Tony Ferguson is a healthy 190 right now.

He cuts from a little under 170 so he would be at a significant size advantage against some guys at LW

Yes, Conor needs to get bigger if he wants to be a LW. Everyone in the top of the division would be bigger than him, besides maybe Alvarez and Poirier.

He's not cutting from 190 you morons. that's his off camp weight when he's eating like a regular guy.

Yes, Conor needs to get bigger if he wants to be a LW. Everyone in the top of the division would be bigger than him, besides maybe Alvarez and Poirier.
He says he is bigger then RDA. Before losing to Diaz it was all talk about how he towers over fws. Now he's coming for you mighty mouse!

I don't like it either, but you really can't blame the fighters, it's the rules that have caused this situation.

If a fighter is physically able to make a certain weight, let them. They will incur the consequences. It's a chpice all foghters make; cut weight and be bigger than the competition, but feel worse, or cut less and be smaller, but feel healthier.

I remember when everyone was like, Conor cut the most weigh in the sport.

Even though he had to eat to make WW.

So funny.

There is a lot of fighters who cut more than 40 pounds or so. Hendricks is a LHW or even more than that off camp and he makes WW, and I'm not even sure that if he is the one who cut the most or not. But probably not.

He didn't have to eat to make welterweight. He just stopped his strict dieting. There is a big difference.

You watch even though you don't know what Conor was doing while getting ready for Nate.

Since you are just keeping with your bullshit, I will tell you what he was doing. And no, I only say things that are show for everyone else.

Camp finished. Only doing little work with hand speed. Eating to make WW. No cardio training while doing it.

Now you know why he gassed in the fight.

Or he gassed because he always slows down, and had to push that pace to win the first round and hope for a knockout. Diaz broke him mentally, and then physically/

The way I see it, if he can make weight, he can fight in whatever weight class he wants to.
nah that's bullshit, this isn't the ultimate weight cutting contest.

Ferguson is a big dude, in December when he was supposed to fight Khabib, he said in that he bulked up to more than 200 lbs to prepare for the fight. Khabib is also a big cutter, he walks around 190 lbs and cut at least from 180 lbs.

This is why I think McGregor is in a tough spot, the cut for the FW class is hard but he is a little LW.

I don't believe ferguson, hes way to skinny to be 190.
Its like people on this forum have never stepped on a scale

I recall a time when GSP and Alves were considered big WWs cutting from 190. Now we have lightweights cutting from 190 and that's the new norm?

Since when is this normal?

I'd also like to add that with so many Embedded's coming out covering more and more fighters, I don't understand how you could make an argument that these guys are peak condition when they literally starve themselves the week of the fight. Cruz was talking about not eating and the few things he could eat was some nuts, while Faber was living off crackers and water the week of the fight. How does an athlete perform at their best when they are starving themselves?

He's not cutting from 190, though. His fight isn't for another month, in which time he'll be dieting down another 10-15lbs at the very least, before his water cut. A cut from 175-180lbs is pretty standard for 155.

How do people follow this sport and get upset about this?

"Hey fuck that guy that does that thing that EVERY FIGHTER IN MMA DOES TOO"

Do you hate every other fighter that cuts weight? They all do it.

And his next fight is a month away, do people not grasp the fact that fighters shed weight during their training camp?? He isn't going to cut from 190 the day before the fight, if anything he will have an average to a little above average cut. I haven't even heard people calling Tony huge for 155 plus he has never missed weight for a UFC fight.

What's it like to get mad about insignificant meaningless shit? Why put yourself through that?

so monitor the weight cuts and don't allow fighters to make massive weight cuts.

Until that happens, my point remains the same. I'm not saying fighter should make massive cuts - I'm just saying they can do it, and until the day they're allowed to, there's no point on criticising them for supposedly not fighting people their own size.

so monitor the weight cuts and don't allow fighters to make massive weight cuts.

Some kind of reform definitely needs to happen, but until then it is what it is. You can't blame the fighters for playing by the rules that are currently in place.

People use to try so hard to hate on Conor about this but look at this guy lol.

Fuck anybody who is a fit 190 and fights at 155. So tired of this shit. Fight people your own fucking size.

The guy is out of camp and just recovered from a major health problem. It's not like he's going to cut 35 pounds. When he's in camp shape he will be around 15 to 20 pounds lighter and he'll cut from there. Don't get your panties in a bunch. If the guy makes LW he should fight at LW especially since he doesn't have problems making that weight.

Back