top 15 pfp list 15 May 2018

Good list, here’s a little golden star and a well done stamp for you.

WHOPPER.

first of all, i doubt you can speak for "most people"...you're only speaking for most lomachenko fans and that's it. secondly, beating a guy who 's not even in the top 20 pfp doesn't enhance anybody's top pfp status, espcially if the guy dropped loma and was even on the cards at the time of the stoppage...

so, there's a guy named antonio demarco who ko'd linares a few years baclk..is demarco also #1 pfp? how about the guy who a few fights later destroyed demarco with ease?... a guy named broner...was he pfp #1 for moving up in weight and wiping the floor with tthe guy who ko'd linares? of course you're gonna say no, because you're only too happy to give loma a pass you would never give broner...loma is #9 pfp and that's all there is to it.
Demarco didn't beat today's Linares. Demarco fought him almost 7 years ago. He should have gone up in rank for their respective divisions because Linares is a great fighter BUT he was not a fraction of the fighter he is today.

13 fights and over 5 years later, Linares is a vastly superior fighter to what he was then.

And if either of those 2 also beat Rigo, Martinez, and Walters in an impressive fashion while also getting 3 titles in record time then fuck yes I would say they deserve to be top 5 PfP.

But they didn't. Loma did. Through all of what he has accomplished in such a short time, he deserves to be top 5 minimum.

Last edited:
rounding off the top 20

16- jermell charlo
17- naoya inoue
18- adonis stevenson
19- alex uysk
20- leo santa cruz

notice i don't even rank jorge linares, but he'd be lower than abner mares, danny garcia, shawn porter, robert easter, oscar valdez, rungvisai, and even badou jack or degale etc,....but even with truax or quigg and above sadam ali

Demarco and Broner didn't beat today's Linares. Demarco fought him almost 7 years ago. And Broner beat him almost 6 years ago. They should have gone up in rank for their respective divisions because Linares is a great fight BUT he was not a fraction of the fighter he is today.

13 fights and over 5 years later, Linares is a vastly superior fighter to what he was then.

And if either of those 2 also beat Rigo, Martinez, and Walters in an impressive fashion while also getting 3 titles in record time then fuck yes I would say they deserve to be top 5 PfP.

But they didn't. Loma did. Through all of what he has accomplished in such a short time, he deserves to be top 5 minimum.

Broner never fought Linares. I'm also not wholly convinced that he's drastically better than the guy who was stopped by DeMarco. He hasn't really had to fight a really big and physical LW who could take a beating since his career resurgence. Linares's issues have always been related to his stamina and durability, after all. He's a fighter with a lot of hand speed and a nice offensive skillset whose flaws didn't necessarily align with Lomachenko's strengths because Lomachenko was a fair bit smaller and not very physical, but he has always had some pretty striking flaws. It's still a damn good win for Lomachenko, though; no doubt about that.

Broner never fought Linares. I'm also not wholly convinced that he's drastically better than the guy who was stopped by DeMarco. He hasn't really had to fight a really big and physical LW who could take a beating since his career resurgence. Linares's issues have always been related to his stamina and durability, after all. He's a fighter with a lot of hand speed and a nice offensive skillset whose flaws didn't necessarily align with Lomachenko's strengths because Lomachenko was a fair bit smaller and not very physical, but he has always had some pretty striking flaws. It's still a damn good win for Lomachenko, though; no doubt about that.
Ah yeah, my bad. misread what he typed and assumed he was referring to Linares's loss right before Domarco. It's really late over here and I'm doing too much at once hahaha.

I've seem lots of improvement from Linares since then. The issues he had then are still present but not nearly as glaring. He's gotten sharper and more experience for sure.

But I suppose it's just a matter of opinion.

Demarco and Broner didn't beat today's Linares. Demarco fought him almost 7 years ago. And Broner beat him almost 6 years ago. They should have gone up in rank for their respective divisions because Linares is a great fight BUT he was not a fraction of the fighter he is today.

why is it loma fans insist that their guy get special treatment?...so, when demarco and broner did it, it didn't mean shit...but when loma did it, it's proof of how great he is? dude, before the fight, every loma fan on these boards were predictig a wipe out..as if linares was some untalented bum...i was the ONLY one saying linares had a good chance to win....now that linares dropped loma and was even on the cards up to rd 10, the same mfkers who talked like he wasn't shit 4 days ago now wanna make him into some kind of pfp star...linares was never that...he was always a good , decent guy with the desire to get better....the 32 yeare old linares is not "vastly" better than in his demarco days...watch the film of the demarco and thompson fights...he was younger then...in his physical prime...tougher, faster, quicker. in fact, back then, linares was being touted as the next big star..just before he suffered back to back ko losses. he's just more experienced today...and has asome more wrinkles to his game.

you're not convinced broner is better than linares, the guy who got ko'd by the guy broner ko'd...but you're convinced that wins over rigo and linares make loma a pfp #1 even though rigo was damn near 40 and inactive and two weight classes lower and linares has been beaten by guys who nobody would even rank in the top 30 pfp...i can't decide if its the blatant hate for broner or the blatant double standard favoritism for loma that is more offensive.

you're not convinced broner is better than linares, the guy who got ko'd by the guy broner ko'd...but you're convinced that wins over rigo and linares make loma a pfp #1 even though rigo was damn near 40 and inactive and two weight classes lower and linares has been beaten by guys who nobody would even rank in the top 30 pfp...i can't decide if its the blatant hate for broner or the blatant double standard favoritism for loma that is more offensive.

