck-and-neck with ggg and jacobs is demonstrably better. GGG should be about #5 at mw, right in the mix with charlo, andrade and bjs...but no higher than that.

Inoue, IMO is still unproven. i need to see him against SSR or at least estrada or chocolatito to know how good he really is.

the fact you have jack in your rankings but no stevenson when they fought a draw two weeks ago, but you have kovalev in your rankings proves that you're not serious...just admit your listing is really just a joke and lets move on.

Kovalev over spence? wtf?...lemme ask you this: besides a 50 yo Hopkins and jean pascal, a guy hopkins beat twice who the hell has kovalev beaten? tank davis is far more proven than kovalev. spence, thurman and even hurd are far higher than kovalev. Errol spence destroyed algieri, bundu, peterson and brook in his last 4 fights...that makes him a whole lot better than 99% of the guys on your list, including ggg, SSR, canelo (who LOST to lara, the guy hurd just beat) and lomachenko. thurman beat porter, guerrero and garcia...young champs in their prime! His track record put him AT LEAST at #4 after crawford, mikey, and spence.

Clearly, you have very strong personal biases that prevent you from seeing the merits of great fighters and at the same time exaggerate the modest accomplishments of guys you like. doesn't make you a bad guy....this is an OPINION forum after all...but what it shows is, you're some ordinary dude who, like a lotta ordinary people, don't know or care what the hell you're talking about.

Last edited:
So Linares is a C-level fighter now according to you? What happened because after the fight you were saying he was a B-level fighter? The Linares fight wasn't life or death, Linares didn't hurt Lomachenko at all and scored one flash knockdown on him while Lomachenko was clearly winning the fight before he stopped him. It was a decent contest but not anywhere close to life or death lol
i said linares was a BORDERLINE b-level fighter....read what i said again....in fact, he's more of a solid c+.

Lomachenko himself said it was a very hard fight for him...so you can fantasize all day that lomachenko reallly just tripped over himself and otherwise slapped linares around the ring without breaking a sweat....doesn't change the facts of what happened and lomachenko's face after the fight tells the story.

Sor Rungvisai has had easily the best run of recent opponents of any guy in the past few months. Add that to the fact that we already knew him to be of a certain quality (beaiting Sato and being competitive with Cuadras) and it's not hard to see why he's so high. Also, Roman and JFE have beaten high level opponents at 115 and Roman was famous for struggling to make 112. These aren't midgets that jumped up out of nowhere.

As for Ancajas and Yafai, I think they are talented, particularly Ancajas, but they'll need to show a little more than what they have to make me favor them or even have them at even with SSR.

your list makes no sense...

OK, i grant you crawford at #1...at least you didn't go full lomachenko nuttrider retard.

But lomachenko at #2? based on what? his struggle with linares? his win over smaller guys like grj and small OLD guys like rigo? if fmj had those kinds of wins on his record would you look yourself in the mirror be proud to rank him #2 pfp? loma has done NOTHING...NOTHING of the level required to be #2 pfp. He's a good fighter but incredibly overhyped and he was exposed by salido and linares, two decent but far from great fighters.

SSR at #3 is simply ridiculous...you obviously don't understand that pfp is not a favorability rating...it's about who is the BEST regardless of weight class...SSR is far from #3. I don't even rank him in the top 10.

GGG?...#4? oh well, at least fanboys are showing a little better grasp of reality...not so long ago, GGG was the next SRR, hagler and joe louis combined. I guess his last 4 fights have shown that he's really just a good, top mw, and nothing more...he's not even the BEST mw...canelo is neck-and-neck with ggg and jacobs is demonstrably better. GGG should be about #5 at mw, right in the mix with charlo, andrade and bjs...but no higher than that.

Inoue, IMO is still unproven. i need to see him against SSR or at least estrada or chocolatito to know how good he really is.

the fact you have jack in your rankings but no stevenson when they fought a draw two weeks ago, but you have kovalev in your rankings proves that you're not serious...just admit your listing is really just a joke and lets move on.

Kovalev over spence? wtf?...lemme ask you this: besides a 50 yo Hopkins and jean pascal, a guy hopkins beat twice who the hell has kovalev beaten? tank davis is far more proven than kovalev. spence, thurman and even hurd are far higher than kovalev. Errol spence destroyed algieri, bundu, peterson and brook in his last 4 fights...that makes him a whole lot better than 99% of the guys on your list, including ggg, SSR, canelo (who LOST to lara, the guy hurd just beat) and lomachenko. thurman beat porter, guerrero and garcia...young champs in their prime! His track record put him AT LEAST at #4 after crawford, mikey, and spence.

