Tony Ferguson returns to fight Anthony Pettis at UFC 229

Who wins? Tony Ferguson or Anthony Pettis?

• Total voters
I know Tony’s going to butcher him so brutally and bloodily that 90% of the casuals tuning in will be traumatized and never watch another card, but I hope so dearly that Pettis gets a KO heard round the world and somehow finagles his way into my dream fight against Conor.

A lot more exciting and close fight than people realize. Still expect Tony to win, but best fight he could've taken in my opinion. Might even steal the show.

I think Pettis has a better chance than most here think (Sherdog is extra high on Tony compared to his actual accomplishments). I don't know if he wins but I think he at the very least gives Furguson a hell of a fight. I mean Tony even had problems with Lando on the feet, who a lot of fighters since have not allowed him to land anywhere near the amount of strikes Tony did.

Fight falls apart weeks out due to Ferguson slipping on a banana peel.

Fergy gotta come back strong. Would put Showtime in title contention with a win.

A couple of well placed kicks to that knee will send ferg face into premature retirement; calling it now.
and if it doesnt happpen will you retire from sherdog ?

We got a bit of LW tourney going on

Conor vs. Khabib
Tony vs. Pettis
Poirier vs Nate
Kevin Lee vs. winner of Vick vs. Gaethje, maybe, or just as backup.

Good shit. Until the MMA Gods wreck it all.

You can think it, but for chrissake man, don’t type it. Jinxed all them shits. Lol

Great fight.

2 years ago Tony woulda got my money for sure. but Pettis looks rejuvenated and Tony off and injury and loss of huge paydays. idk

problem is Pettis wont outwork or win a decision against Tony. so he needs to finish him.

Also, let's take a moment to point out Pettis's recent opponents dating back a few years:

Chiesa

Poirier
Jim Miller

Max
Charles Oliveira
Barboza
Eddie

RDA

Gil Melendez

Bendo
Cowboy

Wow that's a wicked line up, that's right. It's only missing Frankie the answer when he was a lightweight, Shinya Aoki and the Conor, Tony and khabib fights.

What exactly was his knee injury? I thought torn ACL... never heard of someone coming back from that so fast.

he never said how bad it was if I can recall. maybe he tore mcl or just had knee damage that wasn't an acl injury.,

Really the only viable match up to ensure Tony is on the same card to ensure the main is covered if someone is injured.

Kevin Lee vs Iaquinta on the same card would have been awesome.

Tony is a freak. It was a torn LCL if I remember correctly. 4 month recovery. Most people would take a year before they begin to fully recover but Tony is about to start a training camp. Insane. I hope he comes back looking strong.
I doubt he's fully recovered, on the other hand he's a freak and still in his prime. Good timing for ferg getting into the crowded lightweight picture.

Closer fight than people think. I got Pettis.

agreed.
Tony's top control isn't smothering enough.

50/50 fight imo.

This is a perfect fight for Pettis to get back on track and be elite again.

Last edited:
I thought Anthony and Sergio said they would never fight on the same card again?

Also McGregor vs Ferguson for 229 main event CONFIRMED

Back