Tony Ferguson returns to fight Anthony Pettis at UFC 229

Who wins? Tony Ferguson or Anthony Pettis?

• Total voters
That's awesome! This should be the Co-main event!

Fuck Black Beasts fat ass... lol

I really hope no one gets injured for this card...

Who wins this one?

Here's UFC 229 so far:

(not the official lineup, but what makes the most sense given what we know)
LW Championship: Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Conor McGregor
HW: Alexander Volkov vs Derrick Lewis
LW: Tony Ferguson vs Anthony Pettis
FLW: Sergio Pettis vs Jussier Formiga
LHW: Ovince Saint Preux vs Dominick Reyes

WSW: Michelle Waterson vs Felice Herrig
BW: Sean O'Malley vs Jose Quinonez
WBW: Lina Lansberg vs Yana kunitskaya
LW: Gray Maynard vs Nik Lentz

WW: Ryan LaFlare vs Tony Martin
LW: Scott Holtzman vs Alan Patrick

Ferguson back this soon?

tumblr_inline_mvns87tg4k1rql7h5.gif

Wasn't expecting him back for a while. Glad he's back.

This gonna be good

Ferguson beats him in any way possible, horrible matchmaking. Ferguson vs Iaquinta/Healthy Lee/Alvarez are much better fights.
You won't think that if Pettis lands any body or leg kicks.

Think y'all are underestimating pettis here. Yes i know he hasn't been looking Good as of late. But the dude is still dangerous.

This is s way good fight to make and I think pettis is gonna shock some people here.

I will put money on Pettis because he will be a good underdog I think.

I think this one favors Tony if he uses all his arsenal but he is sloppy and confident as fuck and someone will catch him at some point.

Hopefully he is in the same corner color as Khabib, the fuckery on that bus <{jackyeah}>

Ferguson beats him in any way possible, horrible matchmaking. Ferguson vs Iaquinta/Healthy Lee/Alvarez are much better fights.
Ferguson is on a 10 fight win streak, and you suggest two fighters that lost their last fight and one guy that Tony tapped less than a year ago (and missed weight in his last fight)? I love Eddie as much as the next guy but I think Bellator is going to grab him again, and Iaquinta doesn't post on social media like he wants to fight much anymore.

At the very least Pettis won his last fight.

Pettis getting that few votes shows the lack of understanding of matchups/who Pettis’ losses have been to.

I favor Tony 60/40. Pettis is a LIVE dog

Am I only one not pumped about this? This sux. El Cucuy will murk him. His leg kicks, his pressure, his size, wrestling will just go thru Slowtime like a hot knife thru butter.
Anthony is a shell.

Showtime via body shot

Pettis getting that few votes shows the lack of understanding of matchups/who Pettis’ losses have been to.

I favor Tony 60/40. Pettis is a LIVE dog
In three rounds it could be interesting but Tony has murked the guys that murked USADA Pettis. Who knows, maybe the knee is not healed, but I think it will be a blow out. There are levels to this.

What a weird matchup. Still think it makes more sense to have Ferguson fight Diaz but im happy that the 229 card got a good fight on it.

What do you mean by makes more sense? Because Diaz once beat Connor? I don’t know but I bet Pettis is ranked higher than Diaz.

Don’t fall for the diaz hype.

Ferguson will win but I’d love to see Pettis KO him

Back