Tony Ferguson is a healthy 190 right now.

Not all weight cutting is achieved through dehydration. Just because he's 190 and fit right now, doesn't mean that will necessarily be the case on fight night.

When there is a 155 fight happening, and one guy weighs 165 and the other guy weighs 180, what exactly is being accomplished? Is it determining who the better fighter is at 155? Or is it determining which guy can cut the most weight to muscle around the smaller fighter?

I think there's a reason UFC doesn't have a fight day weight during tale of the tape, and I think it's the same reason a lot of fighters won't admit how much they cut - because they're fucking embarrassed by it and it would be incredibly confusing and misleading.

I think it would be real interesting to see a month or so of fights where fighters aren't battling their weight for their entire training camp and instead they are just training to be in the best possible condition they could be in and are eating not to cut weight, but to be healthy and keep their body fueled. What would happen if a guy trained his ass off for a camp and ate healthy and then whatever his weight was at that point, he would just fight in that class.

What if the 170 division consisted of guys who naturally weighed between 160 and 170 pounds instead of guys cutting from 185-190? What kind of performances would we see?

Off the top of my head, the only guys who did that were BJ Penn, Frankie Edgar and Anderson Silva fighting at 205.

I remember Conor's nutritionist talking about Conor having such a tight diet that they were down to the minute where Conor could eat 4 almonds at a certain time of the day to keep him going.

That's great his weight is on point but I have a more important question... Where are his kids?

According to people against fat shaming, he is healthy.
He clearly says in the video that he's fat and needs to go for a run and these kids on sherdog making it seem like he's 190lb solid muscles

He clearly says in the video that he's fat and needs to go for a run and these kids on sherdog making it seem like he's 190lb solid muscles

I know but I was referencing how mainstream media is saying that you shouldn't call fat people fat. Ha

Fuck anybody who is a fit 190 and fights at 155. So tired of this shit. Fight people your own fucking size.

he is exegeting his numbers to low key scare his opponents at 155.

He does have a tall frame though so there might be some truth to it.. But 205 though.. Idk

Back