top 15 pfp list 15 May 2018

I tend to value quite a lot the most recent wins, and don't pay much attention to the eye factor when it comes to ranking boxers p4p. I guess we all have our own way to define the criteria. We do agree on Crawford's looking like a beast, but to me he lacks the depth in his resume. Linares helps Loma edge him, IMO. GGG hasn't beaten many huge names but the Jacobs win (even if I thought Danny won) and the 0 secure him a spot above Bud. SSR's recent wins are second to none in boxing. I still rank Canelo ahead of Crawford but I wouldn't mind it the other way around.

To each his own, I guess. Now enough with the party pooping. Let's resume this glorious nonsense.

yeah, man, it really is pretty close in that top 5. It's rare to see an elite so competitive.

I had Crawford up as the clear #1 before SSR beat Estrada and Loma beat Linares. However, those wins are probably more significant than any individual win Crawford has mustered so far.

Now, it's looking more and more like value of Crawford's wins are declining: Indongo looked like hot trash against Prograis, Gamboa looks shot to shit (and I never put that much stock in the Gamboa win to begin with), Beltran hasn't looked great recently even if he is a titlist now, Diaz just lost to a nobody, and Postol came back looking mediocre. That's hte problem: Crawford's opponents come in hot and leave cold. Wether that's becasue they were never waht we thought they were or because Crawford broke htem remains to be seen, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I think Canelo is the clear #5 for me, but after that GGG, SSR, Bud and Loma all look pretty interchangeable , with GGG maybe a bit below the others.

yeah, man, it really is pretty close in that top 5. It's rare to see an elite so competitive.

I had Crawford up as the clear #1 before SSR beat Estrada and Loma beat Linares. However, those wins are probably more significant than any individual win Crawford has mustered so far.

Now, it's looking more and more like value of Crawford's wins are declining: Indongo looked like hot trash against Prograis, Gamboa looks shot to shit (and I never put that much stock in the Gamboa win to begin with), Beltran hasn't looked great recently even if he is a titlist now, Diaz just lost to a nobody, and Postol came back looking mediocre. That's hte problem: Crawford's opponents come in hot and leave cold. Wether that's becasue they were never waht we thought they were or because Crawford broke htem remains to be seen, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I think Canelo is the clear #5 for me, but after that GGG, SSR, Bud and Loma all look pretty interchangeable , with GGG maybe a bit below the others.

I guess we cannot discard the possibility that Bud broke them. His treatment looks painful. We'll see how he fares against them WW. If he blows Horn out of the water I'll value it more than many, I think.

Kovalev over spence? wtf?...lemme ask you this: besides a 50 yo Hopkins and jean pascal, a guy hopkins beat twice who the hell has kovalev beaten? tank davis is far more proven than kovalev. spence, thurman and even hurd are far higher than kovalev. Errol spence destroyed algieri, bundu, peterson and brook in his last 4 fights...that makes him a whole lot better than 99% of the guys on your list, including ggg, SSR, canelo (who LOST to lara, the guy hurd just beat) and lomachenko. thurman beat porter, guerrero and garcia...young champs in their prime! His track record put him AT LEAST at #4 after crawford, mikey, and spence.
Bro, I totally agree, I was just being sarcastic. I mean who would put Kovalev over THE Tank Davis? Did you see how he anhiliated the previously undefeated Puerto Rican Pedroza? Did you see the demolition job he ran on Cuellar, a guy who had made himself the clear #3 at FW after GRJ and JoJo Diaz?

I guess we cannot discard the possibility that Bud broke them. His treatment looks painful. We'll see how he fares against them WW. If he blows Horn out of the water I'll value it more than many, I think.
Same, I think Horn is better than most are willing to give him credit for. I don't think Crawford will have as easy a time at 147 than he has had at 135 and 140 so far. And frankly, I'll admit that maybe I bought into the hype a bit to hard with Indongo and Postol, who are good fighters but seem to have been exposed some.