Clearly, you have very strong personal biases that prevent you from seeing the merits of great fighters and at the same time exaggerate the modest accomplishments of guys you like. doesn't make you a bad guy....this is an OPINION forum after all...but what it shows is, you're some ordinary dude who, like a lotta ordinary people, don't know or care what the hell you're talking about.
dude I told you that wasn't actually my serious list, I was just trolling and tugging your leg. Here's my real list

1. Crawford
2. Wilder
3. Spence
4. Haney
5. Rob Brant
6. Dogboe
7. the product of Jermell's and Jermall's fusion dance: Jermeall
8. Joshua
9. Tank
10. Jacobs
11. Broner
12. Stevenson
13. Rigo
14. Sulinski
15. Russell
16. Tank's cousin Artillery Davis
17. Devon Alexander
18. Shawn Porter's trap muscles
19. JoJo Diaz
20. The little known third dirrell brother: Antonio Dirrell

I'm sorry, I guess I should have been less subtle with my sarcasm, but I thought it was obvious that list you quoted was intended as a joke. I mean, who would ever even dare to think of ranking Kov ahead of Tank? Tank beat JESUS FUCKING CUELLAR. Cuellar is so damn good, he beat Mares, then told the judges to give the decision to Mares anyhow, then jumped up a weight class to test himself against the GOAT Tank Davis.

dude I told you that wasn't actually my serious list, I was just trolling and tugging your leg. Here's my real list

1. Crawford
2. Wilder
3. Spence
4. Haney
5. Rob Brant
6. Dogboe
7. the product of Jermell's and Jermall's fusion dance: Jermeall
8. Joshua
9. Tank
10. Jacobs
11. Broner
12. Stevenson
13. Rigo
14. Sulinski
15. Russell
16. Tank's cousin Artillery Davis
17. Devon Alexander
18. Shawn Porter's trap muscles
19. JoJo Diaz
20. The little known third dirrell brother: Antonio Dirrell

I'm sorry, I guess I should have been less subtle with my sarcasm, but I thought it was obvious that list you quoted was intended as a joke. I mean, who would ever even dare to think of ranking Kov ahead of Tank? Tank beat JESUS FUCKING CUELLAR. Cuellar is so damn good, he beat Mares, then told the judges to give the decision to Mares anyhow, then jumped up a weight class to test himself against the GOAT Tank Davis.

Sadly, I'm gonna have to troll the comedy thread and ask you one serious question : it seems that you really got Crawford above GGG, Canelo, SSR and Loma. I don't. Is it close in your mind ? Just curious.

Sadly, I'm gonna have to troll the comedy thread and ask you one serious question : it seems that you really got Crawford above GGG, Canelo, SSR and Loma. I don't. Is it close in your mind ? Just curious.
oh it's close. The top 5 are all basically interchangeable as far as I'm concerned. I like Crawfords skillset and he's beaten some good fighters, but the unfortunate truth is that Crawford's opponents (IE: Gamboa, Indongo, Diaz, Postol) have lost a lot of their luster with their next few performances. Because of that, I have a tough time ranking him. Depending on how I weight the criteria I could see any of those guys being #1 (maybe not Canelo).

SSR climbs fast in my book too. The first fight with Roman was close and many thought it was a fluke, but then he shitstomped Choco in the rematch. Then he beat JFE pretty well. One more big fight (maybe a rematch, or a unification with Ancajas/Yafai/the winner of Nietes/Palices) would be enough to bump him to #1 IMO.

Last edited:
oh it's close. The top 5 are all basically interchangeable as far as I'm concerned. I like Crawfords skillset and he's beaten some good fighters, but the unfortunate truth is that Crawford's opponents (IE: Gamboa, Indongo, Diaz, Postol) have lost a lot of their luster with their next few performances. Because of that, I have a tough time ranking him. Depending on how I weight the criteria I could see any of those guys being #1 (maybe not Canelo).

I tend to value quite a lot the most recent wins, and don't pay much attention to the eye factor when it comes to ranking boxers p4p. I guess we all have our own way to define the criteria. We do agree on Crawford's looking like a beast, but to me he lacks the depth in his resume. Linares helps Loma edge him, IMO. GGG hasn't beaten many huge names but the Jacobs win (even if I thought Danny won) and the 0 secure him a spot above Bud. SSR's recent wins are second to none in boxing. I still rank Canelo ahead of Crawford but I wouldn't mind it the other way around.

To each his own, I guess. Now enough with the party pooping. Let's resume this glorious nonsense.

Back