Tony Ferguson returns to fight Anthony Pettis at UFC 229

Who wins? Tony Ferguson or Anthony Pettis?

• Total voters

Who wins this one on October 6th?

And you better believe both of these guys are going to make 155 pounds on the button when it comes to weigh-in day.

Here's UFC 229 so far (not the official lineup, but what makes the most sense given what we know):
LW Championship: Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Conor McGregor
HW: Alexander Volkov vs Derrick Lewis
LW: Tony Ferguson vs Anthony Pettis
FLW: Sergio Pettis vs Jussier Formiga
LHW: Ovince Saint Preux vs Dominick Reyes

WSW: Michelle Waterson vs Felice Herrig
BW: Sean O'Malley vs Jose Quinonez
WBW: Lina Lansberg vs Yana Kunitskaya
LW: Gray Maynard vs Nik Lentz

WW: Ryan LaFlare vs Tony Martin
LW: Scott Holtzman vs Alan Patrick

He is a stand by Incase either Conor or Khabib can’t make it to the octagon.

Ferguson beats him in any way possible, horrible matchmaking. Ferguson vs Iaquinta/Healthy Lee/Alvarez are much better fights.
Tony beat Lee already nobody is ever 100% when they fights there will always be injuries from training camp. Alvarez might not stay in the UFC. IA Quinta makes sense

Also, let's take a moment to point out Pettis's recent opponents dating back a few years:

Chiesa - W

Poirier - L
Jim Miller - W

Max - L
Charles Oliveira - W
Barboza - L
Eddie - L

RDA - L

Gil Melendez - W

Bendo - W
Cowboy - W

Pettis as always been a fave of mine even through the rough run I didn't pick him for the Chiesa fight but was happy for his win. But I think with Tony he hitz that wall again kudos for taking the fight but I don't see good things the best he can hope for is a tough back & forth and even that I don't see...

Pettis downfall has been completely overblown. He beat Eddie for 1, & the Poirier fight was stopped to check his cut when he finally got the triangle fully locked in.

You’re not excited about a fight because big what u read on paper, their records. Context matters. Ferguson lost Castillo & was 10-8 by Lando, 2 completely different styles.

But yeah spend another half hour writing paragraphs about how awful this fight is. You sound like a spoiled brat.
It's poor match making. I don't care how it sounds to anybody who doesn't see it, because it's true.

Look at the poll... "Let's put a guy who hardly anyone thinks can beat a top 5 fighter against a guy who should be fighting for the belt".
I've already said enough on the topic. We'll see what happens during and after the fight soon enough (if nobody pulls out)

USADA killed Pettis career, Tony by relentless pressure

Back