Also, if Inoue wins this WBSS tournament, he'll have a solid case for #1 too. Burnett, Tete and Rodriguez are all good to great wins, and there's still another 4 to see

Also, if Inoue wins this WBSS tournament, he'll have a solid case for #1 too. Burnett, Tete and Rodriguez are all good to great wins, and there's still another 4 to see

Agreed. It is very possible that he literally runs through them, leaving us all in awe.

Fixed it for you...you're welcome! ;)
Thanks man. Actually, I'd make an amendment to it and put Spence in there where Thurman is and replace Hurd and Gassiev. So:

1. Horn
2. Loma
3. GGG
4. kovalev
5. Usyk
6. Wlad klitchsko
7. loma
8. solinski
9. SSR
10. Kovalev
11. beterbief
12. gassiev
13. Baranchyk
14. gzodvzyk
15. provodnikov
16. inoue
17. crawford

Bro, I totally agree, I was just being sarcastic. I mean who would put Kovalev over THE Tank Davis? Did you see how he anhiliated the previously undefeated Puerto Rican Pedroza? Did you see the demolition job he ran on Cuellar, a guy who had made himself the clear #3 at FW after GRJ and JoJo Diaz?
cuellar went 12 hard rounds with abner mares, a legit pfp top 25 guy...tank demolished cuellar in, what, 3 rounds? now, that's pfp credentials. on the other hand, kovalev couldn't even finish a 50 yo hopkins...i mean, the man was 50 years old!...some guy named joe smith did better... kovalev struggled with the very mediocre pascal in the first fight too...this is the SAME pascal hopkins beat when hopkins was like 46 yo....then kovalev got ripped apart like the piece of shit he is by andre ward...kovalev is another of your overhyped guys whom you exaggerate very modest accomplishments.

cuellar is a better win for tank than hopkins and pascal were for kovalev...

cuellar is also a better win for tank than grj, rigo and linares were for lomachenko. grj was green, rigo was old and small and linares isn't even in mares' league, whereas, cuellar was...still linares gave lomachenko hell.

tank is above kovalev for sure.

Last edited:
dude I told you that wasn't actually my serious list, I was just trolling and tugging your leg. Here's my real list

1. Crawford
2. Wilder
3. Spence
4. Haney
5. Rob Brant
6. Dogboe
7. the product of Jermell's and Jermall's fusion dance: Jermeall
8. Joshua
9. Tank
10. Jacobs
11. Broner
12. Stevenson
13. Rigo
14. Sulinski
15. Russell
16. Tank's cousin Artillery Davis
17. Devon Alexander
18. Shawn Porter's trap muscles
19. JoJo Diaz
20. The little known third dirrell brother: Antonio Dirrell

I'm sorry, I guess I should have been less subtle with my sarcasm, but I thought it was obvious that list you quoted was intended as a joke. I mean, who would ever even dare to think of ranking Kov ahead of Tank? Tank beat JESUS FUCKING CUELLAR. Cuellar is so damn good, he beat Mares, then told the judges to give the decision to Mares anyhow, then jumped up a weight class to test himself against the GOAT Tank Davis.
yes, i can smell your fear of tank davis, lol...

i said linares was a BORDERLINE b-level fighter....read what i said again....in fact, he's more of a solid c+.

Lomachenko himself said it was a very hard fight for him...so you can fantasize all day that lomachenko reallly just tripped over himself and otherwise slapped linares around the ring without breaking a sweat....doesn't change the facts of what happened and lomachenko's face after the fight tells the story.

You are a clown. Changing your opinion like the wind. By next week you'll be saying Linares was just a D-level fighter. Lomachenko handled Linares pretty comfortably, that's a fact if you watched the fight. There was no doubt that night who was the better fighter.

