Tony Ferguson returns to fight Anthony Pettis at UFC 229

Who wins? Tony Ferguson or Anthony Pettis?

• Total voters
Pettis looked better than he has in a while against Chiesa. But nothing I saw that’s says he has a good shot against El Cucuy. Tony gets pretty underrated by some people on here.

If Showtime wins by showtime kick again he has to be given the next red panty night.

So he and Khabib (if neither pull out) will be fighting on the same card but not vs each other. Lol, sad.

Damn, great matchup! Who the hell gets the title shot next now?

I suspect that they have these guys ready for when khabib pulls out.

If both fights go through, ferg and Pettis could be fun.

So after injuries and the replacements are already injured or price themselves out it will be Gray Maynard vs McGregor???
OH fuuuuuuuuck yaaaa!

In three rounds it could be interesting but Tony has murked the guys that murked USADA Pettis. Who knows, maybe the knee is not healed, but I think it will be a blow out. There are levels to this.
Matchups though brother, matchups.

I agree that Tony should be favored though.

tenor.gif

Mmm 229 just got REAL interesting. Got Tony but this should be a fun fight.

Not at all convinced Pettis is "back" and I can't forget his string of woeful "stand stationary for 3 minutes then throw a flashy kick" performances that quickly. Tony has too much to lose and will fight smart. Tony via dominant UD

Where the people saying UFC 229 was unimpressive??
Fuck yes. Now this is a Damn legendary card. The 4 best lightwieghts in the world.

Love Pettis but i think he's way in over his head for this fight. Tony is gonna go weird mofo on his ass.
LOL, Pettis is nowhere near the fourth best LW in the world, a win over trash ass Mike Chiesa doesn't mean anything.

Khabib, Ferguson, Lee, Barboza, Poirier, Alvarez, are all clearly better. Gaethje, and maybe even Diaz too. Also unranked phenoms at LW like Taisumov, who Pettis ducked for a good reason.

Ferguson is on a 10 fight win streak, and you suggest two fighters that lost their last fight and one guy that Tony tapped less than a year ago (and missed weight in his last fight)? I love Eddie as much as the next guy but I think Bellator is going to grab him again, and Iaquinta doesn't post on social media like he wants to fight much anymore.

At the very least Pettis won his last fight.
The guy that Tony tapped a year ago had a staph infection during that fight and still looked great, a runback of that fight makes way more sense in the competitiveness aspect.

Also, let's take a moment to point out Pettis's recent opponents dating back a few years:

Chiesa

Poirier
Jim Miller

Max
Charles Oliveira
Barboza
Eddie

RDA

Gil Melendez

Bendo
Cowboy
Sick schedule. Never realized

I can't believe that Ferg is healed enough to fight already.
Me too. I thought he was BSing on social media saying hes looking for opponent.

Winnable fight for Pettis, but I favor Ferguson.
I agree, i love Tony as much as the next dude but Pettis is dangerous. He looked amazing last fight
LW Championship: Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Conor McGregor
HW: Alexander Volkov vs Derrick Lewis
LW: Tony Ferguson vs Anthony Pettis
FLW: Sergio Pettis vs Jussier Formiga
LHW: Ovince Saint Preux vs Dominick Reyes

I miss great cards like this. They’ll most likely move 1 or 2 of these fights off the main card and replace it with low level wmma bullshit though.
For sure, i dont really mind cus im watching the whole thing
Hopefully he is in the same corner color as Khabib, the fuckery on that bus <{jackyeah}>
Cant wait for the drama. Ferguson probably gonna start to mention how someone is gonna pull and hes gonna step in and save the day, and beat whoever.

The fuckeryyyy

It's a good call to have Tony on there in case either Khabib or Conor pull up - he's the perfect guy to slot-in when you think about it (since he got stripped he's go the most legit claim to it).

I suspect that they have these guys ready for when khabib pulls out.

If both fights go through, ferg and Pettis could be fun.

We got a bit of LW tourney going on

Conor vs. Khabib
Tony vs. Pettis
Poirier vs Nate
Kevin Lee vs. winner of Vick vs. Gaethje, maybe, or just as backup.

Good shit. Until the MMA Gods wreck it all.

Back