Take a deep breath and read my post again.

This list is one Kubrat Pulev away from perfection.

Jacobs over GGG after beating Arias and Sulecki.... right... and no Oleksandr Usyk..

Jacobs over ggg made me laugh. No smaller fighters like sor or inouie. This fella clearly biased to US fighters as well. I reckon he’s taking the piss

Great list but Saunders should be in the top 5.
Jacobs over ggg made me laugh. No smaller fighters like sor or inouie. This fella clearly biased to US fighters as well. I reckon he’s taking the piss
it's generally accepted among boxing insiders that jacobs beat ggg even though ggg got the decision.

also, my list is intended to show who the best fighters in the world are...it's not intended to be representative line ujp of all the various weight classes or nationalities in boxing. i don't exclude lower weight classes because they're lower weight classes...i excluded them because the level of comp is not as high in the straw weight - flyweight, divs. whether we like it or not, featherweight-mw which is where most of the talent in boxing is concentrated.

rounding off the top 20

16- jermell charlo
17- naoya inoue
18- adonis stevenson
19- alex uysk
20- leo santa cruz

notice i don't even rank jorge linares, but he'd be lower than abner mares, danny garcia, shawn porter, robert easter, oscar valdez, rungvisai, and even badou jack or degale etc,....but even with truax or quigg and above sadam ali

“Notice”

I’m a little prick, notice me, notice me!!!!

Fuck off ya twerp

it's generally accepted among boxing insiders that jacobs beat ggg even though ggg got the decision.

also, my list is intended to show who the best fighters in the world are...it's not intended to be representative line ujp of all the various weight classes or nationalities in boxing. i don't exclude lower weight classes because they're lower weight classes...i excluded them because the level of comp is not as high in the straw weight - flyweight, divs. whether we like it or not, featherweight-mw which is where most of the talent in boxing is concentrated.

No you've accepted that Jacobs beat golovkin. That’s a load of nonsense and only your opinion unless you can back that up.
It’s clear to everyone on here that you struggle to overcome your bias’s. You’re opinions aren’t fact and if everyone on here disagrees with you it’s unlikely that everyone’s wrong and your right. All of the lists that’s kovs bag posted are a better representation, even the bottom one which is clearly laughable

How on earth can you have Deontay Wilder above Joshua in the P4P rankings?? Wilder's best win is Ortiz, Joshuas best win is Wlad. And how do you have Jacobs above GGG, he lost to him! And Charlo above Lomachenko? What has Charlo done. And what about Sor Rungvisai he's not even on your list but he beat the previous P4P no.1 not once but twice.

How on earth can you have Deontay Wilder above Joshua in the P4P rankings?? Wilder's best win is Ortiz, Joshuas best win is Wlad. And how do you have Jacobs above GGG, he lost to him! And Charlo above Lomachenko? What has Charlo done. And what about Sor Rungvisai he's not even on your list but he beat the previous P4P no.1 not once but twice.
ortiz is a higher quality win than wlad. jacobs deserved the decision over ggg...gonzalez was had moved up to a weight class that was not his best. from that point, he was not #1...and on my list he was top 3 when he was at flyweight but at super fly he was not the same...i wouldn't rank him top 10 pfp after the cuadras fight.

No you've accepted that Jacobs beat golovkin. That’s a load of nonsense and only your opinion unless you can back that up.
It’s clear to everyone on here that you struggle to overcome your bias’s. You’re opinions aren’t fact and if everyone on here disagrees with you it’s unlikely that everyone’s wrong and your right. All of the lists that’s kovs bag posted are a better representation, even the bottom one which is clearly laughable
how are those other lists better than mine? even kovalev's bag man says there are clear conflicts of interest regarding those lists...i have no conflict of interest...i'm just a simple fight fan....nobody pays me for my lists. so, simply by virtue of the fact that i have zero interest in any of the fighters on the list, my list is more objective and therefore superior.

ortiz is a higher quality win than wlad. jacobs deserved the decision over ggg...gonzalez was had moved up to a weight class that was not his best. from that point, he was not #1...and on my list he was top 3 when he was at flyweight but at super fly he was not the same...i wouldn't rank him top 10 pfp after the cuadras fight.
Are you crazy?? Ortiz was a better win then the most dominant HW champion of the last decade. SMH, only you believe that, it's not shared by anyone with half a brain. Jacobs lost against GGG, but I suppose it's YOUR list so can rate Jacobs higher if you want. I'm similar with Canelo, in my mind he lost to GGG. You might not think that Chocolatio was no.1 because of the weight increase but he was still very highly rated as a fighter. Sor Rungvisai deserves to be on the list because he beat Gonzalez not once but twice.

1- Crawford
2- spence
3- Mikey
4- thurman
5- Danny Jacobs
6-7 TIE: canelo and ggg
8- jermall charlo
9- Vasyl Lomachenko
10- Deontay Wilder
11- Gary Russell Jr
12- Tank Davis
13- Anthony Joshua