Tony wants to fight in December (Khabib)

Tony does seem to want this fight around Christmas, so this could be an awesome part of the Christmas season I reckon, a damn good UFC event during the holidays.

Khabib could have fought again that night, he suffered no damage. Hopefully he takes the fight before the end of the year but I can see this fight happening for the superbowl card.

December is booked for Vegas and Khabib dont want to be screwed over again by that commision. Ferguson is going to have to fight on Khabib's terms.

Vegas is over done. The UFC has never been to Dubai and people are extremely excited for having such a fight in this magnitude

They aren't going to dubai again. Dubai has a contract for 3 more events one each year. They aren't getting another this year.

By that same token the fights likely not going to happen until January

Remember UFC 209

If a fighter signs a contract for a fight agrees on a date
and then misses dues to something other than an injury that should
be a loss on his record.

Tony was there, ready to fight.
Ferguson 1
Khabib 0

“I think this is my fault, this is my fault. I know that (my) body don’t listen to me and I think, I know, this is my fault. How can I say that this is the coach’s fault or the diet guy’s fault? This is 100% my fault.”

After they fight in December Tony will have beat him twice.

Khabib could have fought again that night, he suffered no damage. Hopefully he takes the fight before the end of the year but I can see this fight happening for the superbowl card.

I reckon they will, Khabib is all for it in regards to getting back in again, he said something about let him have a burger first and I'll be ready tomorrow, something along those lines haha

He then went on to say December time he'd like to, so it could happen :)

December sounds about right as far as a next title defense and khabib injury free after fight.

This should be of a rhetorical nature------ maybe early January the latest. Ferguson is obviously (or should be) next so what's the ado ?
Gsp beating bisping means ZERO to me and him going back on his word and immediately vacating after validates it. Go away ( unless u fight an actual top 5 middle or a top 3 welter).
Gsp is 170 goat. I can't take that away but to steal a coinage of phrase / Dana - " I'm not in the caring of gsp business anymore"....... I don't care what numbers he brings in( Dana didnt say that, Franklin U. does- just to make clear).

Waited to see if someone else was gonna post this but he's just saying now give me a title shot or bust in December.

There's no doubt what so ever Tony wants this fight and isn't going to not take it, so it's got to happen and going to happen.

Ariel Helwani actually said a very passionate opinion on it too in favour of Tony when Tony asked him "Whats your two cents dude".

I'm sure the catch up video will be up soon but this is good, it has to happen, no other fighters are even in the conversation right now.

Edit: Here it is already.

it will most likely happen early 2020 since ufc 245 has 2 title fights on it.

Loved the, “Tony’s the type of guy...” reference at 7:25. That being said, Tony’s the type of guy to drop a Tony’s the type of guy reference before he does the electric boogaloo on Khabib in December.

I really hope it happens this year, I been waiting so long for this fight to happen.

"Defend or vacate", "He's got no room to run" - says the hypocrite sack of excrement who was stripped of his belt for failing to defend and ducked Khabib twice in a row at UFC223 and by refusing the Max fight, thus giving up his Nr.1 contender spot. Hope he keeps talking shit, soon he'll be fighting for 50k after Khabib is done with him.
Have we all just forgot who pulled out the first 3 times they tried making this fight? I thought Conor fans are annoying but Khabib fanboys killing it lately.

Back