Tony wants to fight in December (Khabib)

Doubt it will happen in December. That card's already got 2 title fights and I think Khabib's against fighting in Vegas since they fined him $500k.
Hopefully in January or Feb.

The fuck you talking about? UFC245 has one title fight, and it's WMMA (Nunes/de Randamie). No other potential title fight has been discussed for this card.

The fuck you talking about? UFC245 has one title fight, and it's WMMA (Nunes/de Randamie). No other potential title fight has been discussed for this card.

Yeah, I'm not sure what fights are booked for December as such, surely it's still quite empty as it usually 3 - 4 months down the line anyway although I'd have to check.

I know we're getting a few November fights announced now so I'm guessing there is space within the December cards for sure :)

Khabib will mount him and turn him into a believer

Saying Tony deserves the shot and saying that he wants to fight Tony next are two completely different things.

The way Khabib answered those questions after the fight reminded me of Conor. The guy clearly wants to have options and isn’t committing to the Tony fight next.

How it makes sense ?
If Tony deserves the shot and he doesn't give it to him what this make Khabib be ?
If Khabib doesn't want to fight Tony why he said 5 times that he deserves to be next ?

I thought Max vs Volkanovski was in the works for that one.

and what should we call when tony almost got ko'd by pettis? haha knocked down like 3x in a round, rolling around trying to escape...haha

Yea, everyone knows that Tony isn’t the dominator that Khabib is though. Tony’s strength always has and always will be relentlesness, durability and stamina.

This fight is interesting because Khabib normally has his opponents exhausted before they even have a chance to throw hands on him. Khabib tires, but by that time his opponent is shot and can’t do much damage.

Yes, it’ll be intriguing to see if Tony can find a home for some elbows or attempt submissions from his back, but Khabib will gameplan for that and will probably stay out of his guard. The real moment everyone is waiting for is if and when Khabib gets into the gear he was in in the middle of the Iaquinta and McGregor fights. Will Tony still be Tony at that point? Will he start landing? Will Khabib get hurt and/or start to fade?

Personally I think the answer to all those questions will be disappointing. Tony needed over 100 strikes in 10 minutes to get Pettis and Cerrone out of there. Every time Khabib gets a takedown he takes 2-5 minutes off the clock while sustaining zero damage, and his opponents come away far more depleted than they would in five hard minutes of striking.

If Tony could combine everything he does well with phenomenal risk management and fight IQ, I might like his chances more. But even if he stays calm during the early storm, and even if he starts pouring it on in the middle rounds, it’s just too easy for me to see him spinning directly into a body lock or slipping and falling and throwing away all his momentum.

Feels like 50-45 (or less) or 49-46 (or less) to me.

How it makes sense ?
If Tony deserves the shot and he doesn't give it to him what this make Khabib be ?
If Khabib doesn't want to fight Tony why he said 5 times that he deserves to be next ?
Of course Khabib thinks Tony deserves the title shot, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to keep his options open. If they offer him GSP or Tony he will pick GSP 10/10 times.

Precisely. The winner of this fight has cleaned out the division. There really isnt another interesting fight after his one....

Yes and no, IMO.

First, and this is particularly true if Ferguson wins, a rematch could be gigantic. Tony’s most likely paths to victory involve a comeback victory by attrition or possibly a slick sub—it isn’t going to be Usman vs Woodley. And Khabib is 28-0, so anything short of a wipeout is going to leave him in good position to request a rematch.

Secondly, Justin Gaethje is incapable of being in a boring fight and he’s become a huge fan favorite. He’s one more win over Cerrone away from warranting a title shot. Once again, this is more attractive if it’s Tony with the belt, but people will still tune in to see Gaethje try to solve the puzzle. Unfortunately if Khabib dominates Tony it pretty much answers the “what about a guy who keeps coming” question, and basically leaves us with, “but Justin was an elite wrestler” prayer. But it’s still fun.

Third, people won’t like this but McGregor is always one spark away from being back in the picture. If they do something like Conor vs Poirier and Conor sparks him again, he’s back on the map. And purely for the big drama show a rematch would be compelling television.

Tony is a low-budget POS.

Every time I hear his dumb-ass talk, I can't wait to see his crying, broken face after he loses to the superior Khabib.

Khabib is Tony's superior on every level: Intelligence (multi-lingual), experience, record, class, overall professionalism, everything.

Can't stand Tony's everything ...

Multi-lingual? Good grief man....

so, he wants to fight khabib in december...that would be another fight for khabib with only 3 months in between..I know guys have done it..but not sure if khabib will want that...hopefully he does..
Khabib has done it before but idk. That's a short camp.

Yes and no, IMO.

First, and this is particularly true if Ferguson wins, a rematch could be gigantic. Tony’s most likely paths to victory involve a comeback victory by attrition or possibly a slick sub—it isn’t going to be Usman vs Woodley. And Khabib is 28-0, so anything short of a wipeout is going to leave him in good position to request a rematch.

Secondly, Justin Gaethje is incapable of being in a boring fight and he’s become a huge fan favorite. He’s one more win over Cerrone away from warranting a title shot. Once again, this is more attractive if it’s Tony with the belt, but people will still tune in to see Gaethje try to solve the puzzle. Unfortunately if Khabib dominates Tony it pretty much answers the “what about a guy who keeps coming” question, and basically leaves us with, “but Justin was an elite wrestler” prayer. But it’s still fun.

Third, people won’t like this but McGregor is always one spark away from being back in the picture. If they do something like Conor vs Poirier and Conor sparks him again, he’s back on the map. And purely for the big drama show a rematch would be compelling television.
I dont disagree with any of that especially the rematch part

I really enjoy Tony interviews. He understands the game really well.

"Defend or vacate", "He's got no room to run" - says the hypocrite sack of excrement who was stripped of his belt for failing to defend and ducked Khabib twice in a row at UFC223 and by refusing the Max fight, thus giving up his Nr.1 contender spot. Hope he keeps talking shit, soon he'll be fighting for 50k after Khabib is done with him.

Why are you so angry? Hope your day has picked up a bit

Tony is the shit

Should have got a shot 2 years ago. Just hope he’s still able to put on a vintage performance

This can be UFC's Christmas gift, if the Khabib-Tony fight can happen in December.

Back