Tony wants to fight in December (Khabib)

Just to add, Ariel got this interview with Tony an hour or so after UFC because Tony's team said pre-record it and do it now and get Tony's reactions straight away.

Very rare they pre-record but they did for this reason.
That’s interesting. So they just wanted his reaction fresh off the finish of the fight?

Doubt it will happen in December. That card's already got 2 title fights and I think Khabib's against fighting in Vegas since they fined him $500k.
Hopefully in January or Feb.

Yeah, maybe, who knows, I guess it's just the idea what they're going for but as long as it happens :)

Waited to see if someone else was gonna post this but he's just saying now give me a title shot or bust in December.

There's no doubt what so ever Tony wants this fight and isn't going to not take it, so it's got to happen and going to happen.

Ariel Helwani actually said a very passionate opinion on it too in favour of Tony when Tony asked him "Whats your two cents dude".

I'm sure the catch up video will be up soon but this is good, it has to happen, no other fighters are even in the conversation right now.

Edit: Here it is already.

so, he wants to fight khabib in december...that would be another fight for khabib with only 3 months in between..I know guys have done it..but not sure if khabib will want that...hopefully he does..

New Years card would be a perfect time to have this fight. One of the most important fights in the sports history IMO

so, he wants to fight khabib in december...that would be another fight for khabib with only 3 months in between..I know guys have done it..but not sure if khabib will want that...hopefully he does..

I was watching something with Khabib other day and already they were asking him when he'd like to get back in and he said around the same time too :)

Watching the interview, he says it was a 'lazy' performance from Khabib..

{<huh}

and what should we call when tony almost got ko'd by pettis? haha knocked down like 3x in a round, rolling around trying to escape...haha

and what should we call when tony almost got ko'd by pettis? haha knocked down like 3x in a round, rolling around trying to escape...haha
Lando almost turned his lights off too, where is he today? as well a few others.. luckily Khabib has no striking. Pettis then knocked WB the fuck out. Called that one for a 265,000 night. Live thread. Search function is your friend.

The interesting thing is Khabib hasn't bled before in a fight, Tony is quite known to beat his opponents up as he's very heavy handed so we could possible see Khabib bleed in a fight with Tony and see how that affects him.

I personally don't feel it would, Khabib is very disciplined but it would be interesting to say the least.

Some of Tony's previous opponents.

FB-IMG-1567993189518.jpg

I agree, it has to be the next fight.

I mean like the GSP thing mentioned above, I'm all for that big time but not before the Tony fight, Tony is fighting for the title and has earned this a long time ago so it has to happened.

GSP isn't an active fighter so that's more like a one off kinda fight outside of all this, it's all part of seeing if Khabib is the GOAT too, which Khabib has even said himself he isn't until he's beat a few more etc..

The GSP thing can happen after, specially if Tony happens to lose then we can go for that I reckon :)
Precisely. The winner of this fight has cleaned out the division. There really isnt another interesting fight after his one.

So if Khabib wins and wants a money fight or two before going out, cool.

Conor should not even be mentioned. He is irrelevant outside of sucking casuals in.

The money fights are always there. Tony Khabib is a money fight.

There literally is no shred of logic to allow anything else to happen.

Tony wants $1mil/$1mil? Fine. Give it to him. That's couch change in Danaland.

I don't think it's delusion. I think it's marketing.

It is one dimensional. . . But its undefeated

Tony won't backup against the cage and if he had Khabib in a guillotine, Khabib sleep

Ariel is such a POS <36>

" He doesn't say that he wants to fight you"

He said 5 times that he deserves the next title shot FFS.

He's marketing a fight, he doesn't actually believe this. Also Khabib mauls Tony.

wheres your son is going to wheres your son. this is gonna be fun.

and that sentence rhymes so you know it's true.

Tony is going to fight Khabib. Mcgregor ain't never fighting Khabib again. I bet they move this to January though.

Back