You are a clown. Changing your opinion like the wind. By next week you'll be saying Linares was just a D-level fighter. Lomachenko handled Linares pretty comfortably, that's a fact if you watched the fight. There was no doubt that night who was the better fighter.
in what fantasyworld did lomachenko handle linares "quite comfortably?"...what are you, blind or just stupid or too much of a dikkrider to face reality. lomachenko HIMSELF said it was a hard fight...you saying lomachenko was wrong? the judges had the fight dead even...lomachenko got dropped and spent the remainder of the round and the next round running from linares. People who saw the fight, people who are experts, like tim bradley, said lomachenko looked very beatable...look at lomachenko's beat up face after the fight...that was from jabs and clen power punches he took all night. maybe you should buy a dictionary and look up the true meaning of "comfortably" because you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

And if you read my post, i said linares was a borderline b-class fighter...not a solid b. he's really about a C+ like i said earlier...beating linares in no way adds to anybody's credibility...if it did, antonio demarco would have been a pfp guy. but realistically speaking, everyone knew at the time that linares, while a good fighter, was no great shakes, so the fight did nothing to elevate demarco's status. it likewise, did NOTHING to enhance lomachenko either.

lomachenko's next fight will be against bozo the clown....when lomachenko wins, his dikkriders will be like "this was an impressive win against a pfp top ten guy (bozo the clown ) that outshines anything crawford or spence has done and proves lomachenko is #1pfp." smdh.

yes, i can smell your fear of tank davis, lol...
Ummm, did you not see the post where I told you I had Tank ranked ahead of Kovalev? Is it disrespectful of me to have Artillery Davis on there either?

cuellar went 12 hard rounds with abner mares, a legit pfp top 25 guy...tank demolished cuellar in, what, 3 rounds? now, that's pfp credentials. on the other hand, kovalev couldn't even finish a 50 yo hopkins...i mean, the man was 50 years old!...some guy named joe smith did better... kovalev struggled with the very mediocre pascal in the first fight too...this is the SAME pascal hopkins beat when hopkins was like 46 yo....then kovalev got ripped apart like the piece of shit he is by andre ward...kovalev is another of your overhyped guys whom you exaggerate very modest accomplishments.

cuellar is a better win for tank than hopkins and pascal were for kovalev...

cuellar is also a better win for tank than grj, rigo and linares were for lomachenko. grj was green, rigo was old and small and linares isn't even in mares' league, whereas, cuellar was...still linares gave lomachenko hell.

tank is above kovalev for sure.
Dudde, I literally said that in my other post. Do you think I'm being disingenuous or lying?

Here, this is what I wrote, can you not read?

I mean, who would ever even dare to think of ranking Kov ahead of Tank? Tank beat JESUS FUCKING CUELLAR. Cuellar is so damn good, he beat Mares, then told the judges to give the decision to Mares anyhow, then jumped up a weight class to test himself against the GOAT Tank Davis.

In fact, Tank is clearly top 5 GOAT material. You're the one doubting him here. His cousin Artillery Davis is gonna be there soon too

dude that list is awful... where the hell are Trout and Rob Brant? SMH, you're a clear racist.
now you're bringing race into it, you damn racist!...dude, this is boxing...don't matter if you're black, white, purple or blue. unlike you, i don't see color, i see only a fighter's ability.

now you're bringing race into it, you damn racist!...dude, this is boxing...don't matter if you're black, white, purple or blue. unlike you, i don't see color, i see only a fighter's ability.
hey, neither do I.

Case in point, I'm a white guy, and my list has black, white and non-white hispanic. Hell, my list has a man's muscles on it. How can you call me racist?

1. Crawford
2. Wilder
3. Spence
4. Haney
5. Rob Brant
6. Dogboe
7. the product of Jermell's and Jermall's fusion dance: Jermeall
8. Joshua
9. Tank
10. Jacobs
11. Broner
12. Stevenson
13. Rigo
14. Sulinski
15. Russell
16. Tank's cousin Artillery Davis
17. Devon Alexander
18. Shawn Porter's trap muscles
19. JoJo Diaz
20. The little known third dirrell brother: Antonio Dirrell

I'm just saying that Trout and Brant clearly deserve to be on the list. You're the only one excluding them. Clear racism.

@TownBiz can we get your PFP list for June, bro? We're almost there and the anticipation is killing me. Feeling like Carly Simon right about now.

[stamped]

in what fantasyworld did lomachenko handle linares "quite comfortably?"...what are you, blind or just stupid or too much of a dikkrider to face reality. lomachenko HIMSELF said it was a hard fight...you saying lomachenko was wrong? the judges had the fight dead even...lomachenko got dropped and spent the remainder of the round and the next round running from linares. People who saw the fight, people who are experts, like tim bradley, said lomachenko looked very beatable...look at lomachenko's beat up face after the fight...that was from jabs and clen power punches he took all night. maybe you should buy a dictionary and look up the true meaning of "comfortably" because you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

And if you read my post, i said linares was a borderline b-class fighter...not a solid b. he's really about a C+ like i said earlier...beating linares in no way adds to anybody's credibility...if it did, antonio demarco would have been a pfp guy. but realistically speaking, everyone knew at the time that linares, while a good fighter, was no great shakes, so the fight did nothing to elevate demarco's status. it likewise, did NOTHING to enhance lomachenko either.
Lol fuck off you imbecile. That was not a hard fight at all, Loma is very humble so of course he's not going to say it was an easy fight. Loma got hit a bit but nothing remotely like he was getting damaged. The hardest shot Linares landed caught Lomachenko a bit square and put him on his butt, but he got up like nothing had happened. Also Loma was fighting with a shoulder injury since round 2 so it's not a surprise that he said it was a 'hard' fight. Fighting with a damaged shoulder isn't easy. Lomachenko handled Linares pretty comfortably with one bad shoulder. Then he finished him off with a perfect liver shot. Lomachenko was clearly dominating that fight and Linares did well to gain a few rounds against an injured smaller opponent.

And fuck off with changing your opinion on Linares. Now he's a C but you were rating him a B before. Like I said in a few weeks time you'll probably have him down at a D lol You're a joke and your opinion means shit because you change it more often than your underwear. Linares is a much better fighter than when Demarco beat him, that much is obvious. It was 7 years ago, he's improved a lot since then. Of course it elevated Lomachenko's status, he beat a good fighter who was a weight level up from when he last fought that some had rated in P4P lists. No matter how much you want to detract from it, it was a good win.

Lol fuck off you imbecile. That was not a hard fight at all, Loma is very humble so of course he's not going to say it was an easy fight. Loma got hit a bit but nothing remotely like he was getting damaged. The hardest shot Linares landed caught Lomachenko a bit square and put him on his butt, but he got up like nothing had happened. Also Loma was fighting with a shoulder injury since round 2 so it's not a surprise that he said it was a 'hard' fight. Fighting with a damaged shoulder isn't easy. Lomachenko handled Linares pretty comfortably with one bad shoulder. Then he finished him off with a perfect liver shot. Lomachenko was clearly dominating that fight and Linares did well to gain a few rounds against an injured smaller opponent.

And fuck off with changing your opinion on Linares. Now he's a C but you were rating him a B before. Like I said in a few weeks time you'll probably have him down at a D lol You're a joke and your opinion means shit because you change it more often than your underwear. Linares is a much better fighter than when Demarco beat him, that much is obvious. It was 7 years ago, he's improved a lot since then. Of course it elevated Lomachenko's status, he beat a good fighter who was a weight level up from when he last fought that some had rated in P4P lists. No matter how much you want to detract from it, it was a good win.
now lomachenko's excuse he had a bad shoulder...what lying piece of shit. didn't he also use trhe same excuse in the salido fight when he got his ass whipped good and hard? Lomachenko said it was a hard fght because linares was beating his ass...lumping up his face, dropping him to the deck...even with all the juges biased for loma the best they could do for him was a draw.

lomachenko is an over hyped fighter who gets praise for beating C+/B- level fighters like linares....when guys like demarco beat linares back when linares was 25 yo and actually in his physical prime he got NO praise...when loma beats linares at a shopworn, if more experienced 32 yo, he's called a top pfp fighter. so, explain why is it when demarco did it, it ddn't mean shit...when broner dismantled demarco shortly after, that didn't mean shit....but lomachenko struggles with linares and he's top pfp?

i understand why espn and teddy atlas and steven a smith go overboard to praise lomachenko. they know he aint that good, like bradley said...but there's money in saying it, because they understand how idiots like you think... it's just like trump saying that mexicans are all rapists...people know it aint true, but god, do they LOVE to hear it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back